Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43627 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
No Nukes Because of Ukraine
« Reply #675 on: March 29, 2022, 02:04:00 AM »

Russia would only use nuclear weapons when there is a threat to the country's existence - and not as a result of the ongoing war in Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told PBS Newshour in an interview Monday.

"Any outcome of the operation (in Ukraine), of course, is not a reason for usage of a nuclear weapon," Peskov said. "We have a security concept that very clearly states that only when there is a threat for existence of the state, in our country, we can use and we will actually use nuclear weapons to eliminate the threat for the existence of our country."

When asked about US President Joe Biden's comments calling Vladimir Putin a "butcher" and declaring the Russian President should no longer remain in power, Peskov said "it is quite alarming."

"It is personal insult," Peskov said. "Of course, it is completely unacceptable. It is not for the United States' President to decide who is going to be and who is the president of the Russian Federation."

Some context: At an address in Poland on Saturday, Biden made an improvised comment - "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power" - that caught American and international officials off-guard, sending the White House into clean-up mode over the weekend.

Civilian targets denial: In the PBS interview, Peskov denied that Russian forces had deliberately targeted civilians in Ukraine - despite Ukrainian forces, journalists, and refugees fleeing the country describing brutal bombardments striking civilian infrastructure including homes, schools, hospitals and more.

"They are not shelling houses. They are not shelling apartments. They are not shelling civil objects," Peskov said. "They are only shelling and they're aiming of military infrastructure."

The US officially declared last week that Russian forces had committed war crimes in Ukraine. The International Criminal Court in The Hague has also launched an investigation into the invasion.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #676 on: March 29, 2022, 10:22:58 AM »

Josh -

I propose we change the name of this forum to "Russia s Invasion of Elba".
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 29, 2022, 11:39:17 AM »

Josh -

With me as NATO/US refusing to do everything I could to fend off the attacks, leaving you all to deal with Kid's daily posts?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 29, 2022, 11:49:07 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-29-22/h_05b5d57fd38ef2bd90c0be7fb3481f4a

Russia says they will "drastically reduce military activity" on two fronts - Kyiv and Chernihiv.

Several hours later, a spokesman noted that this "is not a ceasefire."

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #679 on: March 29, 2022, 06:23:11 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-29-22/h_05b5d57fd38ef2bd90c0be7fb3481f4a

Russia says they will "drastically reduce military activity" on two fronts - Kyiv and Chernihiv.

Watch what they do, not what they say. The Russian leadership lies every fucking day.

They build up force on the borders for like two years and said We will not invade three days before they launched the war.

Biden is right.

They
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 29, 2022, 06:56:06 PM »

As expected, the 'Russian rape hordes' have been killing and raping;

https://www.newsweek.com/ukrainian-woman-russian-soldiers-raped-killed-husband-1692816

Ukrainians could be forgiven for turning into savage wild beasts at the sight of Russian soldiers.

Are you allowed to capture Russian soldiers and rape them in the town square...or roast them alive over a spit like pigs, then feed them to your dogs?
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: No Nukes Because of Ukraine
« Reply #681 on: March 29, 2022, 07:04:02 PM »

Russia would only use nuclear weapons when there is a threat to the country's existence - and not as a result of the ongoing war in Ukraine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told PBS Newshour in an interview Monday.

"Any outcome of the operation (in Ukraine), of course, is not a reason for usage of a nuclear weapon," Peskov said. "We have a security concept that very clearly states that only when there is a threat for existence of the state, in our country, we can use and we will actually use nuclear weapons to eliminate the threat for the existence of our country."

When asked about US President Joe Biden's comments calling Vladimir Putin a "butcher" and declaring the Russian President should no longer remain in power, Peskov said "it is quite alarming."

"It is personal insult," Peskov said. "Of course, it is completely unacceptable. It is not for the United States' President to decide who is going to be and who is the president of the Russian Federation."

Some context: At an address in Poland on Saturday, Biden made an improvised comment - "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power" - that caught American and international officials off-guard, sending the White House into clean-up mode over the weekend.

Civilian targets denial: In the PBS interview, Peskov denied that Russian forces had deliberately targeted civilians in Ukraine - despite Ukrainian forces, journalists, and refugees fleeing the country describing brutal bombardments striking civilian infrastructure including homes, schools, hospitals and more.

"They are not shelling houses. They are not shelling apartments. They are not shelling civil objects," Peskov said. "They are only shelling and they're aiming of military infrastructure."

The US officially declared last week that Russian forces had committed war crimes in Ukraine. The International Criminal Court in The Hague has also launched an investigation into the invasion.

Peskov is a liar.
I see the apartment buildings blown to bits every night on my tv news.

Oh go Joe!  many people believe Putin is a butcher.
What's alarming is Russia's cruel invasion, its slaughtering of innocent people, and bombing destruction of the country.
Even more alarming is that Peskov and his ilk think Putin should remain as President of Russia. 
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 29, 2022, 07:06:58 PM »

It is not a ceasefire, it's a reduction.
Beware, trickery could be afoot.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 29, 2022, 07:08:17 PM »

They are trying to stay out of the basement and avoid performance reviews.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 29, 2022, 07:10:42 PM »

It is not a ceasefire, it's a reduction.
Beware, trickery could be afoot.

It is an acknowledgment the Russians have failed on those fronts and are pulling back what survives before the Russian forces in those areas are further destroyed. Hit them hard while they organize their disorganized retreat.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 29, 2022, 08:10:49 PM »

They butcher you, you butcher them right back. If you butcher them sadistically enough, they might just stop butchering you.
It's fair enough in my eyes.
See Russia and the Taliban having war crimes tribunals?   LOL
Go woke, go broke.

Holly Martins

« Reply #686 on: March 29, 2022, 09:04:20 PM »

Josh -

"Putin at Elba was, I saw, able.  Tan it up!"

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 30, 2022, 12:17:18 AM »

Josh -

With me as NATO/US refusing to do everything I could to fend off the attacks, leaving you all to deal with Kid's daily posts?

They are as well planned and as successful as a Russian supply line, those daily posts.

Here is a riddle,

What do the hopes and dreams of Kid have in common with a growing number of Russian generals?

The answer has something to do with sunflowers.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 30, 2022, 08:50:46 AM »

Josh -

"Putin at Elba was, I saw, able.  Tan it up!"
Interestingly, "Lipsomal Colostrum Whirlpool" was the name of my punk band, back in my college days.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #689 on: March 30, 2022, 10:25:05 AM »

Sounds like an expensive spa treatment.  (Liposomal Colostrum Whirlpool, that is.)

Meanwhile, Russians continue to be lying shitweasels...

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-zelenskyy-roman-abramovich-kyiv-europe-ef9c28c44f94b34262fe6b7c296d58a6

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 145