Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43560 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #930 on: April 15, 2022, 03:45:16 AM »

Well fucked. Finished in fact. On the bottom.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 15, 2022, 11:24:19 AM »

One thing for sure - diplomacy, led by Biden, has failed - and the war escalates.

You really think Trump and his people wouldnt have got something done by now? 

heh.

2.5 more lonnnnnng years......
Trump would have sided with Putin and taken Putin's word for why he invaded and what he intended to accomplish. We would not have supplied any arms to Ukraine unless they aided Ukraine politically. There would be no coordinated NATO response because Trump would not have led one. That is what Trump would have done based on his actual documented actions as President, and his comments after. Thank God we have an internationalist President who respects alliances and can hold NATO together.

You're out to lunch on this one, friend.
In all seriousness, what has Trump ever said or done that would make anyone think he could have successfully handled Putin? Or led NATO through this? I am willing to back everything i posited with things he did and said. You? What do you think he would have done that would have had a better outcome?

If Trump were President Zelenskyy would be in exile or a Russian prison right now.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

Re: Ukraine soldier plays with fat cat
« Reply #932 on: April 15, 2022, 11:38:16 AM »

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 11:42:56 AM by Barton3.0 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 15, 2022, 01:06:27 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/15/politics/russia-us-diplomatic-note/index.html

Russia has formally protested our aid to Ukraine and threatened "unpredictable consequences" should we proceed.

They also sent a cruise missile at Kyev. I'm sure it was a coincidence. Right?

Kid, I yield the point - the conflict has escalated.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 15, 2022, 01:17:37 PM »

Seems like the choice is:

Stop sending weapons to Ukraine and I, Vlad, will reduce the country to rubble, claim the rubble heap for my empire, and then go start on the Baltics.

OR

Keep sending weapons and I will keep trying to reduce the country to rubble, etc.  Plus I will be reallly upset with you!
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 15, 2022, 01:19:05 PM »

The Russian government has just announced that the cruiser Moskva has been sent on a special mission to rid the floor of the Black Sea of Nazis.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 15, 2022, 01:27:27 PM »

Stop sending weapons to Ukraine and I, Vlad, will reduce the country to rubble, claim the rubble heap for my empire, and then go start on the Baltics.

OR

Keep sending weapons and I will keep trying to reduce the country to rubble, etc.  Plus I will be reallly upset with you!
Yeah, that "unpredictable consequences" reminded me of the scene in Life of Brian where the guy who is about to be stoned for saying Jehovah says it again, and the guard tells him he is only making it worse. "Making it worse? How can it get any worse?" Jehovah! Jehovah!"

Putin is already leveling Ukraine. He already has nukes near the Baltic states. What is he going to do, yell at us?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #937 on: April 15, 2022, 01:58:51 PM »

One thing for sure - diplomacy, led by Biden, has failed - and the war escalates.

You really think Trump and his people wouldnt have got something done by now? 

heh.

2.5 more lonnnnnng years......
Trump would have sided with Putin and taken Putin's word for why he invaded and what he intended to accomplish. We would not have supplied any arms to Ukraine unless they aided Ukraine politically. There would be no coordinated NATO response because Trump would not have led one. That is what Trump would have done based on his actual documented actions as President, and his comments after. Thank God we have an internationalist President who respects alliances and can hold NATO together.

You're out to lunch on this one, friend.
In all seriousness, what has Trump ever said or done that would make anyone think he could have successfully handled Putin? Or led NATO through this? I am willing to back everything i posited with things he did and said. You? What do you think he would have done that would have had a better outcome?

If Trump were President Zelenskyy would be in exile or a Russian prison right now.

True believer
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 15, 2022, 02:40:41 PM »

OR

The question is whether Putin will do something outside of Ukraine in response or escalate types of weapons he's using to tactical nukes.

For example, he could attack whatever we use to transport the weapons or copters. Or he could launch a missile at a NATO airbase.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 15, 2022, 02:56:27 PM »

OR

The question is whether Putin will do something outside of Ukraine in response or escalate types of weapons he's using to tactical nukes.

For example, he could attack whatever we use to transport the weapons or copters. Or he could launch a missile at a NATO airbase.

In that case it must nearly be time to start firing missiles into Russia.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 15, 2022, 03:00:54 PM »

Hopefully Putin has not lost the map with the circles on it showing which Russian cities are in range of NATO munitions at all times.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 15, 2022, 03:03:12 PM »

OR

In that case it must nearly be time to start firing missiles into Russia.

Bambu votes for thermonuclear war.

He isn't going to be alive much longer, so who cares about the future!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 15, 2022, 03:04:04 PM »

Hopefully Putin has not lost the map with the circles on it showing which Russian cities are in range of NATO munitions at all times.

Putin, if he attacks, is likely betting that we don't want the kind of war that Bambu is hoping for.

Holly Martins

« Reply #943 on: April 15, 2022, 06:02:07 PM »

Total nuclear apostrophe.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 15, 2022, 06:39:02 PM »

Total nuclear apostrophe.

We wouldn't be able to copy and past about it here at all!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 145