Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43522 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #810 on: April 08, 2022, 01:29:19 PM »

President Joe Biden

1 hour

The attack on a Ukrainian train station is yet another horrific atrocity committed by Russia, striking civilians who were trying to evacuate and reach safety.

We will continue our security assistance and weapons deliveries to help Ukraine defend their country. And, together with our allies and partners, we will support efforts to investigate this attack as we document the actions of Russia and hold them accountable.

-----------

We need to always see the big picture, and we need to find out who our allies are in Russia who we can support after Putin is removed. We need to plan for a time of peace and prosperity after Putin is removed. We need to have allies who want peace and prosperity.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 01:32:23 PM by FlyingVProd »

Holly Martins

« Reply #811 on: April 09, 2022, 10:12:00 AM »

This man cannot lose.

https://youtu.be/oua0Puihrkc

I am reminded of the slogan of Teddy Roosevelt

Walk softly and carry a big....

Holly Martins

« Reply #812 on: April 09, 2022, 11:09:37 AM »

Yep.  When I saw California Split back in the seventies, I thought it seemed like this long improv and didn't much connect (but the piccolo player bit was audacious and I admired Gould for it).  Seeing it decades later, I appreciated it more.  A lot of gambling movies don't seem real, and make me grit me teeth (not a fan of gambling), but I think Altman got it right.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 09, 2022, 11:56:15 AM »

Putin is insanely evil. He must be replaced. Everyone must learn from history. No place in the 21st century for war mongering narcissists.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #814 on: April 09, 2022, 12:13:58 PM »

Putin is insanely evil. He must be replaced. Everyone must learn from history. No place in the 21st century for war mongering narcissists.

Great!

Go get him.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 09, 2022, 01:13:33 PM »

Fox 11 Los Angeles

Yesterday

The Canadian government is under pressure to cool an overheated market after prices climbed by more than 20% last year, while rental rates have also been rising.

--------------

Canada is going to get a flood of immigrants from Ukraine and from Russia, I doubt relief is in sight for real estate prices in Canada, prices are just going to keep going up as more people flow in.

Salute,

Tony V.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 09, 2022, 01:24:26 PM »

Great!

Go get him.

This why the UN was formed. Sleepy Joe better wake up!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 09, 2022, 01:53:10 PM »

Lend-lease just unanimously passed the Senate. Ukraine is getting keys to a large part of the United States stockpile. Logistics has a couple of weeks to spin up while Congress is out of session. In the meantime, Ukraine is still unpacking new weapons and supplies including repairing and repurposing stuff Russia has abandoned.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 09, 2022, 03:34:18 PM »

It is interesting how much Putin is borrowing from Cheney and Rumsfeld. He has simply substituted Nazis for Middle Eastern Terrorists to both rally his pubic and excuse the behavior of his soldiers.

Just watch this interview on DW. It is incredible

http://youtu.be/h19HFztTScQ

Hopefully Putin and whatever follows him do not have our staying power. They definitely do not have our competence or restraint on the ground.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 09, 2022, 04:56:13 PM »

Fox 11 Los Angeles

Yesterday

The Canadian government is under pressure to cool an overheated market after prices climbed by more than 20% last year, while rental rates have also been rising.

--------------

Canada is going to get a flood of immigrants from Ukraine and from Russia, I doubt relief is in sight for real estate prices in Canada, prices are just going to keep going up as more people flow in.

Salute,

Tony V.

European countries should be made take all the refugees from Ukraine, after all it was said countries that sucked up to Russia/Putin.
Canadians should not have to suffer.
Go woke, go broke.

Holly Martins

« Reply #822 on: April 09, 2022, 07:48:14 PM »

It is interesting how much Putin is borrowing from Cheney and Rumsfeld. He has simply substituted Nazis for Middle Eastern Terrorists to both rally his pubic and excuse the behavior of his soldiers.

I wonder sometimes if Putin is rallying his Russian base or just confusing many of them to the point of paralysis.  They have no idea what to believe. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #823 on: April 09, 2022, 07:52:04 PM »

This guy is one of the good ones....

https://youtu.be/miBCm5M6yWo

I was reading his bio and learned Earl Browder was his grandpa. 

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 09, 2022, 07:57:13 PM »

Billions for defense, an accident to crazy Putin like a drone missile falling on his head would raise the prestige of the US significantly.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 145