Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43518 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #990 on: April 18, 2022, 01:25:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/18/economy/moscow-job-losses-mayor/index.html

200,000 people losing jobs.

$41 million dollars set aside to aid those people.

If my math is not failing me, that's just over $200 per person impacted. Even granting their economy is different than ours, it's hard to see that money going very far, even without inflation more rampant than ours.

So sad. Putin is so evil and selfish. There are no winners in this war. And we are going to have poor desperate people flooding into Alaska from Russia, you can count on it, I bet the Russians come to Alaska and to other states, as well as to Canada.

And we have the desperate people from Ukraine, who will be coming to the USA and to Canada. I recommend that they come to Nevada, and Kentucky. Everyone wants to come to California, Florida, and New York, but those three are expensive, whereas Nevada and Kentucky are cheap. We can help the refugees and the homeless and the immigrants all at once, they can live in the same apartment complexes, they can go to the same doctors, and they can shop at the same grocery stores.

Housing, doctors, and grocery stores, those three are so important, and also school for the children, and college and job training for the adults, and English language classes for the adults.

We need to prepare for desperate Russian refugees, right along with the desperate Ukrainians. There are no winners in this war. Putin is wrong.

Salute,

Tony V.

You don't have to have "poor, desperate people" flooding into Alaska or any other state from Russia.
Said People should be made stay in Russia and fight Putin and Co.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 18, 2022, 01:37:12 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/18/economy/moscow-job-losses-mayor/index.html

200,000 people losing jobs.

$41 million dollars set aside to aid those people.

If my math is not failing me, that's just over $200 per person impacted. Even granting their economy is different than ours, it's hard to see that money going very far, even without inflation more rampant than ours.

So sad. Putin is so evil and selfish. There are no winners in this war. And we are going to have poor desperate people flooding into Alaska from Russia, you can count on it, I bet the Russians come to Alaska and to other states, as well as to Canada.

And we have the desperate people from Ukraine, who will be coming to the USA and to Canada. I recommend that they come to Nevada, and Kentucky. Everyone wants to come to California, Florida, and New York, but those three are expensive, whereas Nevada and Kentucky are cheap. We can help the refugees and the homeless and the immigrants all at once, they can live in the same apartment complexes, they can go to the same doctors, and they can shop at the same grocery stores.

Housing, doctors, and grocery stores, those three are so important, and also school for the children, and college and job training for the adults, and English language classes for the adults.

We need to prepare for desperate Russian refugees, right along with the desperate Ukrainians. There are no winners in this war. Putin is wrong.

Salute,

Tony V.

You don't have to have "poor, desperate people" flooding into Alaska or any other state from Russia.
Said People should be made stay in Russia and fight Putin and Co.

That you haven't been reading it doesn't mean that there aren't any. This is from March:
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/8/we-are-refugees-russians-flee-rising-authoritarianism

There are also stories from Russians who have made their way to Mexico and are at the US border.

Your empathy is duly noted: "make them stay." I continue to be glad you have no authority.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 18, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »

Ah yes, fleeing refugees...like the ones from Iraq and Afghanistan, young men fleeing to America ....and also paying people smugglers to take them to Australia where the Leftist govt welcomed them with open arms...while young Americans/C.O.W. troops etc ...Michelle Witmer died in Iraq...were sent there to fight and die to rid the world of Saddam and the Taliban.
Saddam lost, Taliban won.

Abu Ghraib and all that...must check to see how Lynndie is travelling along life's road these days.
See Saddam and the Taliban having war crimes trials? 
Lynndie and Sabrina were convicted and tossed in prison, didn't even kill anyone. That photo of Lynndie with the leash was staged you know.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 08:12:08 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 18, 2022, 08:04:23 PM »

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 18, 2022, 09:19:08 PM »

I fail to see how Putin is not winning:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61117056
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 18, 2022, 09:23:08 PM »

I fail to see how Putin is not winning:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61117056

Yes.

We understand your mental deficiencies, Bambu.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 18, 2022, 09:24:15 PM »

That photo of Lynndie with the leash was staged you know.

By Lynndie and cohort.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 18, 2022, 11:55:36 PM »

"Your mangod says the US should accept anyone. My constitution says otherwise."

I pointed out that OUR Constitution doesn't say otherwise. See below.

Then you cited part of the US Code when I said it wasn't in the Constitution, but the US Code is not the Constitution.

Yes, the government is directed to govern. Duh. So, there is code to allow them to govern.

And yes, I am the moderator, but for some reason you only bring it up when you are making stupid arguments.

This is one of them.

You can use any terms you please and play the religion card. Than there is the constitution and laws to protect the rights of actual citizens. Separation of church and state is an important right. Your mangod says the US should accept anyone. My constitution says otherwise. Makes greater sense to help rebuild these broken economies.

So much for what you know, Luee:

immigrants are protected by the U.S. Constitution. ... When it comes to key constitutional provisions like due process and equal treatment under the law, the U.S. Constitution applies to all persons - which includes both documented and undocumented immigrants - and not just U.S. citizens.

Further, the Constitution doesn't address immigration beyond some very specific and limited ways. So, no, they can't become president. Yes, the federal government is authorized to make decisions about immigration and immigrants. Also how to lose citizenship in the U.S.

But beyond that? No.

But I noticed that you have not responded to your stupid claims about nannies and drug dealers and sex traffickers wrt folks who came to the US without documentation.

Now you are bring up "broken economies" and ignoring the realities of the violence down there, persisting in your BULLSHIT about broken economies.

Sure, we broke their economies, but it is the violence and rape that they are escaping.

You think what I called you was a terrible insult?

It wasn't an insult, just an observation.

Yes, you, Luee, are full of shit.

And you cannot admit when you are wrong, which makes you that much more full of shit.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 19, 2022, 01:45:23 AM »

Hang on a minute...refugees from Russia?
Where's the war in Russia?
So they'd be 'economic refugees/immigrants' looking for a better life?
Pouring into Alaska/US...nice, and just where will they be living, working, getting treatment in hospitals etc?
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 19, 2022, 10:47:31 AM »

Pouring into Alaska/US...nice, and just where will they be living, working, getting treatment in hospitals etc?
Flight from a legitimate fear of political persecution is not dependent on an extant war in your borders, moron.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1000 on: April 19, 2022, 12:45:49 PM »

Be it ever so humble there's no place like Nome!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 19, 2022, 12:55:15 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 19, 2022, 01:35:45 PM »

Joe has been a big disappointment to me. Holding back on planes and heavy arms from the brave Ukies. Making sociopaths feel freer on big streets and welcoming southern border aliens. Not much better than the delusional Trump would have done. I would like to see a new younger face in 24.

Luee only likes white refugees, not brown ones.

Somebody fleeing a nation beccause they cannot earn is not a refugee.  Nor is one fleeing to join a gang.

But since the folks fleeing Central America and Haiti are not fleeing because of their earning potential, but for safety, they are refugees, even if neither you or Luee wants to admit it.

attaboy
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 19, 2022, 01:49:15 PM »

The hope is that Putin will come to his senses and just stop the war, but he has already crossed the line into evil and he has committed crimes against humanity, so at this point I would tell the people of Ukraine to take the fight to Putin, instead of just sitting there getting bombed and killed, the people of Ukraine need to take the fight to Putin, and they need to go kill Putin.

The women and children and old people can go to Alaska, and to Nevada, and to Kentucky, and to Canada, etc, etc, etc, while the young healthy men need to go kill Putin.

And we need to find allies in Russia who can help to kill Putin, and who can replace Putin and run Russia after Putin is removed.

Right makes might.

And at this point, even if Putin stops, he is still a war criminal who has committed crimes against humanity, and I think he needs to be held accountable. Putin crossed the line, and he needs to be held accountable.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 19, 2022, 02:00:08 PM »

Where the Russian refugees can dine on the best Eggs Benedict. Because as everyone knows, there is no place like Nome for the hollandaise.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 145