Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469]

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 282385 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #7020 on: September 26, 2023, 09:52:54 PM »

And, by all accounts, the most decent person in the history of baseball as well.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: October 25, 2023, 08:30:17 AM »

It probably says something bad about me, but a little part of me is very happy that somewhere out there, Hamilton Samuels is loudly and angrily blaming the umpires.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: November 04, 2023, 12:58:57 PM »

And, by all accounts, the most decent person in the history of baseball as well.

From Little Rock.  One of my in-laws saw him play American Legion baseball there in the early fifties.  The Human Vacuum Cleaner was even then showing a quick glove. 

Only Carl Yazstremski (who visited my middle school when we lived in Boston) matched him for single team loyalty.  Both played 23 seasons for their teams. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: November 04, 2023, 02:25:23 PM »

"Loyalty" does not really describe it. They played the bulk of their careers in an era when the players had no choice in the matter.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: November 06, 2023, 01:59:10 PM »

Welcome Steven Vogt.

Saw an article listing the most recent MVP for each MLB team. Wanna guess the only MLB team whose most recent MVP is currently dead?

Though to be fair, 3 teams have never had an MVP, including the Mess, and one Cleveland player should have gotten the MVP in 1995 except he was a gigantic gaping asshole to everyone around him but especially the press who vote the award.

<edit> Keeping the typo.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7025 on: January 05, 2024, 02:56:08 PM »

I see Michael Brantley has retired, his place city cemented in the Hall of Pretty Good.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: January 05, 2024, 03:19:06 PM »

And when he enters that Hall he'll immediately go on the disabled list.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: February 09, 2024, 01:26:42 PM »

Speaking of retirement and injuries, Corey Kluber has retired after a five year Hall of Fame career followed by five years of injury and disappointment.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469]