Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43640 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #795 on: April 07, 2022, 08:35:03 PM »

Does that mean no one is winning between Democrats and Republicans?

Yep

Best nation in the world.

But you will never see it like that.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 07, 2022, 08:56:54 PM »

Senator Ernst is a hideous twit. News at 11.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #798 on: April 07, 2022, 09:29:01 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 07, 2022, 09:40:07 PM »

Does that mean no one is winning between Democrats and Republicans?

Yep

Best nation in the world.

But you will never see it like that.

The republicans lost their rearguard action to the moldy corpse of the confederacy which now must be defeated as it crimes around in the republican name.

Putin must be defeated as well and probably sooner. Meanwhile the world is benefiting by the destruction of the Russian armed forces at the expense of Ukraine. Putin can order it stopped in a reasonable short order. Nothing is stopping him just as nothing stopped him when he ordered the buildup and launch of this war.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 07, 2022, 10:14:58 PM »

Expect nothing more of you. LB.  Dick to the core.  Probably a small one at that.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 07, 2022, 10:16:17 PM »

uhhh.......

wow

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-ernst-confronts-biden-nominee-beth-geer-hideous-tweet

"I meant no disrespect."

Geer should have just said, "Yes, I wrote it and I am sorry that I did. It is not consistent with my normal mode of working with people, as you will see by looking at the rest of my tweets."

And on Ernst's comments about Trump's tweets not being a possible influence, "I am sure that former President Trump's tweets were already more than full of that sort of language at the time, but I do not attribute to him my tweet at the time.

On the other hand, Senator, I do wonder if you ever called out President Trump or others of your colleagues for such language in their public communications."

But that would not have been politic.

OTOH, Kid, "wow" seems pretty strong for "hideous."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 07, 2022, 10:17:45 PM »

Expect nothing more of you. LB.  Dick to the core.  Probably a small one at that.
You would have spelled it with an a.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 07, 2022, 10:22:03 PM »

Fac made a comment.

Larry gave it a thumb's up.

And you announce that Larry's a dick?

Too fucking funny, Kid.

And you never point out that Ward's a dick, despite his similar tone from time to time.

Or yourself.

LOL!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 07, 2022, 10:37:55 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/04/07/dmitry-peskov-kremlin-admits-significant-losses-ukraine-tsr-sot-vpx.cnn

"A huge tragedy for us," said Peskov of the deaths of Russian soldiers in the Russian-instigated conflict.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 07, 2022, 11:05:44 PM »

Fac made a comment.

Too fucking funny, Kid.

And you never point out that Ward's a dick, despite his similar tone from time to time.

Or yourself.

LOL!

Oooooo, got me there, Josh

But LB did stamp it.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #806 on: April 07, 2022, 11:06:00 PM »

From you I will take this as a compliment.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 07, 2022, 11:32:40 PM »

Fac made a comment.

Too fucking funny, Kid.

Or yourself.

LOL!

Oooooo, got me there, Josh

But LB did stamp it.

So, LB is a dick for agreeing that Ernst is a hideous twit.

But you, for calling him a dick and for calling women cunts, are just the epitome of an upstanding citizen?!

Hah!

Holly Martins

« Reply #808 on: April 08, 2022, 09:52:23 AM »

In what way is your last comment better than the TVA candidate's appraisal of Sen. Ermst?  It's confusing, because your Fox News report seemed to be supporting the call for greater civility between oppositional groups, as were you.

Holly Martins

« Reply #809 on: April 08, 2022, 09:55:29 AM »

Oops, I see this was already thoroughly answered by subsequent posts.  LoL "you would have used an A"
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 145