Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 282316 times)

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #1770 on: April 15, 2019, 07:34:25 PM »

I think the NL East is going to be great this season and save Florida, it appears the teams are all very good and very even-matched.  Nothing that's taken place so far has disproven that.

Agreed.

The entire NL is a horserace. Which is cool. Signs are that SD may sign Keuchel. Big park, West coast, one year.

We'll see. Meanwhile, Kimbrell still unsigned. Maybe Boston wants him back, since their record so far is worst than 28 NL teams.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: April 15, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »

I think the NL East is going to be great this season and save Florida, it appears the teams are all very good and very even-matched.  Nothing that's taken place so far has disproven that.

Agreed.

The entire NL is a horserace. Which is cool. Signs are that SD may sign Keuchel. Big park, West coast, one year.

We'll see. Meanwhile, Kimbrell still unsigned. Maybe Boston wants him back, since their record so far is worst than 28 NL teams.

If he could start...
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 15, 2019, 09:06:32 PM »

Go, O's!

Meanwhile, the NL East is living up to its billing. it will be one of the greatest seasons of all time, if all those teams stay healthy.

Oh, those mighty Orioles, a whopping one game ahead of the incredibly lame Red Sox.

And that amazing NL East gathering has a total of one team with more wins than losses over a team with a winning record.

They need to do better than that to be a great season, let along among the greatest. They were better at this point last year than they are now.

I think you don't really understand baseball.

I don't pretend to understand your idiosyncratic view of it.

But I am unconcerned with your estimating of my understanding of it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 16, 2019, 08:16:02 AM »

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/

4/16

1-2 for week

Rays
Braves
Twins
Padres
White Sox
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:26:51 AM by kiidcarter8 »

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 16, 2019, 09:11:59 AM »

Go, O's!

Meanwhile, the NL East is living up to its billing. it will be one of the greatest seasons of all time, if all those teams stay healthy.

Oh, those mighty Orioles, a whopping one game ahead of the incredibly lame Red Sox.

And that amazing NL East gathering has a total of one team with more wins than losses over a team with a winning record.

They need to do better than that to be a great season, let along among the greatest. They were better at this point last year than they are now.

Thanks for confirming the original assessment.

Give you credit for being a real fan, though, being here when the Sox are losing, and operating far below expectations. The rest of the cartel, and its loudest braggart are in hiding still. Kudos to you, Joshie.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 16, 2019, 11:26:20 AM »

and Elba credits you being being a real asshole-stalker-know nothing troll

Sox poor start has nothing to do with Kimbrel and everything to do with shitty starting pitching, lack of timely hitting and lolly-gagging.

Hopefully they will start to play better baseball. and soon.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 16, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »

Leon called up, Sox DFA Swihart

short leash with Swiahart seems a little rash

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 16, 2019, 02:38:20 PM »

The Red Sox spent all of last year saying how great Leon was with the pitching staff.  Can't understand why they chose Swihart over him in the first place. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 16, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »

Could be any number of reasons.  Sox might be grateful Sandy didn't get scooped up, though my guess is there are a few other options out there

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 16, 2019, 03:15:29 PM »

I think the theory with such things is that a team can always find a good defensive catcher (the same theory applies to kickers in the NFL I guess), but it never quite seems to work out that way.  It seems to me that Swihart had a ton of chances to prove his worth. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 16, 2019, 05:21:43 PM »

The Red Sox spent all of last year saying how great Leon was with the pitching staff.  Can't understand why they chose Swihart over him in the first place.

Leon is the better defensive catcher, and game caller, but he was no hit. Swihart made the team for his bat potential, but he was trade bait during ST, with no takers.

While totallly agree that Swihart has been given the time and opportunity to suceed, this early-season DFA seems a little desperate.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 16, 2019, 06:24:38 PM »

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/

4/16

1-2 for week

Rays
Braves
Twins
Padres
White Sox

Pirates   + 97.09
Astros
Rangers
Blue Jays
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:54:19 PM by josh »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 16, 2019, 09:33:47 PM »

That was f'ugly.

at least it was relatively quick.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 16, 2019, 09:50:18 PM »

Leon is the better defensive catcher, and game caller, but he was no hit. Swihart made the team for his bat potential, but he was trade bait during ST, with no takers.

While totallly agree that Swihart has been given the time and opportunity to suceed, this early-season DFA seems a little desperate.

Nobody took Sandy on waivers. Maybe Blake will go through, too.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 16, 2019, 10:34:54 PM »

Go, O's!

Thanks for confirming the original assessment.

Give you credit for being a real fan, though, being here when the Sox are losing, and operating far below expectations. The rest of the cartel, and its loudest braggart are in hiding still. Kudos to you, Joshie.

Your orignal assessment was decades ago and had nothing to do with me. Kind of like this one - I care as much about your assessment of me as a real fan as I do about your assessment of my baseball knowledge.

I am generally interested in your assessments of tons of stuff about teams and players, when you can steer clear of your obsessions. But I see no reason for you to care about my assessments of your posts, inane and otherwise, with rare exception.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 469