Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 290072 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6840 on: August 04, 2022, 08:55:09 PM »

So, ultimately, Bloom traded Renfroe for half a year of JBJ and traded 957 PA of Benintendi's for 380 PA of Cordero's.

Extra defensive adventures from Cordero, too.

I will hope that Pham and Hosmer work out better than JBJ and Franchy did. Unlikely to be substantially worse.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: August 05, 2022, 09:15:05 AM »

Thor got his first win in a Philly uniform, last night. If you believe in omens, then it was no coincidence that thunder and lightning shortened the game to a 4 1/2 inning win over the Nats, with Hoskins and Bohm leading the way, and Castellanos saving it with a putout and throw to home to cut down the tying run.

The God of Thunder chatted it up with the Gods of Baseball and the Phightin's came away with their 34th win against 19 losses since Joey G was shown the door. Rob Thomson has this club playing at a .640 win clip, and that's with Harper sidelined.

But fear is at the root of many a Phillies phanatic, and I heard one lifer say, "Yeah, watch them lose it during the last series of the year, when they have to play the Astros, who are fighting for that best record in the AL vs the Yanks."

Some folks can't enjoy the ride.

But for me, this has been one of the more entertaining seasons to observe. And it's great knowing that Thomson (Son of Canada) could go across the street and maybe help coach the Flyers, too, because they really need it!!!

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: August 05, 2022, 05:37:52 PM »

Nice to see Phils finally had use for Mickey Moniak.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: August 06, 2022, 11:02:12 AM »

O's, White Sox, Phils win again.  Red Sox show some hope?

(Baltimore 2 back of Tampa, 1.5 back of Seattle)

(Philly and MIL/STL pull even in loss column with San Diego Sotos)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 11:05:39 AM by kidcarter8 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: August 06, 2022, 11:41:02 AM »

Gibson pitched into the 8th, with lots of run support. Another win today, is another series win.

Corbin v Suarez.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: August 06, 2022, 01:30:23 PM »

Rob Thomson has already made a good argument for MOY. When he took over the team was SIX games under .500, and now they are 10 games over .500 and in the Wild card mix.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: August 06, 2022, 07:46:20 PM »

Bad enough we have to listen to Dave O attempt to gowdy us into submission, but can't the fucking director have the camera that is following the PLAY be the one we are seeing at home?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: August 07, 2022, 09:46:25 AM »

ahhh hell Red Sox - ya had me believin.

Have to run off 5 straight  at some point

Will be watching

O's to make a run minus Mancini and others?  Great story - but in the end may signal some silliness in their ranks for having  dealt the players

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: August 07, 2022, 04:50:36 PM »

Back-to-back "triples" that Duran could not handle.

But the four walks around a single given up by Darwinzon Hernandez were beyond our fielders' ability to prevent. The man's ERA came in at \14.29, but he has managed to raise it up over 17.00, so far with the bases loaded and nobody out. Austin Davis will try to hold it to that, but it's tough.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: August 07, 2022, 04:56:48 PM »

Hate you MFs that sour on your team and then just make jokes.

You re IN THE RACE, idiot.

It's true that both teams are in the race, but through no fault of the Beantowners is that the current case.

Remember this exchange, Kid?

I had a better handle on this Red Sox team than you did.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: August 07, 2022, 04:57:26 PM »

Back-to-back "triples" that Duran could not handle.

But the four walks around a single given up by Darwinzon Hernandez were beyond our fielders' ability to prevent. The man's ERA came in at 14.29, but he has managed to raise it up over 17.00, so far with the bases loaded and nobody out. Austin Davis will try to hold it to that, but it's tough.

New ERA: 22.24

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: August 07, 2022, 05:06:56 PM »

Mets are getting lots of breaks in this series, some they've made, and others like weird hops, infield hits, etc.. and their fans are going to be true-believers after this series, if they win it, today.

But..if the Braves win tonight, well, all the anxiety renews in Queens.

Meanwhile, the Phillies won game number 10 of the last 11. Rhys Hoskins homered for the 4th game in a row, Darick Hall has 2 homers in the game, today. Callup Nick Maton has homered, 3 hits and 4 rbis. Newcomer Brandon Marsh is 2 for 4 and a run scored and an rbi. SS Stott 2 -5 2 runs scored and 3 rbis...

And Rob Thomson has his team playing at a .666 clip since the beginning of July.

What's good about all this is the team knows it can win with Harper sidelined, and he's coming back in September, if not before.

4-game sweep of the Nats is done.

Marlins are in for 3 before the series next weekend in Queens.

Just keep winning series.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: August 07, 2022, 05:26:16 PM »

It's nice when the minor leaguers come to town

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: August 07, 2022, 06:59:10 PM »

The "minor leaguers came to town" at the end of June and it really hasn't been that nice.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: August 07, 2022, 10:45:10 PM »

The "minor leaguers came to town" at the end of June and it really hasn't been that nice.

heh

Dunce - that was response to the post above it.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 469