Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 280223 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #2205 on: June 11, 2019, 03:26:54 PM »

Global bleepin' warmin'

Killing snowmobilers in AK

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: June 12, 2019, 08:46:57 AM »

I'll be there this weekend for a graduation and to see the Yankees vs. White Sox on Dad's Day.

Sounds great. Less debt! Congrats to all.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: June 12, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »

Btw, love Chicago. Great people, great food, fun city. As for Big Papi, it's still looks like a hit.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: June 12, 2019, 10:16:24 AM »

Thanks. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: June 12, 2019, 07:08:39 PM »

A walk-off walk.

AWAW. Go Bruins.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 14, 2019, 01:14:48 AM »

Yeah, it was a wonderful CFB win, but do we really have to fall behind 4-0 or 6-1?

And listening to Dave O'B go on and on about how unlikely Josh Smith was as the closer tonight reminded me just how much I miss Don Orsillo, still.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: June 14, 2019, 09:58:30 AM »

Big Papi's Love Triangle:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7137557/This-Dominican-model-caught-love-triangle-David-Ortiz.html

Cheat in baseball, cheat on wife. Quite the role model.The woman believed to be at the center of the David Ortiz shooting riddle can today be revealed as a curvy Dominican model who flocked to the slugger's side as he fought for his life in the hospital.

DailyMailTV has identified Maria Yeribell Martinez Garcia as the female seen clashing with Big Papi's entourage in a waiting room hours after the failed $8,000 'hit' on the baseball star on June 9 in the Dominican Republic.

A video of the incident circulating on social media shows the busty YouTube beauty vlogger arguing with several other women before being thrown to the floor amid chaotic scenes.

The young mom has not been spotted since, though someone claiming to be Garcia gave a brief phone interview to a Dominican TV station in which she denied any romantic involvement with married Ortiz, 43.

'We are friends, he knows my family and the people are making things much larger,' she said in Spanish. 'His recuperation is what's important right now, not me, not the people in the clinic.'

Ortiz is back in the US and expected to recover after he was shot in the back Sunday night in a crowded patio bar in Santo Domingo's bustling Ensanche Ozama neighborhood.

Maria Yeribell Martinez Garcia (pictured) is believed to be at the center of the David Ortiz shooting riddle as the curvy Dominican model attempted to flock to the slugger's side as he fought for his life in the hospital
Maria Yeribell Martinez Garcia (pictured) is believed to be at the center of the David Ortiz shooting riddle as the curvy Dominican model attempted to flock to the slugger's side as he fought for his life in the hospital
Woman allegedly at the center of Ortiz shooting in catfight at hospital
Loaded: 0%Progress: 0%0:00
Play
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration Time 1:03
Fullscreen
DailyMail.com has identified Maria Yeribell Martinez Garcia as the female seen clashing with Big Papi's entourage in a waiting room hours after the failed $8,000 'hit' on June 9 in the Dominican Republic
DailyMail.com has identified Maria Yeribell Martinez Garcia as the female seen clashing with Big Papi's entourage in a waiting room hours after the failed $8,000 'hit' on June 9 in the Dominican Republic

A video of the incident circulating on social media shows the busty YouTube beauty vlogger arguing with several other women before being thrown to the floor amid chaotic scenes
A video of the incident circulating on social media shows the busty YouTube beauty vlogger arguing with several other women before being thrown to the floor amid chaotic scenes
The former Boston Red Sox player, 43, was gunned down on June 9.  Dominican Police say a gang of sicarios - hitmen - stalked Ortiz before shooting him at point blank range to claim 400,000 Dominican Pesos ($7,805) that was offered to gun down the former Red Sox star
The former Boston Red Sox player, 43, was gunned down on June 9.  Dominican Police say a gang of sicarios - hitmen - stalked Ortiz before shooting him at point blank range to claim 400,000 Dominican Pesos ($7,805) that was offered to gun down the former Red Sox star
Dominican model at center of Ortiz 'love triangle'.

Dominican Police say a gang of sicarios - hitmen - stalked Ortiz before shooting him at point blank range to claim 400,000 Dominican Pesos ($7,805) that was offered to gun down the former Red Sox star.

Police have not said who was behind the ‘murder for hire’ plot but three law enforcement sources told DailyMail.com it's believed the organizer was a Dominican drug lord who thought Ortiz was having an affair with his girlfriend.

Garcia has not been accused of any wrongdoing and denies being involved with a mobster, describing the love triangle allegation as 'totally false' in an Instagram post circulated on social media.

Alex Radetsky, a US-based agent for Ortiz, declined to comment on whether his famed client had any sort of relationship with Garcia, romantic or otherwise.

But on Monday, a representative for Ortiz, Leo Lopez denied that the shooting had anything to do with a woman but said it was the act of 'hired' killers.

He said: 'There is no doubt that it was an act of hired killers. If we had known that there was a dangerous situation, he would not have been there at that moment.

Radetsky also declined to address a set of images circulating widely in the Dominican media that appear to show that Ortiz bought Garcia a luxury SUV the day before the shooting.

The documents include a June 8 sales agreement for a Lexus RX that lists Garcia as the owner of the new car. 

A bank check made out by David Americo Ortiz Arias, the ex-player's full name, shows a Bank of America check for $84,500.

The memo on the check is translated to read: 'the vehicle purchase'. The check was dated June 10, the Monday after Ortiz was shot.

The young mom has not been spotted since, though someone claiming to be Garcia gave a brief phone interview to a Dominican TV station in which she denied any romantic involvement with married Ortiz, 43

Garcia denied being involved with the star: 'We are friends, he knows my family and the people are making things much larger,' she said in Spanish. 'His recuperation is what's important right now, not me, not the people in the clinic'
Garcia denied being involved with the star: 'We are friends, he knows my family and the people are making things much larger,' she said in Spanish. 'His recuperation is what's important right now, not me, not the people in the clinic'
A set of images circulating widely in the Dominican media that appear to show that Ortiz bought Garcia a luxury SUV the day before the shooting. The documents include a June 8 sales agreement for a Lexus RX that lists Garcia as the owner of the new car (pictured)
A set of images circulating widely in the Dominican media that appear to show that Ortiz bought Garcia a luxury SUV the day before the shooting. The documents include a June 8 sales agreement for a Lexus RX that lists Garcia as the owner of the new car (pictured)
A bank check made out by David Americo Ortiz Arias, the ex-player's full name, shows a check for $84,500. The memo on the check is translated to 'the vehicle purchase'. The check was dated June 10 (pictured), the Monday after Ortiz was shot
A bank check made out by David Americo Ortiz Arias, the ex-player's full name, shows a check for $84,500. The memo on the check is translated to 'the vehicle purchase'. The check was dated June 10 (pictured), the Monday after Ortiz was shot
DailyMail.com approached the Santo Domingo-based dealership to verify whether the papers were genuine. A saleswoman said she was not able to speak to the media because of the ongoing police investigation.

Garcia has not been named as a suspect, nor a person of interest and there is no suggestion she was in on the murder plot.

Dominican authorities have so far arrested six men over the shooting that also wounded Dominican TV host Jhoel Lopez, who it's believed was struck in the leg once the bullet had exited Ortiz' stomach.

Director of Police Ney Aldrin Bautista Almonte told the media on Wednesday afternoon about the murder-for-hire plot. 

He said the botched hit involved a 'gang' of multiple suspects caught on CCTV footage switching between cars and motorbikes as they zoned in on their target.

'This was not a crime committed by two people, this was a group effort,' Almonte told reporters.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:00:05 AM by HamiltonIII »

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: June 14, 2019, 10:00:50 AM »

Apologize for formatting in above post. Can't fix it from phone.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: June 14, 2019, 04:52:45 PM »

Entertainingly, "David Ortiz shooting suspect says baseball legend was not his intended target."

So much for your ongoing bullshit, Piggy.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: June 14, 2019, 10:45:18 PM »

Entertainingly, "David Ortiz shooting suspect says baseball legend was not his intended target."

So much for your ongoing bullshit, Piggy.

I didn't make anything up, Joshie. Just keeping you up to date. I don't write the stories.

But I've been right the whole time.

It WAS a hit.

You may STFU.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: June 14, 2019, 10:46:50 PM »

From Yahoo: "It wasn't supposed to be David," he said, his words translated from Spanish. He further explained he was confused by Ortiz' clothing.

Late Thursday, police in the Dominican Republic arrested three more people in connection with the shooting, bringing the number of people in custody to nine. At least one more person is being sought.

CNN reported Friday afternoon that authorities in the Dominican Republic disputed the report, saying Cruz had admitted to them that Ortiz was the target of the attack. Instead, they speculated he had changed his story because he feared retribution from Ortiz fans inside the jail.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: June 14, 2019, 11:03:13 PM »

Coming back from 1 down is far easier than coming back from 5 down.

I wouldn't mind if we didn't start down at all, except that our record when down might be better than our record when starting ahead.

I suppose I could look it up.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 15, 2019, 09:55:12 AM »

Do, you want your team to have a head start?  Amazing!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: June 15, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »

poor troll is probably stiil upset his team had a 5-run "head start" last night and pissed it away.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:46:07 AM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 469