Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 290023 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6765 on: July 23, 2022, 08:57:07 AM »

Pretty close game in Boston.
Looks like you struggled trying to stop that Argonauts offense. And a field goal and a couple of rouges is a pretty poor offensive display.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: July 23, 2022, 09:09:24 AM »

Oh my.

Cora gone soon?

Given the injuries, it seems unlikely.

And it wasn't his decisions that gave us a first base platoon of Dalbec and Cordero. Nor his fault that we have JBJ in the outfield instead of Renfroe and/or Benintendi.

But one never knows.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: July 23, 2022, 10:16:42 AM »

Oh my.

Cora gone soon?

And it wasn't his decisions that gave us a first base platoon of Dalbec and Cordero. Nor his fault that we have JBJ in the outfield instead of Renfroe and/or Benintendi.

But one never knows.

The Boone Watch, however, has started in NY, as it seems A-Aron is totally responsible for losing to Dusty Baker.  Joe from Staten Island knows how to fill out that line-up card better than the Y's manager.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: July 23, 2022, 02:12:56 PM »

Oh my.

Cora gone soon?

But one never knows.

The Boone Watch, however, has started in NY, as it seems A-Aron is totally responsible for losing to Dusty Baker.  Joe from Staten Island knows how to fill out that line-up card better than the Y's manager.

Boone Watch will start as soon as they lose any playoff series, with the possible exception of the World Series.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 05:44:33 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: July 23, 2022, 03:30:48 PM »

Oh my.

Cora gone soon?

But one never knows.

Boone Watch will start as soon as they loose [/i]any[/i] playoff series, with the possible exception of the World Series.

Nope. They're already calling for his head.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: July 23, 2022, 05:50:22 PM »

Oh my.

Cora gone soon?

But one never knows.

Boone Watch will start as soon as they loose [/i]any[/i] playoff series, with the possible exception of the World Series.

Nope. They're already calling for his head.

On radio?

The message boards seem to have laid off in early May.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: July 23, 2022, 07:58:55 PM »

During today's humdrum loss, the typist had a terrible time.

The typist never got relief pitcher Cimber's name right\, with Findberg, Zimmer, and others. Write field was a mystery. Etc.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: July 24, 2022, 01:28:28 PM »

Congratulations to David Ortiz on his day of enshrinement in baseball's Hall of Fame.

An honor well deserved for the outsized slugger and personality who was magnificent when the stakes were highest.

The man was a lot of fun to watch.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: July 24, 2022, 02:04:09 PM »

Congratulations to David Ortiz on his day of enshrinement in baseball's Hall of Fame.

An honor well deserved for the outsized slugger and personality who was magnificent when the stakes were highest.

The man was a lot of fun to watch.

The current Red Sox would benefit from having him back, even as is.

But, hey, it was only a bases clearing triple, not an inside the park grand slam.

Something to celebrate (as we look up at a 5-0 deficit in the bottom of the 1st), right?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: July 24, 2022, 03:23:35 PM »

Oh my.

Cora gone soon?

But one never knows.

Boone Watch will start as soon as they lose any playoff series, with the possible exception of the World Series.

Agree.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: July 24, 2022, 03:30:16 PM »

Oh my.

Cora gone soon?

But one never knows.

As soon as Danish went down it was all over.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: July 24, 2022, 03:55:30 PM »

Whitlock in, JBJ homers, comeback is on.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: July 24, 2022, 08:01:24 PM »

Whitlock in, JBJ homers, comeback is on.

No.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: July 24, 2022, 11:42:12 PM »

Were it not for the games 2, 3, and 4 ago, today's game would have been embarrassing.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: July 26, 2022, 12:31:52 AM »

The Red Sox can win against everybody but the AL East.

+18 outside the division, -17 inside the division.

Unfortunately, they have more games remaining within the division. Something better change!
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 469