Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43574 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #780 on: April 07, 2022, 01:51:45 PM »

Take down one Moscow parroting media outlet a day until the last Russian thug is out of Ukraine. Start with Fox.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 07, 2022, 02:34:59 PM »

When Putin is finished with Ukraine...maybe someone can explain to me how the US is beating Putin in Ukraine atm...Poland will be next, you watch...because Putin knows no one will go to full-on war with Russia.

Care to make a wager on that, Bambu?

No  wager.
But every night when I watch my tv news I don't see the US beating Russia in Ukraine, all I see is more destruction from Russian bombs/missiles, more dead Ukrainian civilians being buried having been tortured and murdered, and Ukrainians leaving on buses before the Russians get there.
Russia has free rein in the sky over Ukraine, and will obviously just keep bombing the whole country until there's nothing left and no people left alive.

You believe US/NATO will go full-on into war with Russia if it invades Poland the same way it has Ukraine?

Go woke, go broke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #782 on: April 07, 2022, 02:44:04 PM »

The latest package shows that the assistance for Ukraine is evolving after weeks of fighting, as the United States and its partners learn more about Moscows assault tactics and Kyivs capabilities. The Pentagon said it has committed more than $1.6 billion in security assistance since Russias invasion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/02/pentagon-300-million-ukraine-aid/

Bravo, US as well

But we knew this.  A total no briner.

What else can be done?

We can vote all the Putin loving Republicans out of office...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #783 on: April 07, 2022, 03:00:16 PM »

When Putin is finished with Ukraine...maybe someone can explain to me how the US is beating Putin in Ukraine atm...Poland will be next, you watch...because Putin knows no one will go to full-on war with Russia.

No  wager.
But every night when I watch my tv news I don't see the US beating Russia in Ukraine, all I see is more destruction from Russian bombs/missiles, more dead Ukrainian civilians being buried having been tortured and murdered, and Ukrainians leaving on buses before the Russians get there.
Russia has free rein in the sky over Ukraine, and will obviously just keep bombing the whole country until there's nothing left and no people left alive.

You believe US/NATO will go full-on into war with Russia if it invades Poland the same way it has Ukraine?

The Ukrainians have exposed the Russians for what they are a bunch of big talking assholes who are getting their asses kicked and whose actions have brought ruination to their nation...
 there will be no expansion beyond their borders. Putin wants to be a Czar and his desires will not be realized.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 07, 2022, 03:28:08 PM »

No  wager.

Yep
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 07, 2022, 03:29:01 PM »

No  wager.

The Ukrainians have exposed the Russians for what they are a bunch of big talking assholes who are getting their asses kicked and whose actions have brought ruination to their nation...
 there will be no expansion beyond their borders. Putin wants to be a Czar and his desires will not be realized.

Akin to thinking Dems are winning in the US

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #786 on: April 07, 2022, 03:44:23 PM »

No  wager.

heh

Do you think Putin is winning?

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 07, 2022, 05:53:26 PM »

No  wager.

heh

By what I keep seeing on my tv every night he is.
There was no cease fire, only more intense bombing...and "we are not bombing and killing civilians, it's Ukraine doing it to their own people and blaming us, to make us look bad."
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 07, 2022, 06:32:51 PM »

No  wager.

heh

By what I keep seeing on my tv every night he is.
There was no cease fire, only more intense bombing...and "we are not bombing and killing civilians, it's Ukraine doing it to their own people and blaming us, to make us look bad."
And yet the Ukrainian army has taken back much of the area around Kyiv, with large numbers of burnt out Russian tanks and armored vehicles, downed Russian planes and helicopters, left behind. And they still hold Mariupol despite the devastation. You may not know what winning looks like.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 07, 2022, 06:34:36 PM »

No  wager.

heh

Nobody is.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 07, 2022, 06:36:42 PM »

No  wager.

Sleepy Joe wont. Just yell and scream moral outrage, than walk it back. He wont even give the victims planes so they have a chance of fighting back.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #792 on: April 07, 2022, 06:45:36 PM »

No  wager.

heh

Nobody is.

Does that mean no one is winning between Democrats and Republicans?

Because in terms of winning in Ukraine the Russian objective is unattainable and it is losing more troops and territory than Putin could have ever imagined.

Come November there are gonna be a bunch sad faces on the Fox News set...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j4SRsGn14PI

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #793 on: April 07, 2022, 07:31:58 PM »

No  wager.

Sleepy Joe wont. Just yell and scream moral outrage, than walk it back. He wont even give the victims planes so they have a chance of fighting back.

Poland joined NATO in 1999.  We and most of Europe would honor our treaty obligations as NATO members.

Which is why Putin knows better than to go after Poland. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #794 on: April 07, 2022, 07:42:41 PM »

No  wager.

Poland joined NATO in 1999.  We and most of Europe would honor our treaty obligations as NATO members.

Which is why Putin knows better than to go after Poland.

Putin is losing terribly on the ground so now the only true objective is to literally destroy Ukraine and erase the Ukrainians. Putin is creating a generational hatred of Russia in Europe.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 145