Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 135

Author Topic: American League  (Read 30513 times)

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
Re: American League
« Reply #1575 on: April 09, 2019, 09:01:47 PM »

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: April 10, 2019, 10:55:36 PM »

15-0 in the bottom of the ninth. Comeback time!!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: April 11, 2019, 11:31:28 PM »

Not a bad come from behind win. Not bad at all - and since we're 1-6 in games in which we score first and 3 - 3 in games in which we score second (if at all), I suppose we should be grateful to have fallen behind, but...

It really seems like a hard way to go to repeatedly put yourselves down 4 or 5 runs before starting the comeback!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:13:04 AM by josh »

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:48 PM »

Go, O's!

Meanwhile, the NL East is living up to its billing. it will be one of the greatest seasons of all time, if all those teams stay healthy.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: April 15, 2019, 05:08:45 PM »

Nola vs Mets LH brigade.  May not be pretty.
Rest in peace, Pernell Whitaker

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: April 15, 2019, 05:53:48 PM »

Go, O's!

Meanwhile, the NL East is living up to its billing. it will be one of the greatest seasons of all time, if all those teams stay healthy.

Oh, those mighty Orioles, a whopping one game ahead of the incredibly lame Red Sox.

And that amazing NL East gathering has a total of one team with more wins than losses over a team with a winning record.

They need to do better than that to be a great season, let along among the greatest. They were better at this point last year than they are now.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: April 15, 2019, 06:34:51 PM »

I think the NL East is going to be great this season and save Florida, it appears the teams are all very good and very even-matched.  Nothing that's taken place so far has disproven that.   
When at first I learned to speak, I used all my words to fight.  With him and her and  you and me.  Oh, but it's just a waste of time.  Yeah, it's such a waste of time.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: April 15, 2019, 07:31:47 PM »

Go, O's!

Oh, those mighty Orioles, a whopping one game ahead of the incredibly lame Red Sox.

And that amazing NL East gathering has a total of one team with more wins than losses over a team with a winning record.

They need to do better than that to be a great season, let along among the greatest. They were better at this point last year than they are now.

I think you don't really understand baseball.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: April 15, 2019, 07:34:25 PM »

I think the NL East is going to be great this season and save Florida, it appears the teams are all very good and very even-matched.  Nothing that's taken place so far has disproven that.

Agreed.

The entire NL is a horserace. Which is cool. Signs are that SD may sign Keuchel. Big park, West coast, one year.

We'll see. Meanwhile, Kimbrell still unsigned. Maybe Boston wants him back, since their record so far is worst than 28 NL teams.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: April 15, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »

Agreed.

The entire NL is a horserace. Which is cool. Signs are that SD may sign Keuchel. Big park, West coast, one year.

We'll see. Meanwhile, Kimbrell still unsigned. Maybe Boston wants him back, since their record so far is worst than 28 NL teams.

If he could start...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: April 15, 2019, 09:06:32 PM »

Go, O's!

I don't pretend to understand your idiosyncratic view of it.

But I am unconcerned with your estimating of my understanding of it.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: April 16, 2019, 09:11:59 AM »

Go, O's!

I don't pretend to understand your idiosyncratic view of it.

But I am unconcerned with your estimating of my understanding of it.

Thanks for confirming the original assessment.

Give you credit for being a real fan, though, being here when the Sox are losing, and operating far below expectations. The rest of the cartel, and its loudest braggart are in hiding still. Kudos to you, Joshie.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: April 16, 2019, 11:26:20 AM »

and Elba credits you being being a real asshole-stalker-know nothing troll

Sox poor start has nothing to do with Kimbrel and everything to do with shitty starting pitching, lack of timely hitting and lolly-gagging.

Hopefully they will start to play better baseball. and soon.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: April 16, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »

Leon called up, Sox DFA Swihart

short leash with Swiahart seems a little rash

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 16, 2019, 02:38:20 PM »

The Red Sox spent all of last year saying how great Leon was with the pitching staff.  Can't understand why they chose Swihart over him in the first place. 
When at first I learned to speak, I used all my words to fight.  With him and her and  you and me.  Oh, but it's just a waste of time.  Yeah, it's such a waste of time.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 135