Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43527 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1740 on: March 06, 2023, 11:09:49 AM »

The West, in particular Europe, just didn't seem to care enough, and do enough soon enough to save Ukraine:

After seven months of bitter fighting, the Ukrainian city of Bakhmut looks likely to finally fall to Russian forces in the coming days.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 09, 2023, 02:37:59 AM »

Trump says he can end the war in Ukraine in one day...if re-elected President.
He also says he can prevent WW3.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 09, 2023, 03:00:44 AM »

I really tried to like Trump. I had a friend who lived in the building when I watched the door for Suzanne Pleshette at Empire West in Hollywood, his name was Norby Walters, and he was friends with Trump, there is a picture of Trump at Norby's Oscar party "Night of 100 Stars" on the web. I liked Norby, he was a cool guy, and I tried to like Trump. And also I had a Librarian at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts who dated Donald Trump when she was a young actress in New York, she said Trump was a great guy. I really tried to like Trump. But, the whole thing with the wall and the way he bad-mouths Mexico, those of us down here by the border with Mexico love Mexico, and we love the Mexicans. If Trump would have loved Mexico, like President Reagan did, and if he would have made our immigrants legal like Reagan did, and if he expanded trade with Mexico and with Latin America like President George W. Bush wanted to do, then I could support Trump. But, I cannot support anyone who hates Mexico, and I hate walls.

Right now I am thinking that Condoleezza Rice might be our best bet for our next President. We will see who rises to the top.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 03:14:25 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 09, 2023, 03:48:19 AM »

Here are some thoughts from Condoleezza Rice on Ukraine.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/condoleezza-rice-face-the-nation-interview-vladimir-putin-wrong-ukraine/

We need for the world to come together in support of Ukraine and to continue to support Ukraine as long as it takes until we can get Putin and the Russians to stop this insanity. And I would be sending constant propaganda to the Russian people to try to get them to stop the war.

And we need to find good Russians who we can support after Putin is removed, we need to have a vision of what success would look like after we stop Putin.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 09, 2023, 10:43:41 AM »

Normally when he lies about being able to do something be gives himself a week.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 09, 2023, 04:23:39 PM »

I really tried to like Trump. I had a friend who lived in the building when I watched the door for Suzanne Pleshette at Empire West in Hollywood, his name was Norby Walters, and he was friends with Trump, there is a picture of Trump at Norby's Oscar party "Night of 100 Stars" on the web. I liked Norby, he was a cool guy, and I tried to like Trump. And also I had a Librarian at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts who dated Donald Trump when she was a young actress in New York, she said Trump was a great guy. I really tried to like Trump. But, the whole thing with the wall and the way he bad-mouths Mexico, those of us down here by the border with Mexico love Mexico, and we love the Mexicans. If Trump would have loved Mexico, like President Reagan did, and if he would have made our immigrants legal like Reagan did, and if he expanded trade with Mexico and with Latin America like President George W. Bush wanted to do, then I could support Trump. But, I cannot support anyone who hates Mexico, and I hate walls.

Right now I am thinking that Condoleezza Rice might be our best bet for our next President. We will see who rises to the top.

Salute,

Tony V.

I was the A/V manager for a company that contracted with the Grand Hyatt hotel. Ivana Trump was the GM and The Donald was the owner.

There was controversy over whom wa the bigger asshole.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 13, 2023, 02:32:00 PM »

Russia is bullying Ireland again.
Neutral Ireland (what on earth does Ireland think it's doing being neutral?)...is thinking of providing Ukraine with de-mining training.
Russia says that if Ireland provides any assistance to Ukraine then Ireland will have entered the war.
Non-NATO Ireland doesn't have a defence alliance with America.
Surely not, could be an Irish joke.
Ireland could easily find itself the next country Russia invades.
It would then find itself in exactly the same position as Ukraine, blown to bits.
If Ireland knows what's good for it it will join NATO ...  today.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 13, 2023, 06:59:09 PM »

I think you underestimate the logistics.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 13, 2023, 08:37:44 PM »

Even Hitler had no real plans to invade Ireland. Though that might have been because he and de Valera (and Hyde) were kind of chummy.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 13, 2023, 09:19:49 PM »

You mentioned a post here reminding of a Dudley Moore Peter Cook sketch...well, I find this sort of exchange capturing some of that absurdist comedic spirit.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 14, 2023, 04:25:51 PM »

Ron DeSanits is a Russian asset.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 14, 2023, 04:39:31 PM »

UN seems to be a Russian toy these days...time for the US and its allies to leave.
That way they could give to Ukraine the weapons and ammo they confiscated that were
 en route from Iran to Yemen.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 10:18:18 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 14, 2023, 06:06:23 PM »

Ron DeSanits is a Russian asset.

Yup. He is another republican dirty bomb.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 16, 2023, 06:14:18 PM »

Now Putin is quoted as saying that the only way Russia can win the war is to nuke Kyiv.

Stand by for Russia to do just that...Putin's "little nuke to destroy Kyiv"".

Russia rules the world via its ruling of the UN.
Now its claiming the Black Sea as its own.

Putin-Russia will nuke Kyiv...and what will the West do about it?
Nothing, what could it do, in reality, without starting a nuclear world war.
Best to hurry up and get Ukraine loaded up with stacks of the latest missile launchers, tanks, planes, long range missiles etc to take out those Iranian drones and destroy Russia's military.
Ukraine should be sent some 'million rounds a minute' machine guns that Brisbane grocer invented...able to shred tall buildings!
Good for killing Russian troops also.
They are the enemy, soldiers of evil [even if they're young conscripts who don't want to be there].

Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 16, 2023, 06:52:47 PM »

Putin-Russia will nuke Kyiv...

You're cute when you hyperventilate, Nostradamus. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 145