Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 282468 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #1965 on: May 07, 2019, 02:20:30 AM »

5/3

My picks

Braves    + 63.30
Yankees  + 66.67
Indians   + 71.43
Pirates    -100
Rangers  -100

+  1.40

ME

Mets        + 55.56
Padres     +137.00
Nationals + 66.67
Twins      + 89.29
Rockies   +110.00

+458.52

5/1

ME

Giants      +120
Blue Jays  - 100
Phillies     +  41.67
Rays        - 100

ME

Padres   + 98.04
Dodgers + 68.97
Mariners -100.00

+ 67.01

My picks

Milwaukee + 92.60
Mets         -100.00

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 02:40:09 AM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 07, 2019, 07:12:20 AM »

System starts 4-1 again.  Late Cubs loss the only blemish.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: May 07, 2019, 02:21:58 PM »

Well, no - I haven't lost anything.

I save that for the occasional poker event.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: May 07, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »

My last sports bet loss was a Steelers game, I think.

up until today, when my 50 bucks at 12-1 on Liverpool will go up in flames.

Gotta have fun with it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: May 07, 2019, 02:43:06 PM »

You set up a game where you set the parameters around winning $ (real or imaginery) and the unit you chose was $100 a game.

Initially you provided an accounting and the early results had you losing about $1500.

You stopped providing your cash results, and then changed your reporting to "system" bets and "your" bets, and after a couple of weeks as I recall, your results were just as poor. But that was just a guess.

Now you claim you are winning, but when pressed admit you've lost an additional $400 in a true accounting.

I'm glad you're not betting, but just having fun, as a $4,000 loss so early in the season can't be that much fun to someone who needs to pretend to strangers that they are winning.

and kid you did lose something.

What little credibility you thought you had..

You couldn't even play your own game without changing the rules.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: May 07, 2019, 03:08:47 PM »

You set up a game where you set the parameters around winning $ (real or imaginery) and the unit you chose was $100 a game.

Initially you provided an accounting and the early results had you losing about $1500.

You stopped providing your cash results, and then changed your reporting to "system" bets and "your" bets, and after a couple of weeks as I recall, your results were just as poor. But that was just a guess.

Now you claim you are winning, but when pressed admit you've lost an additional $400 in a true accounting.

I'm glad you're not betting, but just having fun, as a $4,000 loss so early in the season can't be that much fun to someone who needs to pretend to strangers that they are winning.

I'm pretty sure he is well under $4000 in losses. He's had a pretty good run recently, as you can see above.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: May 07, 2019, 03:16:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure he is well under $4000 in losses. He's had a pretty good run recently, as you can see above.

Kid had 2-week stretch after his initial report of a $1500 loss, that mirrored his $1500 loss run. And he said he lost around $400 in his recent 39-33 "winning" period (which I think included his recent "good run"

But as I don't track his bets, I've no idea.

So iI ballparked the cumulative loss at $4,000 to account for kid understating bad results.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: May 07, 2019, 03:48:22 PM »

Thanks

Long season

You may recall I was about a +40 in games won in NBA when I stopped that exercise.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: May 07, 2019, 03:54:40 PM »

System picks for May 7

Yankees
Dodgers
Cubs
Brewers
Padres

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 07, 2019, 04:02:31 PM »

My picks 5/7

Nationals
Phillies
Cubs
Braves
Jays

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 07, 2019, 07:47:56 PM »

Thanks

Long season

You may recall I was about a +40 in games won in NBA when I stopped that exercise.

Seems like an unlikely thing for me to recall.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 07, 2019, 07:50:31 PM »

Kid had 2-week stretch after his initial report of a $1500 loss, that mirrored his $1500 loss run. And he said he lost around $400 in his recent 39-33 "winning" period (which I think included his recent "good run"

But as I don't track his bets, I've no idea.

So iI ballparked the cumulative loss at $4,000 to account for kid understating bad results.

I understood your reasoning; it wasn't bad, just mistaken.

I have been] vaguely tracking the results of his bets. He was down more than $2,000. I think the next -$400 or so is since then, but we've been promised updated numbers real soon now. We should, of course, hold our breaths.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 07, 2019, 09:18:57 PM »

I think you mean shouldnt....
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 469