Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 282457 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #765 on: October 10, 2018, 03:27:01 PM »

Remaining teams and their preseason odds to win it all (from one source, dont get picky):

Brewers -   55/1
Dodgers -    7/1
Red Sox -  13/1
ASTROS -  21/4

I highly doubt Houston was anywhere near 5-1 to win the AL, being that they were right around there to win the WORLD SERIES.  But please - continue being so sure of yourself, Dickie.

Kid I posted that preseason the Astros were +500 or +600, and your post above shows them at +525.

But you had them at +250 when you made your $800 bet?

You could have gotten +525 and you settled for +250?

Oh, Timmy, never take your wallet out of your pocket.

a fool and his play money are soon parted

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 10, 2018, 03:27:47 PM »

Recap on my real $$ betting, by the way -

My former book got in touch and offered a free $50 bet.....something they do in the industry to get you going again.  Matthew Stafford reached 15 completions before Sam Darnold in that Monday nighter (this was the wager offered) and I was on myw ay at $50.

I had a blast - did real well with Premier League, ok with college football, not as well with NFL and MLB.  Ran it up above 225 or so, then crapped out - last day being moneyline losses same day with Steelers and Giants, taking me back to 36 cents - heh

Cost me nothing.....had a bit of fun.  Account still open but kids have to go to college first

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 10, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »

Remaining teams and their preseason odds to win it all (from one source, dont get picky):

Brewers -   55/1
Dodgers -    7/1
Red Sox -  13/1
ASTROS -  21/4

I highly doubt Houston was anywhere near 5-1 to win the AL, being that they were right around there to win the WORLD SERIES.  But please - continue being so sure of yourself, Dickie.

Kid I posted that preseason the Astros were +500 or +600, and your post above shows them at +525.

AMERICAN LEAGUE.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 10, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »

Brewers -   55/1
Dodgers -    7/1
Red Sox -  13/1
ASTROS -  21/4

AMERICAN LEAGUE.

Well enjoy your "winnings."

heh

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 10, 2018, 06:43:30 PM »

Sale coming in for the 8th.

Gutsy move.

Opinions?

It makes me nervous, but I think I was nervous, anyway - and who did I expect him to bring in?!

Cora had brass balls, and every button pushed seemed to work.

I was nervous about that one though.

Just you.

You want to talk strategy -and this is what you offer?

Good Lord.

I said it made me nervous.

Banks said it made him nervous.

You? You say "Just you."

You want to offer critiques of others' posting and this is what you offer?

Good grief!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 10, 2018, 06:58:44 PM »

Wonder away.  Price's recent numbers va HOU say he's a good bet to fare well - and this was home AND away.

Nate appears to be a key - but this is the Astros, not the free swinging Yanks we are talking about.

I would have no problem with Price as a 2+ inning reliever for the duration

You are on the clock, ALEX.

Price's numbers against anybody when he starts in the post-season have proven to be unhelpful to whichever team he was pitching for.

Relief seems fine. His starts against Houston are likely to get him game two.

Sale's career numbers against Houston are significantly better than Price's and he now has one solid post-season start. Sale goes first.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 10, 2018, 09:11:19 PM »

Better team won that series. Congrats Sox fans.

See, banks? That's what you do. You don't second guess and blame the manager the rest of your life like a perpetually brain injured dimwit.

Yank just taught you a lesson, but you won't get it. As usual.

Leave bank alone.   He knows Timlin and Williamson were getting Nick Johnson, Jeter, Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio and Mantle to end the '03 playoffs.

I'm perfectly fine gutting you and the troll, using only facts, reason and my words.

Its pretty easy.

So kid, feel free to set up the all the strawman you need to hide behind.

You presented no facts. Just your opinion. Your opinion demonstrated your character, which is, at best, weak.

But go ahead with your self-delusion. It's amusing.

We've had this discussiuon on this board several times, the facts and context are well known and perfectly clear.

Only a troll and moron and Grady would let Pedro, with a known history of weakening after 100 pitchs, and after he struggled to get through the 7th, FACE 5 MORE batters, the heart of the Yankee line-up for a 4th time in the 8th, with 100 already on his arm, with a tested and solid set-up guy and reliever in the pen.

Managerial malpractice that most fans understand.

And I understand that you don't understand.

As you are a dumb-fuck troll.

SSDD

Poor Little Richie.

STILL doesn't get the idea of what it means to be beaten by another team because they were better than you when it counted the most.

ALWAYS needs an excuse.

SAD.

What a dumbfuck!!!

LMFAO!!!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 10, 2018, 09:53:28 PM »

See, banks? That's what you do. You don't second guess and blame the manager the rest of your life like a perpetually brain injured dimwit.

Leave bank alone.   He knows Timlin and Williamson were getting Nick Johnson, Jeter, Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio and Mantle to end the '03 playoffs.

I'm perfectly fine gutting you and the troll, using only facts, reason and my words.

Its pretty easy.

You presented no facts. Just your opinion. Your opinion demonstrated your character, which is, at best, weak.

We've had this discussiuon on this board several times, the facts and context are well known and perfectly clear.

Only a troll and moron and Grady would let Pedro, with a known history of weakening after 100 pitchs, and after he struggled to get through the 7th, FACE 5 MORE batters, the heart of the Yankee line-up for a 4th time in the 8th, with 100 already on his arm, with a tested and solid set-up guy and reliever in the pen.

SSDD

Poor Little Richie.

STILL doesn't get the idea of what it means to be beaten by another team because they were better than you when it counted the most.

ALWAYS needs an excuse.

SAD.

What a dumbfuck!!!

LMFAO!!!

Wrong again troll.

and rather that address the issue, you run from it.

What a fraud you are.

The only thing amusing and which draws a laugh is that when you are confronted with an opinion supported by several facts and repeated for you to once more digest,  your rebuttal remains a fact-free declaration of "GLS".

I understand your brief and empty retort is the only way you have to go, as there is no credible way to rebutt my position, as its wholly supported by facts and generally accepted baseball strategy, and management strategy, none of which you seem to grasp.

Poor pathetic troll "GLS" is not much of an essay.

But to help you out and give you the guidance you sorely need, I'll give you one more letter that captures completely the summary of your RedStateWard-lite attempt to evade anything remotely close to an adult response.

F

I hope this helps in the future, but I find it unlikely as you really are just a pathetic dumb-fuck troll.

SSDD
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:55:52 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 10, 2018, 11:14:53 PM »

Wonder away.  Price's recent numbers va HOU say he's a good bet to fare well - and this was home AND away.

Nate appears to be a key - but this is the Astros, not the free swinging Yanks we are talking about.

Sale's career numbers against Houston are significantly better than Price's

not when you include postseason

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 10, 2018, 11:24:12 PM »

Two two-bit bit-spitters.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 10, 2018, 11:28:17 PM »

Its pretty easy.

SSDD

Poor Little Richie.

ALWAYS needs an excuse.

SAD.

What a dumbfuck!!!

LMFAO!!!

Wrong again troll.

What a fraud you are.

The only thing amusing and which draws a laugh is that when you are confronted with an opinion supported by several facts and repeated for you to once more digest,  your rebuttal remains a fact-free declaration of "GLS".

I understand your brief and empty retort is the only way you have to go, as there is no credible way to rebutt my position, as its wholly supported by facts and generally accepted baseball strategy, and management strategy, none of which you seem to grasp.

But to help you out and give you the guidance you sorely need, I'll give you one more letter that captures completely the summary of your RedStateWard-lite attempt to evade anything remotely close to an adult response.

F

I hope this helps in the future, but I find it unlikely as you really are just a pathetic dumb-fuck troll.

SSDD

Spin, spin, but you just can't win. You have always been a poor sports, and an insignificant pimple on the butt of a jackass.  And you remain so.

But go ahead and throw more lies and monkey shit.

Loser.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 10, 2018, 11:43:05 PM »

Its pretty easy.

SSDD

Poor Little Richie.

ALWAYS needs an excuse.

SAD.

What a dumbfuck!!!

LMFAO!!!

Wrong again troll.

What a fraud you are.

F

SSDD

Spin, spin, but you just can't win. You have always been a poor sports, and an insignificant pimple on the butt of a jackass.  And you remain so.

But go ahead and throw more lies and monkey shit.

Loser.

What a pathetic evasive response.
I've provided no spin whatsoever.
And as was plainly evident there were no lies.

I've given you all the facts of the game in queston and you have not discussed any of it.

None.

You've run away as you always do.

Your empty and meaningless  mantra of "GLS" is wholly reflective of your understanding of the game in question, the game in general, baseball strategy, and basic concepts of management. That is too say you are clueless.

You remain nothing but a know-nothing poseur intellectually incapable of mustering a coherent response beyond your 3-letter idiocy.

I was willing to reconsider your grade, but you presented nothing for me to reconsider.

F

Now please resume fucking yourself

HEH
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:44:50 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 10, 2018, 11:46:08 PM »

Spin, spin, you still can't win. Lie some more in your horse manure.

:) :) :) :)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 10, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »

Spin, spin, you still can't win. Lie some more in your horse manure.

:) :) :) :)

F

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 11, 2018, 01:40:52 AM »

It's true.

Sale still has an advantage,

2.54 ERA for Sale.
3.19 ERA for Price.

Combine that with Price's problems starting in the post-season and Sale starts under any circumstances. Honestly, Price's post-season record starting is bad enough for that conclusion regardless and I don't know what the hell you are thinking.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 469