Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43476 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1050 on: April 22, 2022, 09:52:23 PM »

A retired US general was on my tv last night basically slamming NATO leaders for not giving Ukraine all the weapons it's requested.
He said that doing so, giving Ukraine all it wanted was the perfect chance to defeat Russia's military to make sure it never attacked anyone else for decades.
He seemed to take a particular swipe at Germany.

Sleepy Jo says no to planes. Might make Vlad angry to be carpet bombed to Moscow. Just rusted out junk from the 80's. What is he waiting for?

Given that he said yes to planes and Ukraine has received them, just shut the fuck up, will you, ignoramous?

LOL

Sloww goin with the military aid

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 22, 2022, 09:58:09 PM »

A retired US general was on my tv last night basically slamming NATO leaders for not giving Ukraine all the weapons it's requested.
He said that doing so, giving Ukraine all it wanted was the perfect chance to defeat Russia's military to make sure it never attacked anyone else for decades.
He seemed to take a particular swipe at Germany.

Sleepy Jo says no to planes. Might make Vlad angry to be carpet bombed to Moscow. Just rusted out junk from the 80's. What is he waiting for?

Given that he said yes to planes and Ukraine has received them, just shut the fuck up, will you, ignoramous?

LPL

Sloww goin with the military aid

Oh shut up

https://www.thebulwark.com/shame-on-those-who-defended-trumps-perfect-call/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 22, 2022, 09:59:15 PM »

The tactical acumen of Kid got him rejected from his neighborhood watch.

Kid thinks this would all have been over last week if Biden had sent in Jimmer Fredette.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 23, 2022, 01:26:48 AM »

You are slipping, Fac.  You used to be dangerous.  Now you are just a fool.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 23, 2022, 02:42:51 AM »

Here is the factor that is leading to the whole Russian invasion force getting chewed up to the point where Russia comes out of this conflict holding significantly less ground and wielding less influence than they did on Valentines day

Russian forces will advance far enough to get out of range of the goons set behind them ready to shoot if they disobey orders and not much further. This is why Russia is doing the same shit in the Donbas region as it did up north, against a more heavily armed Ukrainian defense.

Putin is having a much harder time beating Ukraine than he did taking over the republican party and right wing media. Ukrainians are not cowardly children who mistake cruelty for strength the way republicans do.

Kid, you are a dog on your way to dying like a dog. You make a good case study for how one born on third base can be tagged out rounding second.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1055 on: April 23, 2022, 09:48:43 AM »

You are slipping, Fac.  You used to be dangerous.  Now you are just a fool.

You are a Pro Putin anti democracy fool rising with the insurrectionist sedition Party.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #1056 on: April 23, 2022, 01:08:11 PM »

Unsettling loose words from a Russian commander (from Wapo)

RIGA, Latvia - A Russian commander said Friday that Moscow wants to take (full control) of eastern and southern Ukraine, in part so it could have a path to neighboring Moldova - raising fears that the nearly two-month war could spill outside of Ukrainian borders.

The comments from Rustam Minnekayev, deputy commander of Russias Central Military District, seemed to hint that the Kremlin  - which has been stymied in its bid to take over the Ukrainian capital - still wants to conquer wide swaths of its neighbors land, and potentially threaten the nations that lie beyond. They drew swift condemnation from Moldova, where residents have worried since the beginning of the war they could be next in the Kremlin crosshairs.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 23, 2022, 02:18:29 PM »

Considering Russia already has troops in and control over much of eastern Moldova, yeah, I would be worried.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 23, 2022, 04:20:26 PM »

Someone sick of Putin has wrong footed the Duma or the Duma collectively is sick of Putin.

They are projecting broader Russian aims extending beyond a cross border war into a full on expansionist blitz, raising the level of concern and thus the level of response from proximate nations and their global partners. This runs the operations already underway into better equipped and supplied opposition reducing its chances of success.

These Russian legislators, ambassadors, and spokesfolks are also aware of the sanctions taken so far and their effects. By affirming these political goals they are basically begging Germany and the EU to cut off Russian oil with the promise never to unblock the spigot.

That speaks of a desire on their part to suffer a civilizational crisis of deprivation to make Putin a war loser and bring down his regime.

That is the most negative implication for the Russian campaign of imperial expansion underway most acutely in Ukraine. I have no way of knowing how far this will tilt the scales in and among all else that is currently going on and I have no way of knowing how much this idea has been entertained and in what light by those prominent Russians now saying, sure, since we are here lets go for Moldova.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 04:22:09 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1059 on: April 23, 2022, 06:08:39 PM »

Plea deals going up the GOP ladder at DOJ

EVERY last one of the Republicans in leadership is a liar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jan-6-revelations-will-blow-roof-house-rep-jamie-raskin-says-rcna25542

June is busting out all over!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 06:19:31 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 23, 2022, 06:28:03 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/jan-6-revelations-will-blow-roof-house-rep-jamie-raskin-says-rcna25542

I will believe it when I see it.

Right now, it has about as much substance as "the Kraken."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1061 on: April 23, 2022, 09:04:56 PM »

I will believe it when I see it.

Right now, it has about as much substance as "the Kraken."

Watch this space

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 23, 2022, 09:08:13 PM »

Must not say anything critical about senile sleepy Joe? I can't wait for Kamala to take over.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 23, 2022, 09:22:39 PM »

Must not say anything critical about senile sleepy Joe? I can't wait for Kamala to take over.

You are such an asshole.

You are allowed to make critical comments about anybody you fucking well want.

But lying about their records or what has happened is frowned upon.

And as previously noted, you will hate anybody from this party. You just pretend to be open minded.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 23, 2022, 09:38:58 PM »

Six more years of continued Biden prosperity and the erasure of reaganomics, and you will live to see it.

Hang on, luee. Hang on.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 145