Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43542 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2022, 02:02:26 PM »

The people at the Russian Tea Room in New York City are very upset, they denounce the actions of Putin, and they send love to the people of Ukraine and they beg for peace.

The Russian Tea Room is an asset as we look for allies in Russia.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2022, 03:16:10 PM »

The people at the Russian Tea Room in New York City are very upset, they denounce the actions of Putin, and they send love to the people of Ukraine and they beg for peace.

The Russian Tea Room is an asset as we look for allies in Russia.

Salute,

Tony V.

Meanwhile vandals messed up Russia House in Kalorama DC.

The restaurant is American owned and operated and before it shut down two years ago (it was on the verge of reopening when vandalized) and had a devoted clientele

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/nw-dc-russia-house-restaurant-vandalized/65-ff73fd23-4daf-40e1-8ede-689fa2f963db
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2022, 04:15:10 PM »

We need to find good people to support in Russia against the bad people, and then remove Putin and any other bad apples, and then we need to have peace and trade with the good people who take control of Russia after Putin is removed.

And that is my global policy, we need to find good peaceful allies to support around the world, and we need to reward our allies with trade deals, etc.

We need to appeal to the best in humanity, and we need to reward and make an example of the good peaceful people who seek peaceful trade and education for their people, and the arts, and science, and health care, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2022, 05:05:42 PM »

So the West is just going to watch the slow motion destruction, massacre and takeover of Ukraine?
If NATO had any courage they'd announce that they will defend Kyiv from any attack, at the invitation of the legal gov't, while demanding that Putin's tank convoy retreat back to Belarus or it will be destroyed.  Is Putin really about to go nuclear to overthrow the Ukraine gov't?  Likely just the declaration to protect Kyiv would stop any attack.  Putin's conventional forces are no match for the US/NATO, and he knows that.
Putin's got Donbass and a land corridor to Crimea.  He can claim success and negotiate from that.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Holly Martins

« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2022, 05:20:23 PM »

This was the basis of my no fly zone question posted this morning, Bo. 

That idiotic convoy can't even move, due to a bridge out.  With NATO air support, they would be finished. 

The reason I would still hesitate to go full hawk on this is that there are millions of people dependent on Russian grain in Africa.  And other global connections where many would go hungry or freeze, if a full blown war erupted across Eurasia.  So I hope these very destructive sanctions can work and Putin can't access those cash reserves to skate through. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2022, 05:41:29 PM »

So the West is just going to watch the slow motion destruction, massacre and takeover of Ukraine?

If NATO had any courage they'd announce that they will defend Kyiv from any attack, at the invitation of the legal gov't, while demanding that Putin's tank convoy retreat back to Belarus or it will be destroyed.  Is Putin really about to go nuclear to overthrow the Ukraine gov't?  Likely just the declaration to protect Kyiv would stop any attack.  Putin's conventional forces are no match for the US/NATO, and he knows that.
Putin's got Donbass and a land corridor to Crimea.  He can claim success and negotiate from that.

Obviously, yes.

When I was having lunch yesterday, in front of the tv...30+ people in an apartment building were murdered by Russia, missile attack.
It's not the same as when the Allies fire-bombed Tokyo, nuked Japan, and bombed Dresden WW2.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2022, 06:29:14 PM »

Habitat for Humanity

1 hour

Habitat for Humanity has begun efforts to reduce the vulnerability of refugees at the Ukrainian border and meet their shelter needs in Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia. Learn more about our current activities and future plans: habitat.ngo/ULQGVR

--------

Habitat For Humanity can also help to build apartment complexes in Nevada, etc. And they need to keep it fun by bringing in fun architects and fun designers.

Salute,

Tony V.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2022, 06:43:37 PM »

Opinion | On the Stupidity of Lindsey Graham
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2022, 06:51:39 PM »

Opinion | On the Stupidity of Lindsey Graham

I agree with Graham... but I am not a US Senator so me calling for the assassination of a foreign leader is no big deal.

Lindsey has two positions: in your face or at your feet.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2022, 09:38:33 PM »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/04/lindsey-graham-assassination-putin-dumb-00014309

A bargain at a million?

If we start trying to assassinate other countries' leaders, what is to stop those countries from doing the same to our leaders?

And I don't just mean US leaders, either.

As an immediate effort, it makes sense - until you look at the ramifications.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2022, 10:05:26 PM »

Graham is not telling Americans to assassinate anyone.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2022, 10:15:54 PM »

This was the basis of my no fly zone question posted this morning, Bo. 

That idiotic convoy can't even move, due to a bridge out.  With NATO air support, they would be finished. 

The reason I would still hesitate to go full hawk on this is that there are millions of people dependent on Russian grain in Africa.  And other global connections where many would go hungry or freeze, if a full blown war erupted across Eurasia.  So I hope these very destructive sanctions can work and Putin can't access those cash reserves to skate through.

The convoy is getting chewed up by drones, eastern block A-10 warthog equivalents, and the occasional javelin. The main defect it has as a convoy is that it cannot actually go anywhere, a key element of conveying stuff. Right now Ukraine has bigger fish to fry.

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/03/russian-troops-attack-and-destroy-their-own-troops-tanks/

Accidental, induced, or mutinous? However it went down, let us hope it starts a trend.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2022, 10:57:33 PM »

If we expect Ukraine to be strong like Israel was in the 6 Day War, then we need to arm and protect Ukraine the same as Israel is armed and protected, with the Iron Dome missile defense system, and fighter planes, etc. We need to arm Ukraine like Israel if we expect for Ukraine to be strong like Israel. Iron Dome needs to protect Ukraine, while fighter jets strike Moscow. Etc. We need to take the fight to Moscow and out of the Ukraine, while Iron Dome protects Ukraine, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 145