Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 282494 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #3660 on: September 27, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »

It looks like Grady Little Syndrome has kicked in again at Fenway as Ron Roenicke is let go. Ron wasn't as good a cheater, it seems, as CHEATING CORA:

“As manager, he showed poise and leadership in navigating an extremely challenging year. We are grateful for all of his contributions in our uniform.”

Roenicke replaced Cora in February after Cora and Boston split following MLB’s report on the Astros’ cheating during the 2017 season, when Cora was Houston’s bench coach. Roenicke had previously served as bench coach under Cora. Cora was later banned by MLB for one season.

Multiple reporters added fuel to Cora’s potential return on Twitter Sunday. MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reports Red Sox ownership “was among [Cora’s] biggest supporters. So do not rule out a return.”

Yep. They love to cheat up there in New England.

Cora really should have been banned for life, but I guess his Boston connections saved his ass.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/alex-cora-speculation-begins-after-red-sox-fire-ron-roenicke/

Roenicke's firing was predicted in the middle of the 6-18 start and it is well earned.

But you knew that.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: September 27, 2020, 04:32:54 PM »

There was a “Sign J.T.” banner outside Citizens Bank Park before the season opener. Some fans outside the ballpark chanted it each time J.T. Realmuto batted this season. And a popular pizza shop wrote it inside Bryce Harper’s pizza box, as the area seemed to be overtaken this summer by the campaign to bring back Realmuto.

But Realmuto is not the only player who Matt Klentak — or whoever the team’s general manager will be this offseason — needs to try to retain.

Didi Gregorius, who has a career-high batting average and OPS this season, while leading the Phillies in hits and RBIs, will be a free agent after outperforming a one-year $14 million deal. There may not be a “Sign Didi” movement, but the shortstop proved that he could have a longer stay than just one season.

“I love them both,” manager Joe Girardi said of Gregorius and Realmuto before Saturday night’s game. “Those are decisions for the offseason. No one really knows what the financial state of our game is going to be.”

That's the key right there, in case you missed it.

Covid will be dictating the MLB offseason, and any player who didn't get the memo better wake up. MLB Clubs have lost an incredible amount of revenue, and they aren't sure how or how soon they will be able to make it up.

That's going to impact every agent, player, owner, GM and story about who should be signed, when, and for how much.

I see a youth movement across the sport emerging and dominating for some years to come.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: September 27, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »

It looks like Grady Little Syndrome has kicked in again at Fenway as Ron Roenicke is let go. Ron wasn't as good a cheater, it seems, as CHEATING CORA:

“As manager, he showed poise and leadership in navigating an extremely challenging year. We are grateful for all of his contributions in our uniform.”

Roenicke replaced Cora in February after Cora and Boston split following MLB’s report on the Astros’ cheating during the 2017 season, when Cora was Houston’s bench coach. Roenicke had previously served as bench coach under Cora. Cora was later banned by MLB for one season.

Multiple reporters added fuel to Cora’s potential return on Twitter Sunday. MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reports Red Sox ownership “was among [Cora’s] biggest supporters. So do not rule out a return.”

Cora really should have been banned for life, but I guess his Boston connections saved his ass.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/alex-cora-speculation-begins-after-red-sox-fire-ron-roenicke/

Roenicke's firing was predicted in the middle of the 6-18 start and it is well earned.

But you knew that.

Because the plan was to bring the better cheater back to Cheatsville?

Could be.Meanwhile, Josh, you might want to tell your little puppy dog to go shit somewhere else.

This is where we discuss baseball.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: September 27, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »

Roenicke was largely viewed as a 1-term stop-gap guy before the 2020 seasaon* started

and there is no reason to believe that the troll was informed on the matter, or any matter about a team he is obsessed about.

obsession does not equal informed opinions.

Just that he has an obsession.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: September 27, 2020, 04:45:53 PM »

Well put: "Goodbye to baseball in Boston for 2020. It is not a fond farewell."

https://www.sunjournal.com/2020/09/27/on-baseball-cant-blame-mookie-trade-for-all-this-mess/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: September 27, 2020, 06:12:52 PM »

But you knew that.

Could be.Meanwhile, Josh, you might want to tell your little puppy dog to go shit somewhere else.

If only you practiced what you preach, Ham.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: September 27, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »

Well put: "Goodbye to baseball in Boston for 2020. It is not a fond farewell."

https://www.sunjournal.com/2020/09/27/on-baseball-cant-blame-mookie-trade-for-all-this-mess/

No, not at all! Mookie's presence might have added up to at most 4 additional wins (using his 3.4 WAR and some of the negatives), and more like 1.5 (his minus Verdugo's).

Injuries played a major role. So did the manager.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: September 27, 2020, 07:54:01 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: September 27, 2020, 07:55:34 PM »

But you knew that.

Said the pot to the kettle.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: September 27, 2020, 08:20:45 PM »

But you knew that.

Said the pot to the kettle.

Thank you for admitting your hypocrisy.

I wish the MLB owners could do the same about theirs.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: September 28, 2020, 10:54:33 AM »

Terry Francona, who has been sidelined since mid August,.will not coach the Cleveland baseball team for the playoffs. Given his health history, have to wonder if he has managed his last game. He has been a winner in every Major League team he has managed - at least, every Major League team not ultimately run by idiots for the amusement of the world's worst and most ignorant fan base.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:37:28 AM by Hairy Lime »
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: September 28, 2020, 11:48:56 AM »

I just saw reports he won't manage in the post-season.

If he never manages another game, there's a real good chance he goes into the HoF.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: September 30, 2020, 12:25:53 PM »

https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2020/09/can-carlos-carrasco-keep-the-tribes-season-alive-after-yankees-rock-shane-bieber-terry-pluto.html

The team with the worst name in MLB is sending Carlos Carrasco to face the Yankees, today.

Sean Bieber pitched more like Justin Bieber.

Credit the Yankee scouting for having the Y's looking only for Bieber's hittable fastball.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: October 01, 2020, 01:14:41 AM »

RIP Cleveland Indians

1915-2020
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:17:20 AM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: October 01, 2020, 01:25:21 AM »

Condolences boz

The Tribe and their extended family had years of pain and some WS agony in '97 and again in '16 that as a Sox fan, I could feel.

They now are in a better place.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 01:39:33 AM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 469