Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 282210 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #4050 on: January 07, 2021, 08:54:41 PM »

Not getting NIMMO is probably the mistake of it all for CLE

I was thrilled when I saw he wasnt in the package
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: January 08, 2021, 11:39:56 AM »

If the BBWAA takes seriously is character clause for admission to the HOF, this should disqualify this candidate:

In two weeks, three-time World Series champion Curt Schilling will find out if he will be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. For his sake, it’s a good thing the ballots had to be submitted by the end of 2020.

Following Wednesday’s riot at the U.S. Capitol Building, Schilling tweeted his support for those who participated in the insurrection.

“You cowards sat on your hands, did nothing while liberal trash looted rioted and burned for air Jordan’s and big screens, sit back, stfu, and watch folks start a confrontation for shit that matters like rights, democracy and the end of govt corruption. #itshappening”

Schilling sent out the tweet at 11:52 p.m., hours after the Trump supporters were cleared from the Capitol and Congress resumed the certification of the Electoral College votes. (By the way, did anyone see Schilling’s new handle on his verified Twitter account? “President Elect Curt Schilling.”

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/01/ex-red-sox-ace-curt-schilling-defends-trump-supporters-who-trashed-us-capitol.html

A total fucking asshole.
Which part of his tweet do you think was more offensive: that protests against police violence and the extra judiciary killing of African Americans was not about shit that mattered, or white people storming the Capitol to try to overturn a fair election and subvert the democratic process was?
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: January 08, 2021, 12:36:17 PM »

RIP Tommy Lasorda.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: January 08, 2021, 12:46:18 PM »

RIP Tommy Lasorda.

Just came to post that.

He, along with Scully, was the face of the Dodgers for decades.

And we went out with his beloved Dodgers winning the World Series.

RIP Tommy

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: January 08, 2021, 02:06:15 PM »

RIP Tommy Lasorda.

Just came to post that.

RIP Tommy

Yes.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: January 08, 2021, 04:04:01 PM »

If the BBWAA takes seriously is character clause for admission to the HOF, this should disqualify this candidate:

In two weeks, three-time World Series champion Curt Schilling will find out if he will be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. For his sake, it’s a good thing the ballots had to be submitted by the end of 2020.

Following Wednesday’s riot at the U.S. Capitol Building, Schilling tweeted his support for those who participated in the insurrection.

“You cowards sat on your hands, did nothing while liberal trash looted rioted and burned for air Jordan’s and big screens, sit back, stfu, and watch folks start a confrontation for shit that matters like rights, democracy and the end of govt corruption. #itshappening”

Schilling sent out the tweet at 11:52 p.m., hours after the Trump supporters were cleared from the Capitol and Congress resumed the certification of the Electoral College votes. (By the way, did anyone see Schilling’s new handle on his verified Twitter account? “President Elect Curt Schilling.”

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/01/ex-red-sox-ace-curt-schilling-defends-trump-supporters-who-trashed-us-capitol.html

A total fucking asshole.
Which part of his tweet do you think was more offensive: that protests against police violence and the extra judiciary killing of African Americans was not about shit that mattered, or white people storming the Capitol to try to overturn a fair election and subvert the democratic process was?

Which is worse? Beating your wife or starving your children?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 04:05:48 PM by UNO »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: January 08, 2021, 04:04:39 PM »

RIP Tommy Lasorda.

Just came to post that.

RIP Tommy

Fuck him. Mobbed up asshole, and a fucking schill.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: January 08, 2021, 06:47:47 PM »

A total fucking asshole.

Which is worse? Beating your wife or starving your children?
Beating your wife and feeding her to your starving kids?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: January 08, 2021, 10:11:36 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: January 11, 2021, 08:35:32 PM »

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-commish-rob-manfred-tells-012005326.html

Get ready to play 162.

No real plans on how it will look, but get ready.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: January 11, 2021, 11:08:38 PM »

Yankguy doesnt think there will be a season
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: January 13, 2021, 05:24:10 PM »

Holding up the cash: https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-suspends-political-donations-following-trump-mobs-siege-of-us-capitol/

Major League Baseball is the latest entity to suspend political contributions in the wake of last week's deadly invasion of the U.S. Capitol by insurgents loyal to President Donald Trump, reports the Associated Press. MLB is suspending political contributions from the league's Political Action Committee.

The league released the following statement to the Associated Press on Wednesday:

"In light of the unprecedented events last week at the U.S. Capitol, MLB is suspending contributions from its Political Action Committee pending a review of our political contribution policy going forward," the league said in a statement to The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: January 13, 2021, 05:27:40 PM »

Major League Baseball does not plan to mandate that fans provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result before entering a ballpark this year.

In a memo sent to teams Monday and obtained by the Los Angeles Times, the league outlined what it called its “minimum health and safety standards” for the 2021 season. The league noted that state and local authorities could mandate more restrictive standards and that all policies are subject to change as the public health situation in the United States changes.

The league completed its 2020 regular season without fans in attendance, because of the coronavirus pandemic. Monday’s memo was intended to help clubs plan “safely welcoming fans back to ballparks in 2021.”

In the memo, the league said teams could decide whether to require proof of vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test, and/or temperature checks but that MLB did not intend to mandate any of those steps. During the 2020 postseason, when MLB admitted a limited number of fans for the World Series and National League championship series in Arlington, Texas, the league did not require temperature checks.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-01-11/mlb-fans-vaccine-coronavirus-dodgers-angels

Individual municipalities will likely rule this situation.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 469