Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43523 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2022, 08:09:24 AM »

So....

Biden administration is actually holding back already funded weaponry from Ukraine?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2022, 09:56:15 AM »

So....

Biden administration is actually holding back already funded weaponry from Ukraine?

I would like you to do us a favor
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2022, 09:56:42 AM »

It is true that China's state run banks backed off some letters of credit.

But Beijing is trying to have it both ways.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/25/business/wheat-russia-china-intl-hnk/index.html

They are undoing restrictions on Russian wheat imports.

It's the petro market that Russia cannot afford to lose. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2022, 09:57:03 AM »

So....

I would like you to do us a favor

Me too.

Holly Martins

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2022, 10:03:24 AM »

The people of Ukraine are going to fight to the death.
Ridiculous idea.
They should've surrendered on the first day.
With the world just watching them get massacred, they're never going to win.
Thank you for your input Marshal Petain.

Surely you don't believe Ukraine can beat Russia.
Stop calling me Shirley.

Viva la resistance.

All that will do is get all the men 18-60 who are being prevented from leaving Ukraine and being forced to fight Russia...slaughtered.

Says Bambi, concerned about loss of life, seven posts after he said "crank up the nukes."

You do understand when nukes are used, it means millions or billions of noncombatant lives lost and a global ecological catastrophe that will make the living envy the dead, right?   

Holly Martins

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2022, 10:32:19 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/2/25/2082461/-I-m-not-usually-impressed-by-Tom-Friedman-but-he-may-have-a-point-or-two-about-Ukraine-and-Russia

Friedman indeed makes points worth making.  And I enjoyed the Isaac Asimov reference. 

One wonders what the lifespan of a kleptocracy can be, in a world that's as connected as Friedman reminds us it is.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2022, 11:38:59 AM »

I remember the USSR from when I was a kid, it was horrible, we had to worry about nuclear war, and the Soviets created problems in Cuba and in Latin America, Reagan hated the Soviets, then the USSR finally collapsed and on my birthday, November 9th, 1989, the Berlin Wall came down. Then in 1991 Pantera played in Moscow and the Cold War was over.

The People of Europe hated the USSR, and even the Russians hated it. There is a guy on You Tube called "The Crazy Russian Hacker" and he talks about how hard it was in Russia in the old days, even the Russians hated the USSR.

Putin is insane, and we need to remind the Russians how horrible life was under the USSR. Putin has fond memories of total bullshit, and we need to remind the Russians that the USSR was all bullshit and Putin is insane.

As we broadcast Rock and Roll radio to the Russians and stuff then we need to constantly remind them of how horrible it was under the USSR, and how much better life has become after the USSR crumbled. The old men need to tell the stories to the young people about how horrible the USSR was. We need to make sure that everyone understands that Putin is insane and the USSR was bullshit.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 11:40:54 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2022, 11:52:55 AM »

Here is a link for The Crazy Russian Hacker, maybe he can help to talk some sense into the people of Russia, the people of Russia need to stop Putin.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyRussianHacker

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2022, 12:33:33 PM »

Ridiculous idea.

Stop calling me Shirley.

Viva la resistance.

All that will do is get all the men 18-60 who are being prevented from leaving Ukraine and being forced to fight Russia...slaughtered.

Says Bambi, concerned about loss of life, seven posts after he said "crank up the nukes."

You do understand when nukes are used, it means millions or billions of noncombatant lives lost and a global ecological catastrophe that will make the living envy the dead, right?

I do.
But, if the good guys don't have their nukes ready to fire, and the bad guys know that, the bad guys will keep right on doing what they're doing now.

Trump warned NK that it would cease to exist if it attacked the US or any of its allies.
NK stopped firing missiles around.
As soon as Trump left and Biden arrived NK raised its head again and as expected has joined up with China and is talking tough again.
Maybe if Russians think they're going to cease to exist they might just rid themselves of Putin, one way or another.
Maybe if Chinese think they're all going to cease to exist they might just rid themselves of Xi, one way or another, or at least make him stop threatening war.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:35:06 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2022, 12:43:24 PM »

We are going to make it to where no one can use nukes. We are working on missile defense, and we also have new technology which allows us to see nukes from space, as well as at our ports and entries. We are working to stop nuclear missiles, and we are working to stop all forms of transporting nukes without us seeing the nukes.

People are going to have to learn to use diplomacy, and other solutions, nuclear war needs be removed as an option.

And I support removing the bad apples, and keeping problems small. That is what the CIA is all about.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2022, 12:54:57 PM »

We are going to make it to where no one can use nukes. We are working on missile defense, and we also have new technology which allows us to see nukes from space, as well as at our ports and entries. We are working to stop nuclear missiles, and we are working to stop all forms of transporting nukes without us seeing the nukes.

People are going to have to learn to use diplomacy, and other solutions, nuclear war needs be removed as an option.

And I support removing the bad apples, and keeping problems small. That is what the CIA is all about.

Salute,

Tony V.

Russia, yes Russia, they keep electing and loving Putin, so It's all their fault.....rejected diplomacy and invaded Ukraine, and will invade all of Europe while threatening dire consequences for anyone trying to stop it....if the good guys don't have missiles ready to fire at Moscow.
Maybe the CIA could bump off Putin...in a 'surgical strike'.
What about some poison, that seems popular in Russia.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 03:29:47 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2022, 01:01:39 PM »

Ridiculous idea.

Stop calling me Shirley.

Viva la resistance.

I do.
But, if the good guys don't have their nukes ready to fire, and the bad guys know that, the bad guys will keep right on doing what they're doing now.

Trump warned NK that it would cease to exist if it attacked the US or any of its allies.
NK stopped firing missiles around.
As soon as Trump left and Biden arrived NK raised its head again and as expected has joined up with China and is talking tough again.
Maybe if Russians think they're going to cease to exist they might just rid themselves of Putin, one way or another.
Maybe if Chinese think they're all going to cease to exist they might just rid themselves of Xi, one way or another, or at least make him stop threatening war.

You really don't understand the strategic concept called MAD, do you?  There are no winning sides in a nuclear exchange. 

And NK never lowered its head, it never stopped working on warheads and missiles.  The change of administration had no effect. 

And Putin is a fascist dictator.  What citizens there think about nuclear war has no clout with him.  If he wants to act like a madman to intimidate opponents and get concessions, he will do so. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2022, 01:09:07 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Russia, yes Russia, they keep electing and loving Putin, so It's all their fault.....rejected diplomacy and invaded Ukraine, and will invade all of Europe while threatening dire consequences for anyone trying to stop it....if the good guys don't have missiles ready to fire at Moscow.
Maybe the CIA could bump off Putin...in a a 'surgical strike'.
What about some poison, that seems popular in Russia.

We need to take out the bad guys, and we need to save the good people. And the CIA knows who the good people are in Russia, we need to arm the good people in Russia and bring the fighting out of the Ukraine and into Moscow instead, arm the good Russians to fight against the bad Russians, and take out the bad guys. Putin is a dead man, he will be killed shortly.

The CIA knows who to support, we need to get an internal conflict happening in Moscow, we need for the good Russians to kill the bad Russians.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2022, 03:14:00 PM »

Here is the CIA World Factbook report on Russia...

https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/russia/

The Russians depend on Germany and China a lot, and Germany is on our side, if we can get China to side with us then that would help.

Right now China is just staying out of it, it appears China just wants peace and trade.

The good Russians need to remove Putin, pull the troops out of the Ukraine, and apologize to the world.

I am reminded of the movie "Patton" when the younger General criticizes the older General for pushing for a quick victory, and Patton tells him that a lot more men would have died if they were still there fighting on that hill. A quick victory, like in the 6 Day War with Israel, is the best outcome. Putin needs to be removed quickly. People need to go into Moscow and remove Putin. The focus of the fighting needs to go to Moscow. Make Putin fight and die in his own yard. Find Russians who are on our side and arm them, and put them in charge of the new Russian government. I wish I could talk with the CIA about who we can support in Russia. The battle needs to happen in Moscow instead of in the Ukraine.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2022, 03:51:02 PM »

Yes, China wants peace and trade...and wants Taiwan and Australia.
Hard to imagine China owning the clear skies of the outback from which to guide drones (like the US is doing now).
Hard to imagine the CIA/US base at Pine Gap being replaced by a Chinese one.
Hard to imagine the US warships visiting Sydney harbour being replaced by Chinese ones...doesn't seem right somehow.

Australians are watching the world do nothing to help Ukraine, but just stand by and watch Russia just invade it.
No one in the world did anything, scared of upsetting Putin.
The world trades with China, so Taiwan and Australia are right to imagine they'll be exactly like the people in Ukraine shown on my tv last night, cowering in their homes waiting for the end...not knowing if they'll be shot dead, or tortered to death by the Russian rape squads invading hordes...while the world watches and says "Oh dear, isn't that terrible"...not wanting to offend China and lose trade.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 04:06:34 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 145