Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43567 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1425 on: October 04, 2022, 08:10:23 PM »

He fears that people IRL will realize what a prick and traitor he is and treat him accordingly.

This fear of Reds, unlike anything he posts here, is extremely well founded.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 04, 2022, 08:43:57 PM »

While you keep repeating your leading question  why risk nuclear war? 
Your lack of an answer renders you incapable of a meaningful debate.
Except of course he answered it in the part of the post you omitted.
Except, of course, he did not, he just changed the question.
Like you.
I see the concept of the term "rhetorical question" is beyond your ken.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 04, 2022, 09:04:43 PM »

Like you.
I see playing with nuclear destruction over a rhetorical question as being fucking stupid.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 04, 2022, 09:23:06 PM »

I get a little turned on when Red uses profanity.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1429 on: October 04, 2022, 10:14:42 PM »

Like you.
I see playing with nuclear destruction over a rhetorical question as being fucking stupid.

Only one threatening to throw nukes is the guy who in the process would irradiate his own country.

So Putin grabs his dick and throws up gang sign and Republicans are ready to give him everything he sought when he invaded... and before he got his ass kicked.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 05, 2022, 03:16:01 AM »

Republicans like to lay back and spread it for any very awful man. They pine to be infected, discarded, and abused. It is the only way to explain their choice of candidates domestically and their choice of heroes in the murderers row of autocratic villains from other countries for whom they swoon and drop their panties.

It is almost certain this is a result of concurrent fatal flaws in the way republicans lie to each other and raise their children.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 03:17:41 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 05, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »

Sign of the Times.

Hurricane Ravaged Florida Town Raises Ukraine Flag So Congress Will Send Aid

🤣

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 05, 2022, 11:50:59 AM »

Russia needs front line kindling fodder, Ward. Your fifth column activity will no longer do. Your dog-king, Putin demands you stop your cringy bloviating and get your subservient self to Mariupol before the Russians lose that too.

If you have any suckass republican friends, Putin says you should bring them along as well.

I did not want to pass that along, but the coms are so bad on your side it was the only way the message would ever get through.

It does not occur to some people that what is happening to Ukraine is many times worse than any hurricane because those people have already destroyed their brains in service of a dead fascist future and the end of mankind.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #1433 on: October 05, 2022, 12:38:24 PM »

George Will:

Furthermore, if Russian President Vladimir Putin s thinly veiled nuclear threats are seen to deter the Biden administration from taking the next step that military logic entails - sophisticated drones for Ukraine - there will be two terrible consequences: Putin will repeatedly make such threats, and the nuclear nonproliferation regime will unravel as other nations ruthless and reckless leaders see the practicality of nuclear weapons and build them...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/05/ukraine-war-aid-us-drones-needed/

Me:  Putin uses his tactical nukes as weapons of intimidation (he knows that actual use as weapons would send radioactive dust into Russia as well as Ukraine).  The best way to defuse a weapon of intimidation...is to not be intimidated.  And, as signatories of NATO, and a nation seen as providing leadership in that organization, it is our duty not to be intimidated. 

Here's the PW-free screenshot of the George Will column....

https://archive.ph/gtrbu

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 05, 2022, 12:46:19 PM »

Sign of the Times.

🤣

Hurricane ravaged Florida residents should not have to beg for aid...the aid should be automatic.
Military aircraft flying the American flag should be arriving to take Florida residents affected to safety interstate, good food, good medical, good accomm in good tent cities erected immediately the hurricane struck.
My former no1 radio host championed a 'National Disaster Fund', into which govts would deposit funds on a regular basis so that when disaster struck there would be no delay in helping victims.
The politicians just ignored his idea.
They also ignored his 'Watering Australia' idea that would ensure there was enough water everywhere in case of drought.

Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 05, 2022, 01:15:12 PM »

George Will:

Furthermore, if Russian President Vladimir Putin s thinly veiled nuclear threats are seen to deter the Biden administration from taking the next step that military logic entails - sophisticated drones for Ukraine - there will be two terrible consequences: Putin will repeatedly make such threats, and the nuclear nonproliferation regime will unravel as other nations ruthless and reckless leaders see the practicality of nuclear weapons and build them...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/05/ukraine-war-aid-us-drones-needed/

Me:  Putin uses his tactical nukes as weapons of intimidation (he knows that actual use as weapons would send radioactive dust into Russia as well as Ukraine).  The best way to defuse a weapon of intimidation...is to not be intimidated.  And, as signatories of NATO, and a nation seen as providing leadership in that organization, it is our duty not to be intimidated. 

Stepping up your reading past The Guardian is healthy for you.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 05, 2022, 02:06:59 PM »

Sign of the Times.

🤣

Hurricane ravaged Florida residents should not have to beg for aid...the aid should be automatic.
They do not. Federal disaster relief aid has  even flowing there already, with more to come. Whatever allegedly satiric web site RedDickJimmEspn pulled that from is ignoring the facts. Notably in the 8mmediate.aftermath of Ian Congress authorized more aid and EVERY SINGLE REPUBILICAN FROM FLORIDA VOTED AGAINST IT.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 05, 2022, 03:18:08 PM »

Sign of the Times.

🤣

They do not. Federal disaster relief aid has  even flowing there already, with more to come. Whatever allegedly satiric web site RedDickJimmEspn pulled that from is ignoring the facts. Notably in the 8mmediate.aftermath of Ian Congress authorized more aid and EVERY SINGLE REPUBILICAN FROM FLORIDA VOTED AGAINST IT.
Nice distortion.
The bill passed was a stop gap funding bill for the entire Government which included IAN disaster  relief.
The Florida republicans asked for a separate funding bill TARGETED to relief from the hurricane.
I can see why you are confused.

Holly Martins

« Reply #1438 on: October 05, 2022, 03:38:49 PM »

George Will:

You seem confused. 

I read ApNews and NPR daily, and WaPo.  Guardian once/week.  The column was in WaPo.

Will is a conservative, making the same case for supporting Ukraine that I was yesterday.   Lime also covered those points, possibly more generous with his sardines than I was.   

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 05, 2022, 04:15:06 PM »

George Will:

You seem confused. 

I read ApNews and NPR daily, and WaPo.  Guardian once/week.  The column was in WaPo.

Will is a conservative, making the same case for supporting Ukraine that I was yesterday.   Lime also covered those points, possibly more generous with his sardines than I was.
So what? Neither you nor Hairy, nor Will make a case that interfering in a border fight is worth the billions of dollars we have borrowed  (with billions more to come) plus the added stress of discussing nuclear conflict.
It is not.  In fact it is stupid and dangerous
But seeing you citing George Will is worth the laugh.
I am sure you also agree with his blistering criticism of Biden on other matters in that article.
Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 145