Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43545 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #420 on: March 10, 2022, 09:39:44 AM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #421 on: March 10, 2022, 10:50:03 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 10, 2022, 03:48:07 PM »

Fix the breach
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 10, 2022, 04:58:07 PM »

Harris: 'The US is prepared to defend every inch of NATO territory'

Vice President Kamala Harris sought to reinforce cooperative ties between the United States and Poland as she met with the country

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 10, 2022, 04:59:24 PM »

Send them the planes!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2022, 05:04:26 PM »

From Russia with Death....

Youch. And not a point many are making when they talk about Kremlin assets.

In almost every image of Ukraine on TV I see the same onion-domed churches like the one outside the Kremlin.  I doubt anyone would call this a "Just War".  The Silence and complicity of the Russian Orthodox Church is sacrilegious.

It's ordered.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 10, 2022, 05:05:25 PM »

Send them the planes!

Which planes?

And why send them instead of just flying them?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2022, 05:16:08 PM »

Send them the planes!

Send them drones and SAMs
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2022, 05:18:06 PM »

From Russia with Death....

Youch. And not a point many are making when they talk about Kremlin assets.

In almost every image of Ukraine on TV I see the same onion-domed churches like the one outside the Kremlin.  I doubt anyone would call this a "Just War".  The Silence and complicity of the Russian Orthodox Church is sacrilegious.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/russian-orthodox-patriarch-kirill-has-all-but-blessed-putins-attack-on-ukraine-inviting-church-fissure-01646782103

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2022, 05:19:12 PM »

Send them the planes!

Which planes?

Because if US pilots shoot down Russian planes...

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2022, 06:08:27 PM »

Poland has generously offered mig Jets to be sent to the Ukraine through a US base in Germany the Biden adm, has declined based on fear of Putin. Planes would robably turn the balance of power and protect civilians. Putin has no place in the 21st century.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2022, 06:20:37 PM »

Biden 'personally killed Polish jet deal' despite Republican AND Democrats ramping up calls to give Ukraine combat planes to make Putin 'fearful of what WE might do'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10599749/Biden-personally-killed-Polish-jet-deal-despite-calls-Republican-Democrats.html

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2022, 06:47:40 PM »

Send them the planes!

Which planes?

Because if US pilots shoot down Russian planes...

Sorry, the pretense that it is not US shooting is thin, at best.

And it would be Polish planes and pilots - no point in sending US planes without US pilots as the Ukrainian pilots can't fly'em.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2022, 06:50:46 PM »

Putin's pretense that the hospital was being used by military folks is just that. They have no evidence and for good reason.

So... what would be "too far," given the bombing of so-called evac routs and the attack on the hospital? At what point does the US (or NATO) say, "that's it, time to fight?"

And will China join in with Putin and truly make this a World War?!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2022, 07:17:51 PM »

I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a general in China, and I am going to trust what she told me about peace with China, we need wise, peaceful old men in control of the armies.

Right now Marlon Brando would call together the heads of the families, and he would say that we are all having a problem with this guy, will anyone complain if we remove this guy?

In real life we have the United Nations, and unfortunately we have Russia as one of the 5 permanent members of the Security Council which was set up after World War 2 and we have China, Russia, England, France, and the United States on our Security Council. If China allows us to remove Putin, then that is what we need to do. And we can tell China that we respect them enough to discuss the whole situation with them about Putin and we hope that China will agree that Putin must be removed because Putin is causing too many problems in the world. We can remove Putin, and the rest of the world can do trade and live in peace, hopefully China will agree with that.

I wish I could have margaritas with my old roommate and I wish we could talk about how China feels on the issue of removing Putin.

One thing for sure, we need for old wise people to help, including Silvio Berlusconi, Juan Carlos, and Lech Walesa.

We know how England and France feel about Putin, and we have the French Foreign Legion. There is also a new Foreign Legion for Ukraine.

Time to remove Putin and to stop the damage that he is doing.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 07:19:57 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 145