Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 624

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 201891 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2715 on: February 14, 2023, 01:42:06 AM »

White is an artificial tool of oppression.

Any religion that puts any people anointed above another is false.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: February 14, 2023, 09:53:23 AM »

Something tells me Jesus would Not  spend millions of dollars on Super Bowl ads to make fascism look benign.

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez criticizing  2023 Super Bowl ads from a non profit group called He Gets Us a movement to reintroduce people to the Jesus of the Bible and his  love and forgiveness.
Liar. The "movement" is an ad campaign. It is funded by the most reactionary, least loving and least forgiving elements of the Christian right. The "movement" funding the ads is the same "movement" that funds anti-LGBTQ movements.
The ads ask

What if we tried to love our enemies the way Jesus loved his? How would it change the tenor of our conflicts and our conversations?

AOC never explains  what the link is to fascism(if any).
In a tweet. Perhaps she trusted us to be smart enough to figure it out. I mean, not you, but us.
But she does show total ignorance of Capitalism.
Liar.
The ad cost $7 million and reached a Super Bowl audience of 113 million.
The ads cost 20 million, but who is counting. I mean, clearly not you, but otherwise.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 14, 2023, 09:58:29 AM »

The ad cost $7 million and reached a Super Bowl audience of 113 million.
Ergo the cost per  thousand people who saw it was about 62$. Well within the range of any Super Bowl ad.
But.
The spikenard ointment debate has never been the most persuasive argument in the tool box for mainstream Christianity.
Thanks to AOC running her mouth the ad will live on via YouTube, Twitter,. et al infinitum making the ad even more economical.

LOL!
Not been on Youtube much in the last eight months, I take it. Those ads are omnipresent already.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 14, 2023, 10:23:00 AM »

Woman your fine ointment, brand new and expensive...

Credit Judas for those lines in "Everything's Alright."

Credit Red for countering any opinion not of the conservative canon with a strawman.  Credit Red for calling any opinion from a woman, especially a PoC, "running her mouth." 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 14, 2023, 12:15:05 PM »

Something tells me Jesus would Not  spend millions of dollars on Super Bowl ads to make fascism look benign.

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez criticizing  2023 Super Bowl ads from a non profit group called He Gets Us
In a tweet. Perhaps she trusted us to be smart enough to figure it out. I mean, not you, but us.
You cannot explain it either. Gotcha
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 12:27:33 PM by Espnthree »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: February 14, 2023, 12:50:30 PM »

White is an artificial tool of oppression.

Any religion that puts any people anointed above another is false.

Any oppression in Africa today?
Any oppression in China/Asia today?
Any oppression in Middle East today?
Any oppression in Mexico today?
Any oppression in Central America today?
Any oppression in South America today?

"Oppression"..."prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority".

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: February 14, 2023, 01:02:56 PM »

How much rent do you charge AOC, Red?   
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: February 14, 2023, 01:39:03 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2023/02/14/church-at-the-super-bowl-football-jesus-and-fascism/

Jesus hates your fat fascist preachers, Bambi. They are all going to Hell along with all of their followers who do not wake up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: February 14, 2023, 02:57:27 PM »

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez criticizing  2023 Super Bowl ads from a non profit group called He Gets Us
Sure i can. But since you are a PROVEN LIAR, a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack and an intellectually dishonest buffoon, doing so to you is pointless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: February 14, 2023, 03:15:01 PM »

There is a new movie with Kelsey Grammer named "Jesus Revolution" which looks really good, it is about a bunch of hippies who move into a preacher's home. I will watch it when I go to visit my Mother, she loves to watch movies when I visit.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10098448/

And Bambu, Costa Rica is every bit as nice as Australia, Costa Rica is beautiful, some Spanish speaking countries are great.

And a lot of progress has been happening in Colombia for the last 30 years. And the President of Colombia attended Harvard here in the USA.

Mexico can be nice, but we are not going to make it nice by building fences, we need to take down the fence and we need to work together as a team with Mexico. And Elvis made a movie in Acapulco, and Hollywood used to love Mexico, we need to bring back the love of Mexico.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: February 14, 2023, 03:27:39 PM »

Sure i can. But since you are a PROVEN LIAR, a Comically Transparent Partisan Hack and an intellectually dishonest buffoon, doing so to you is pointless.
LOL

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: February 14, 2023, 03:54:51 PM »

Jesus would like us to expand Social Security and Medicare by properly taxing the rich.

Jesus would also like us to wrap up and close down the oil and gas industries as fast as humanly possible.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: February 14, 2023, 04:18:39 PM »

Here is a way that private people can help to improve our cities, and we can copy the procedure to clean up Mexico, etc.

Chef Bruno owns the best restaurant in Anaheim, and he has the full support of our community, and Chef Bruno feeds the poor children, etc, he feeds 5,000 meals per night to poor children.

So, here in Anaheim we had some bad, dirty, and dangerous areas, where they had cheap motels with gangs selling heroin, and there was prostitution, and human trafficking, and pimping, and domestic violence, and other problems, these were bad areas. So, Chef Bruno went in and cleaned it up, and he helped the children, and the women, and others, here is what he did...

Chef Bruno went into the bad areas, and he fed the Children, and Chef Bruno is friends with City Hall and with the Police Department, and Chef Bruno got the children and their parents out of the bad areas and into good safe housing, while he was feeding everyone. Then, after the children were moved into safe housing then the cheap motels were purchased by the City and were demolished.

So, you feed the children, and you help the families to get into safe housing, and then you buy and destroy the bad housing. And then you redevelop the areas and turn the areas from bad to good.

We all want better neighborhoods, and we want to live in a better world, and Christians believe that we need to help the children and the poor. And Chef Bruno has set a good example here in Anaheim, it has been the whole community working together to help our community, and we are transforming neighborhoods.

We also have Kiwanis International, and Kiwanis will work for free to help the children, and to make our communities better for the children.

You can buy Chef Bruno's book "The Power of Pasta" and all of the money will go towards feeding hungry children and helping communities.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 05:09:22 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: February 14, 2023, 08:40:08 PM »

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: February 14, 2023, 09:29:09 PM »

Numerical economic facts say inflation is coming down.

You are correct that Joe won.

As Joe wins so do we all.

Give up your guns, pollution and tax breaks and we will all win some more.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 624