Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43618 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2022, 09:48:37 PM »

Looks like Russia is trying to blow up the plant and reactors.
If the electricity gets cut, if the plumbing gets cut...up she goes, a nuclear expert just said on my tv.
American expert.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2022, 09:59:14 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2022, 10:22:45 PM »

For the Ukrainians looking for ideas for the type of restaurant to open in Nevada, and on other parts of the USA, including in Merced, California...

The best pastrami sandwich in Orange County is at Harry's Cafe in Stanton...

Get the combo with a Dr Pepper and onion rings.

http://www.harryscafeorangecounty.com/

You can open a Harry's Cafe anywhere in the world and succeed, it is a great restaurant, and the pastrami is fantastic.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2022, 10:39:39 PM »

The Ukrainians can also open Oki Dog restaurants all around the world... They have the best pastrami hot dog...

http://www.oki-dog.com/index.html

Nevada would love Oki Dog restaurants, and so would Merced, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2022, 10:41:48 PM »

https://archive.ph/vGQht

NTY: High speed trains out of Russia for Finland are packed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2022, 01:02:33 AM »

So sad really, Putin is the new prince of darkness. Bombing nuclear plants and children hospitals turning a modern society into rubble. Killing innocents indiscriminately. Maybe taking some yachts will help.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2022, 02:22:22 AM »

The Ukrainians can also open Oki Dog restaurants all around the world... They have the best pastrami hot dog...

http://www.oki-dog.com/index.html

Also the fabulous Kiev Diner in the east Village of NYC.

Holly Martins

« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2022, 10:19:43 AM »

Sounds like the building on fire was a training facility, so the world got lucky.  Where are the military professionals in these invasion forces?  You know, officers who can point out that it's a bad idea to shoot directly at Europe's largest reactor complex, and that functioning power plants have strategic value.   

Meanwhile, I like the Japanese non-lethal assistance, it's stuff they really need in Ukraine and sometimes gets overlooked when countries are sending aid. 

It is a rare move by Japan, which has a principle of not shipping defense supplies to countries in conflict.

Bulletproof vests, helmets, tents, as well as generators, food, winter clothes and medical supplies will be delivered by Self-Defense Force aircraft.

Holly Martins

« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2022, 10:23:11 AM »

So sad really, Putin is the new prince of darkness. Bombing nuclear plants and children hospitals turning a modern society into rubble. Killing innocents indiscriminately. Maybe taking some yachts will help.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, a week ago, but we need to consider a no fly zone.  Putin is a direct and immediate threat to all Europe.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2022, 10:23:32 AM »

Pity you did not feel that way about Aleppo.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 04, 2022, 12:12:19 PM »

No thought that was a Civil war to stop ISIS, not an invasion of a modern democratic nation.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2022, 12:14:22 PM »

No thought that was a Civil war to stop ISIS, not an invasion of a modern democratic nation.

"No thought"

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2022, 12:39:25 PM »

I didn't think I'd ever say this, a week ago, but we need to consider a no fly zone.  Putin is a direct and immediate threat to all Europe.

A no fly zone means NATO shooting down Russian aircraft.

not sure we are there just yet.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2022, 01:10:33 PM »

Your ignorance of that part of the world is exceeded only by your ignorance and hatred.of the people living there.

Ever ask yourself why we, including the Trump administration, were backing the rebels in Aleppo, as modern a city as Kyiv and as historically and culturally important, if they were ISIS?  Or did you just not care?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 145