Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 282485 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #2190 on: June 11, 2019, 09:38:47 AM »

Per USAToday: David Ortiz is expected to be flown from the Dominican Republic to Boston on Monday afternoon for further treatment of a gunshot wound, and answered yes and no questions from family members, according to one of his associates.

Leo Lopez, Ortiz's assistant, told USA TODAY Sports that Ortiz's family is hopeful he will be on his way to Boston by 4 p.m. ET on Monday, via a plane sent by the Red Sox. Lopez said doctors were examining Ortiz early Monday afternoon to determine whether his condition was sufficiently stable to travel.

"Just yes or no. Not a lot of words, but he can talk," Lopez said of Ortiz.

Ortiz was shot in the "lower back/abdominal region" at a bar in the Dominican Republic on Sunday night and underwent surgery at a local hospital.

"The bullet went through his stomach," Felix DurĂ¡n Mejia, a spokesperson for the Dominican National Police told CNN.

The Red Sox said in a statement that they "offered David's family all available resources to aid his recovery." He is expected to receive further treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Do they deal with a lot of gunshot wounds at Mass Gen? One would think they'd want to bring him to a place where they are used to doing so, like Stroger Hospital in Chicago.

A rare backhanded compliment to Boston.

As for where to take him, why not choose some place in the "top" 25 for murder rates in the US instead of Chicago?

Maybe you should look up Stroger Hospital.

Instead of tapping into your usual knee-jerk BS.

I think the work on David's innards is complete.  Stroger better for immediate care?  Fine.  But that's not what this is now.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: June 11, 2019, 09:39:48 AM »

oh.....

And who the hell wants to be in Chicago?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: June 11, 2019, 09:50:55 AM »

I'll be there this weekend for a graduation and to see the Yankees vs. White Sox on Dad's Day.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: June 11, 2019, 11:09:43 AM »

Congrats!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: June 11, 2019, 11:19:19 AM »

Thanks.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: June 11, 2019, 11:30:51 AM »

I'll be there this weekend for a graduation and to see the Yankees vs. White Sox on Dad's Day.

Sounds like fun.

Then again, I enjoy Chicago.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: June 11, 2019, 11:45:35 AM »

As do I.  I would move there if offered a job.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: June 11, 2019, 12:02:25 PM »

Chicago's a great city. Used to go there often on business.

My kid had a 6-month rotation out there as her first real taste of corporate life, and she loved it too.

Enjoy the Windy City yank.

My guess is that the MGH follow-up is to make sure the DR surgeons covered all the bases and there is no risk of infection/peritonitis.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:19 PM »

I think he will be in there for quite some time.  Not just a routine folluwup.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: June 11, 2019, 01:13:55 PM »

Given my experience with abdominal surgery and associated nastiness, even given advances in surgical techniques, medicine etc, the body and organs need to recover and regain functionality. IIRC it took me about 2+ weeks of hospital time to be strong enough to get released. Then about 6 weeks to get over most of the effects of surgery.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: June 11, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »

Given my experience with abdominal surgery and associated nastiness, even given advances in surgical techniques, medicine etc, the body and organs need to recover and regain functionality. IIRC it took me about 2+ weeks of hospital time to be strong enough to get released. Then about 6 weeks to get over most of the effects of surgery.

So, he's pretty much done for the rest of the season, but might make it back into shape for the playoffs?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 11, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »

So, he's pretty much done for the rest of the season, but might make it back into shape for the playoffs?

heh

he may need a few ABs in pawtucket.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 11, 2019, 01:48:48 PM »

He'll be activated and immediately hit 3 HRS against the Yankees.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 11, 2019, 03:17:46 PM »

As do I.  I would move there if offered a job.
I hated living there, though I always loved visiting it.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 11, 2019, 03:19:20 PM »

My son hated the summers there because they were too hot and hated the winters because they were too cold.  So he moved to San Francisco.  Where it was 100 degrees yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 469