Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43420 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1545 on: October 12, 2022, 01:57:51 AM »

And what about all the jobs illegal immigrants...that's people who have entered the country illegally, or entered the country legally but overstayed their visas...take from Americans?
A country without "closed/sealed" borders ...is a country without border integrity.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 12, 2022, 12:29:54 PM »

That is the type of lie a conservative tells when he is trying to get his hand into your pocket.

It works on racist morons and no one else.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 12, 2022, 02:02:08 PM »

And what about all the jobs illegal immigrants...that's people who have entered the country illegally, or entered the country legally but overstayed their visas...take from Americans?
A country without "closed/sealed" borders ...is a country without border integrity.

It was proven as the immigrants came from Cuba to Florida that the immigrants create jobs as they arrive, given the right environment the immigrants will become customers, and workers, and business owners, and the economy will grow as the new immigrants arrive.

And it is important to make our immigrants legal so that they can join unions, unions help to make sure that people are paid fair and that people are treated well. And of course labor laws and minimum wage rules, and prevailing wages on government jobs, etc, and all of that helps.

The economy in Florida grew as the Cubans arrived, and Florida is a rich and beautiful state. The same thing can happen with the rest of the USA if we make our immigrants legal and make them honest workers and honest customers and honest business owners, etc. ( The same as when Reagan made our immigrants legal. )

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 02:31:07 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 12, 2022, 04:20:30 PM »

Can you kids please take this to Biden Administration or News in general.

Lets keep this space on the topic of beating the rashist imperialist fucks and the whore western traitors who try to provide them with cover.

Thanks
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 12, 2022, 04:36:40 PM »

That is the type of lie a conservative tells when he is trying to get his hand into your pocket.

Sheriff Joe's raids, and interviews with American citizens who said they would like the then-vacant jobs, proves my point.

Legal is legal ... illegal is illegal.

Cheap illegal labour is foolish to embrace...as is legal labour at below the legislated rate.
They both undermine the country's labour system.

Where did the middle class go?
Disappeared down the drain of cheap labour.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 12, 2022, 05:10:44 PM »

Lets keep this space on the topic of beating the rashist imperialist fucks and the whore western traitors who try to provide them with cover.

Thanks

One of the consequences of Putin's attack on Ukraine and as sanctions hurt Russia is that the USA is going to gain a lot of immigrants from Ukraine and from Russia, they are going to be mixed in with the homeless and with the immigrants from Mexico and from other places. Within the next couple of years the USA is going to gain millions of new immigrants from Ukraine and from Russia. So, the plight of refugees and discussion of our immigration system fits in well on all three threads, News in General, Biden, and the War in the Ukraine, all three include the issue of refugees from Ukraine and Russia who will be arriving in the USA.

And my advice is to help everyone at once, help the refugees and the homeless and the immigrants and whoever needs help all at once. They can live in the same apartment complexes, they can go to the same doctors, their children can attend the same schools, etc. We need to teach the immigrants that all people are created equal and we need to help all people equally and at the same time.

And we need to make all of our immigrants legal like Reagan did so that we can help everyone at once. And we need to fix our laws to make it easier for our immigrants to become legal, especially our good neighbors.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 05:12:48 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 12, 2022, 05:56:58 PM »

Sheriff Joe's raids, and interviews with American citizens who said they would like the then-vacant jobs, proves my point.

Legal is legal ... illegal is illegal.

Cheap illegal labour is foolish to embrace...as is legal labour at below the legislated rate.
They both undermine the country's labour system.

Where did the middle class go?
Disappeared down the drain of cheap labour.
Sherrif Joe was a fucking despicable disgrace who did nothing of real impact on immigration except raid the occasion Pei Wei for the cameras. And a sensitive immigration policy that allowed for economic migrants to work legally undwr US labor laws would resolve the issues about cheap labor. It is their undocumented status that allows employers to under pay them.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 12, 2022, 07:06:42 PM »

Does not work for Bambu. All he has left are bad genes. If that does not get him to the front of the line nothing will, so that is the hill he wants to die on.

Richard P. Feynman

Holly Martins

« Reply #1553 on: October 12, 2022, 09:12:34 PM »

Americans want their cheap food. 

Think on that when you wonder if wages and hours for agri labor will ever draw native born workers.  Our food industry is built on exploitation and factory farm hellholes.  Big Ag will go to robots before they ever sit down with a union or sign on to a humane bracero program. 

Look at garbage trucks the last ten years.  Used to be three guys, a driver, and two picker uppers slinging the trash bins.  Now it's one guy with a robot arm on the side of the truck that picks up the bins.  And you can no longer leave additional objects by the bin. If it doesn't fit in the bin, you have to take it to the dump yourself. 

We need to help reform governance and economies and land use in central America, if we're really serious about helping the refugees of today.  (I can move this to General News)

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 13, 2022, 12:06:05 AM »

Well Biden is working overtime to deny all of us cheap food.
Think on that when you wonder if wages and hours for agri labor will ever draw native born workers.  Our food industry is built on exploitation and factory farm hellholes. 
So millions of immigrants are flocking to America to work in Hellholes.?
Big Ag will go to robots before they ever sit down with a union or sign on to a humane bracero program. 
Of course.  The food industry is very competitive. There is no problem giving jobs to legal immigrants or robots. Feeding Americans is a big industry and keeping prices low is what we all expect.  Well, except for you.

Look at garbage trucks the last ten years.  Used to be three guys, a driver, and two picker uppers slinging the trash bins. 
Now it's one guy with a robot arm on the side of the truck that picks up the bins.  And you can no longer leave additional objects by the bin. If it doesn't fit in the bin, you have to take it to the dump yourself. 
And the efficiency is way better and the cost to the taxpayer less.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 12:08:33 AM by Espnthree »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 13, 2022, 12:17:36 AM »

Think on that when you wonder if wages and hours for agri labor will ever draw native born workers.  Our food industry is built on exploitation and factory farm hellholes.  Big Ag will go to robots before they ever sit down with a union or sign on to a humane bracero program. 

Look at garbage trucks the last ten years.  Used to be three guys, a driver, and two picker uppers slinging the trash bins.  Now it's one guy with a robot arm on the side of the truck that picks up the bins.  And you can no longer leave additional objects by the bin. If it doesn't fit in the bin, you have to take it to the dump yourself. 

We need to help reform governance and economies and land use in central America, if we're really serious about helping the refugees of today.  (I can move this to General News)

Exploitation and factory farm hellholes...in the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Surely not.
In bambuland there is a guest worker program for required rural labour.
Also WOOFers..."backpackers" on special 12 month work visas.
Workers On Organic Farms...WOOF.
Farmer provides the WOOFers with accommodation and meals in return for their labour...or something like that.
Most of the guest workers seem to come from South Pacfic countries.
...some from Asian countries.
The "WOOF" backpackers mostly from Britain, Ireland, and Europe.

Immigration Dept raids farms checking for illegals (visa overstayers), people on holiday visas working illegally, and deports them.
Well, they knock on the farm door politely.
And, check cab drivers etc to make sure they have the right to work in Australia.
Can't just walk in over the border.
All shown on tv program Border Security.

Multinational mrs bambu worked for was found to have a person working for them  illegally.
Big drama.
Every employee then had to produce birth certificate, marriage certificate,
certificate of citizenship, passport...whatever was applicable......to establish their right to work in Australia.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 12:28:13 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 13, 2022, 08:40:20 AM »

There is no problem giving jobs to legal immigrants or robots. Feeding Americans is a big industry and keeping prices low is what we all expect. 
Oh look! RedDickJimmEspn supports illegal immigration!
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 13, 2022, 06:02:05 PM »

I would hate to think that my cheap food was coming at the expense of people being totured in hell holes in my country.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 13, 2022, 06:20:49 PM »

I would hate to think that my cheap food was coming at the expense of people being totured in hell holes in my country.

When my family came to California to pick fruit during the Great Depression then they were grateful for the work and to be able to earn money to survive. They were happy to be able to pick fruit. ( Watch the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" about the Great Depression in California. )

Now the farm workers have the United Farm Workers Union, and the workers in Napa, etc, are living like kings, if you can live in Napa and work on a vineyard then you will be treated great. And also the workers for Sunkist live great lives. All of our wine is produced by UNION workers. Our farm workers in California have the UFW and the farm workers are treated like part of the community.

I picked strawberries with my family as a child, and we had fun, we had music playing and we all got out and picked strawberries, back then they let the whole families work in the fields in Oregon. It is not bad to get out there and pick fruit. These people who are coming from other countries are grateful to come to California and live in a garden like Merced, and Napa, and make wine and make cheese, etc. California is beautiful and our farm workers are in the United Farm Workers union and they are paid fair and they are treated well.

And we need for the farm workers to have libraries, and schools for the children, and also schools to teach the adults how to speak English, etc.

And now we are going to have people from Ukraine and Russia here picking grapes with the Mexicans, etc.

We also need people to do construction work to build housing, and we have Habitat For Humanity, etc. We need to build nice housing, with swimming pools and tennis courts, we can build nice places. And people can work growing food and making cheese, and making mustard, etc.

Also, San Francisco needs pork, they are having a pork shortage. Farmers can raise food to help to feed San Francisco, etc. And people can raise cattle in Nevada, etc. The refugees can run the butcher shops. People would love to be able to get cheaper hamburger.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 06:23:53 PM by FlyingVProd »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 15, 2022, 09:46:11 AM »

Thanks

One of the consequences of Putin's attack on Ukraine and as sanctions hurt Russia is that the USA is going to gain a lot of immigrants from Ukraine and from Russia, they are going to be mixed in with the homeless and with the immigrants from Mexico and from other places. Within the next couple of years the USA is going to gain millions of new immigrants from Ukraine and from Russia. So, the plight of refugees and discussion of our immigration system fits in well on all three threads, News in General, Biden, and the War in the Ukraine, all three include the issue of refugees from Ukraine and Russia who will be arriving in the USA.

And my advice is to help everyone at once, help the refugees and the homeless and the immigrants and whoever needs help all at once. They can live in the same apartment complexes, they can go to the same doctors, their children can attend the same schools, etc. We need to teach the immigrants that all people are created equal and we need to help all people equally and at the same time.

And we need to make all of our immigrants legal like Reagan did so that we can help everyone at once. And we need to fix our laws to make it easier for our immigrants to become legal, especially our good neighbors.

Salute,

Tony V.

I don't come to these forums often. I mainly stick to the sports forum. But when I do come over and see great posts like this I know this place is in good hands.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 145