Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What will be the outcome of Russia's invasion of Ukraine?

Russia will gain eastern Ukraine territories and hold them, as it has Crimea
- 5 (45.5%)
Russia will temporarily gain eastern Ukraine territories before being forced out of them
- 2 (18.2%)
Efforts to confront the Russian forces and get them out of Ukraine will lead to Putin's escalating and attacking NATO countries directly with missiles or other destructive measures
- 0 (0%)
The NATO/World response will be so mild that Putin will go ahead and take the rest of Ukraine
- 3 (27.3%)
Today Ukraine, tomorrow Moldova and who knows where else
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 01, 2022, 01:18:43 PM

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 145

Author Topic: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine  (Read 43450 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine
« Reply #1770 on: March 24, 2023, 05:33:17 PM »

Reuters;
March 22 2023

Russians reluctantly embrace Chinese cars after Western brands depart.

#####

Well that's what happens when you go invading other countries.

Reuters:

March 22 2023

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/china-australia-defence-officials-hold-first-formal-meeting-since-2019-2023-03-22/

The talks were helpful in developing a stable relationship between their militaries, the Chinese defence ministry said, and further enhanced mutual understanding.

#####

Well that's nice, 'mutual understanding' is good to have.

Marvelous what some giant US bombers, British and American nuke subs parked in ports, and AUKUS nuke subs purchasing can do for 'mutual understanding'.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 24, 2023, 05:46:20 PM »

Good news, Bambi. Whatever plans China had for Australia have been put off till China has gotten a good start on swallowing Siberia.

That should buy you a couple of decades at least to decide how you are going to make nice with your Pacific neighbor.

My military, national security etc experts say 5 years...we'll be at war with China within 5 years.
We need allies, nuke-armed allies, parking/rotating their mighty weapons on our soil and in our ports/waters.
China, particularly its people, must be made understand that China is not going to just be allowed to waltz into Taiwan, Australia etc and take them as their own...without major opposition and millions of its people dying.
Why would China want to go to war with Australia? They want you buying their shit, you cannot do that if you are dead. They would gain nothing in a war. The "experts" are trying to scare you for their own purposes and you are a stupid, frightened, upside down little rabbit.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 24, 2023, 06:35:03 PM »

Good news, Bambi. Whatever plans China had for Australia have been put off till China has gotten a good start on swallowing Siberia.

That should buy you a couple of decades at least to decide how you are going to make nice with your Pacific neighbor.

My military, national security etc experts say 5 years...we'll be at war with China within 5 years.
We need allies, nuke-armed allies, parking/rotating their mighty weapons on our soil and in our ports/waters.
China, particularly its people, must be made understand that China is not going to just be allowed to waltz into Taiwan, Australia etc and take them as their own...without major opposition and millions of its people dying.
Why would China want to go to war with Australia? They want you buying their shit, you cannot do that if you are dead. They would gain nothing in a war. The "experts" are trying to scare you for their own purposes and you are a stupid, frightened, upside down little rabbit.

Why?
Because without powerful allies Australia could be invaded and captured by China very quickly.
Then all the uranium, gold, coal, iron ore, land, many thousnds of large working farms to feed China, etc would be China's.
Without help, it would be a "massacre"...the population enslaved
Some in the world would no doubt cheer.
I'd have to jump into the billabong and join the swagman, being a slave of China is not on my bucket list.

Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 24, 2023, 07:10:30 PM »

More bong than billabong in that post.

And you seem unfamiliar with the concept of a client state.

More likely than invasion/war is that you would become a client state the way that the Philippines under Marcos were a US client state.  Or Warsaw Pact countries, during the Soviet Era, were USSR client states.  And even that no bullets option is less likely given your western allies. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 24, 2023, 07:56:19 PM »

Why?
Because without powerful allies Australia could be invaded and captured by China very quickly.
Then all the uranium, gold, coal, iron ore, land, many thousnds of large working farms to feed China, etc would be China's.
I'd have to jump into the billabong and join the swagman, being a slave of China is not on my bucket list.
Try not to be an idiot if that is 3ven within the realm of possibility. Slaves do not buy shit and as long as the can purchase raw materials it is not worth the expenditure of blood and treasure to go to war for it. Someone wants you to have your scrotum tighten at the mention of China and it is working.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 24, 2023, 07:59:39 PM »

Why?
Try not to be an idiot if that is 3ven within the realm of possibility. Slaves do not buy shit and as long as the can purchase raw materials it is not worth the expenditure of blood and treasure to go to war for it. Someone wants you to have your scrotum tighten at the mention of China and it is working.

Yellow peril and all that

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 27, 2023, 06:22:28 AM »

1hr ago;

China has been caught sending weapons and armor to Russia

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 27, 2023, 06:24:05 AM »

Politico reporters ........ revealed that Chinese companies shipped weapons and other pieces of vital equipment to "Russian entities" via Turkey and the United Arab Emirates between June and December 2022.

#####

Well there you go.
Many people are likely not shocked.

Yesterday;

"Russia does deal to set up tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus."
Cute, then the retaliatory ones with blow up Belarus not Russia.

They could be the 'small ones' Putin is threatening to fire at Kyiv, then wherever next.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 06:35:58 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 27, 2023, 10:49:14 AM »

Politico reporters ........ revealed that Chinese companies shipped weapons and other pieces of vital equipment to "Russian entities" via Turkey and the United Arab Emirates between June and December 2022.

#####

Well there you go.
Many people are likely not shocked.

Yesterday;

"Russia does deal to set up tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus."
Cute, then the retaliatory ones with blow up Belarus not Russia.

They could be the 'small ones' Putin is threatening to fire at Kyiv, then wherever next.

It makes no difference where the nukes are based. It is a PR move designed to make folks like you wet their diapers.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 27, 2023, 12:49:03 PM »

A Buddy of mine thinks that all of the problems in the world can be solved with money. The problems with Russia, and any other problem, my friend thinks money can solve all of the problems.

Way back when the crisis first started unfolding I was sending ideas to the World Bank, the World Bank is very powerful.

And Russia is a poor nation full of starving people right now. Money is very powerful in Russia right now.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 27, 2023, 11:55:05 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 04, 2023, 12:26:43 AM »

Russia intended to halt NATO expansion.

How is that working out for you, Vlad?

https://apnews.com/article/nato-finland-ukraine-b056e7e0f12520e85ea2d81cd30eabc9

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 04, 2023, 01:13:07 PM »

Russia intended to halt NATO expansion.

How is that working out for you, Vlad?

https://apnews.com/article/nato-finland-ukraine-b056e7e0f12520e85ea2d81cd30eabc9

Yeeesssss!

Kind of makes up for the loss of Sanna Marin as PM.  But maybe a gorgeous party animal can find other ways to serve, between the raves and bacchanals. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 145