Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43524 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1245 on: May 28, 2022, 12:40:17 PM »

-zzzzzzz..

Are Ukraine and Joe Biden still winning?

Putin acting like a punch drunk palooka throwing haymakers... and missing.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 28, 2022, 01:47:01 PM »

-zzzzzzz..

Are Ukraine and Joe Biden still winning?
So, you root against America and for Russia. Cool to know.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1247 on: May 28, 2022, 05:40:03 PM »

The red GOP jersey never comes off, even when Kid sleeps.  He's a "never nude" like that guy on Arrested Development.  Whose name escapes me atm.

Tobias F

Holly Martins

« Reply #1248 on: May 28, 2022, 06:02:48 PM »

Umlauts still verboten.

Funke, with an umlaut u.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 28, 2022, 10:22:38 PM »

---U.S. military officials acknowledge they have spoken to Ukrainian officials repeatedly about Kyiv
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 29, 2022, 12:37:28 AM »

---U.S. military officials acknowledge they have spoken to Ukrainian officials repeatedly about Kyiv

Why is this even slightly news?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 29, 2022, 12:48:49 PM »

Cut off, ukies asking for advanced rocket launchers. Getting the runaround from sleepy Joe. Just going to rust away. Afraid of the Russian military?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 29, 2022, 01:00:50 PM »

Cut off, ukies asking for advanced rocket launchers. Getting the runaround from sleepy Joe. Just going to rust away. Afraid of the Russian military?

English, please.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 29, 2022, 04:13:46 PM »

English, this website cut off my question. I have had this issue from time to time. I type out a brilliant, response inspiring message and the second half disappears? Is it the website or my wifi?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 29, 2022, 04:19:48 PM »

Ukies=Ukrainians
Sleepy Joe=Biden

Biden resists Ukrainian demands for long-range rocket launchers
Officials in Kyiv say the weapons could help in the fight against Russia, but the White House is worried about escalating.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/18/biden-resists-ukrainian-demands-long-range-rocket-launchers-00033473

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 29, 2022, 04:40:03 PM »

It takes about a year of prep to train for operations and maintenance not to mention specific supply lines unique to those systems.

They are not asking for Migs anymore because all the Migs are already there. Reapers and Raptors are already coming online there too.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #1256 on: May 30, 2022, 10:57:26 AM »

Long-range rockets can be fired into Russia.  If we supply them, we are crossing the "existential threat" line that leads to WW3.  This is not (cough) rocket science.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 30, 2022, 01:57:12 PM »

A whole bunch of crap is already being fired into Russia, as it should at this point.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1258 on: May 30, 2022, 02:27:37 PM »

Long-range rockets can be fired into Russia.  If we supply them, we are crossing the "existential threat" line that leads to WW3.  This is not (cough) rocket science.

Russia invaded Ukraine.

Putin will not throw nukes because he is not suicidal and neither are the oligarchs.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 145