Sports > Baseball

2022 MLB Predictions

(1/6) > >>

josh:
Lots of changes ahead in MLB!

Three wild card teams, not just one or two. Two first round byes, with the other four teams in a pair of 3-game series. The team with the better record in the first round hosts all three games. The link explains both the changes and what some prior seasons would have looked like:
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/what-the-new-12-team-mlb-playoffs-will-look-like-and-how-it-would-have-looked-in-recent-years/

Who do you think will win in each division and of those who will get to miss the first round? Who will the 2022 wild cards be?
And who comes out of each round?!

Plus, of course, who do you think will win the World Series?

Any other predictions you would care to make about the season? MVPs and Cy Youngs for either or both leagues? RoY? Managers who will get fired during the season? Any records that might get broken?

Does Chris Sale look like Chris Sale when he pitches this year or will he resemble chris sale instead? Anybody going to threaten 61 homers for the season (which is still the non-steroid mark). Other thoughts?

josh:
I'm not ready to post my full predictions for the season, though I will get it done before the first game of the season.

I can say, now, that I have a hard time seeing the Red Sox winning their division as the teams are currently constituted. Not enough starting pitching and JBJ would have to return to the 2020 or 2016 versions of himself for me to see the Sox as more than a wild card team. I expect them to make the playoffs. Not sure how far they will go, but that will come as part of my bigger predictions post.

Hairy Lime:
AL SEEDS;

1. Cleveland
2. Toronto
3. Houston
4. Tampa
5..Chicago
6. Los Angeles

Chicago over Tampa
LA over Houston

Toronto over Chicago
Cleveland over LA

Cleveland over Toronto

NL SEEDS:

1. Los Angeles
2. Atlanta
3. St.Louis
4. San Francisco
5. San Diego
6. Philadelphia

St. Louis over Philly
SF over SD

LA over SF

LA over.Atlanta

WORLD SERIES

Cleveland over LA

Also predicted: crushing personal disappointment.

kidcarter8:
I have Joe Ryan as ROY in American.  Stanton as HR champ in MLB and Cole as K champ, also MLB.  Mets 5-1 to win the NL.

Wagers.  Let's see what happens.

Wont pick division winners

Playoff 12:

Met
Braves
Dodgers
Padres
Brewers
Cardinals

Yanks
Jays
White Sox