Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 610

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 184091 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5655 on: September 27, 2023, 02:19:16 AM »

Backstage West used to have a Message Board on line where newbies could find out where the safe neighborhoods are in the Los Angeles area, but Backstage removed the forum. It would be great if Backstage could start a new Forum, it is important for actors and for people in the Entertainment Industry to be able to communicate. And lives can be saved as the young women are informed on the issue of safe housing.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: September 27, 2023, 12:58:50 PM »

The neighborhoods that they absolutely cannot afford to live in tend to be a bit safer.

NYC is working on one end of the problem. The SEC will need to step in to deal with the other,

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/sep/27/new-york-airbnb-renters-cities-law-ban-properties

Evict the housing profiteers from the real estate market. Money should never be safe in evil investments
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 01:00:25 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: September 27, 2023, 03:07:11 PM »

Some women are suing the Jail in Riverside, women have been getting raped and abused in the jail.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/legal-action-announced-after-riverside-county-correctional-deputy-accused-of-sextortion/

There is a movie named "Brubaker" with Robert Redford where he goes into prison undercover as a prisoner to see what conditions in the prison are like, and then he reveals himself as being the new warden, it is a great movie. And that is what we need right now, we need new wardens who care about the people. And we need to totally upgrade our prison system.

And we need to put the prisoners to work, we need to keep them all busy, and we need to teach them honest ways of making money when they get out of prison. They can learn how to Groom Dogs in the prisons, they can groom the dogs for the Animal Control Shelters in order to learn how to groom dogs, and then they can earn $50,000 per year honestly as a Dog Groomer when they get out of prison. We can also teach the prisoners other things. And the prisoners can do fire prevention work, etc. There are a lot of things the prisoners can do.

We need to reform our prisons, and we need new programs for the prisoners.

Suing the jails is a step in the right direction.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 03:21:07 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: September 27, 2023, 03:17:37 PM »

The Civil Rights Attorney who is suing the Riverside Jail on behalf of the abused women is a beautiful lawyer, Denisse Gastelum, and she has a great track record.

https://gastelumfirm.com/

The only way that things are going to get better is with good lawyers like Denisse forcing changes to happen at the jails and prisons.

And we are lucky to have a good honest nation where the good people are able to hire good lawyers like Denisse and go fight to improve human rights, and to fight to stop rape and corruption, etc.

We have made a lot of progress recently with busting corrupt people in our Government, and we need to keep stopping corruption, and we need to help our homeless people, and we need to reform our prisons, and we need new programs for the prisoners, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: September 27, 2023, 06:37:55 PM »

The Civil Rights Attorney who is suing the Riverside Jail on behalf of the abused women is a beautiful lawyer, Denisse Gastelum, and she has a great track record.

https://gastelumfirm.com/

The only way that things are going to get better is with good lawyers like Denisse forcing changes to happen at the jails and prisons.

And we are lucky to have a good honest nation where the good people are able to hire good lawyers like Denisse and go fight to improve human rights, and to fight to stop rape and corruption, etc.

We have made a lot of progress recently with busting corrupt people in our Government, and we need to keep stopping corruption, and we need to help our homeless people, and we need to reform our prisons, and we need new programs for the prisoners, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Well said, Tony.
There is hope that the democrat slouch to Gomorrah is being reversed.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: September 27, 2023, 08:47:33 PM »

A new train is being built between Los Angeles and Palm Springs...

https://ktla.com/news/california/passenger-train-project-from-los-angeles-to-coachella-valley-continues-to-move-forward/

Palm Springs is a nice area, where Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin lived, those guys could have lived anywhere in the world and they picked Palm Springs. Tell the refugees from Ukraine, Palm Springs is great.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: September 27, 2023, 10:18:05 PM »

I just toured Palm Springs (via Youtube).
Seems very 'touristy', great swimming pools, low-storey hotels, nice holiday destination.
Shop til you drop for souvenirs.
Large statue of Marilyn.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: September 27, 2023, 11:00:11 PM »

USSenate tells Schumer and Fetterman to shove their shorts  and hoodies  up their asses.
Thank you Peggy Noonan.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:03:06 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: September 27, 2023, 11:29:02 PM »

Seems very 'touristy', great swimming pools, low-storey hotels, nice holiday destination.
Large statue of Marilyn.

It is a shit hole, but it would be a huge step up for you.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: September 27, 2023, 11:48:12 PM »

Palm Springs is nice, it is a great area, I had family there, I remember playing putt putt Golf there as a kid, I wanted to ride the Tram but I was not able to. My Mother had an aunt who was a School Teacher in Palm Springs, and her uncle was a cop there, they loved Palm Springs.

Sonny Bono was Mayor of Palm Springs at one time, and he was also a Congressman and he wrote our Copyright Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Bono

Palm Springs is great, and the weather is fantastic in the Winter, it is hot in the Summer but great in the Winter. They swim, and they have great restaurants, and they have great Golf Courses and Country Clubs, and lots of rich and famous people live there. It is a great area.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:50:34 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: September 28, 2023, 12:23:03 AM »

bambuworld to move troops from south to the heat and humidity of the north of the country.
No degree needed to figure out why.
The invasion is getting closer.
Not too sure thousands of troops will be able to fight millions of invading troops.
Needed are nuke missiles, nuke subs, million rounds a minute machine guns.
When the millions of invasion troops start landing...the boxing kangaroo flagged subs would start firing nuke missiles into the invading country.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: September 28, 2023, 12:35:00 AM »

bambuworld to move troops from south to the heat and humidity of the north of the country.
No degree needed to figure out why.
The invasion is getting closer.
Not too sure thousands of troops will be able to fight millions of invading troops.
Needed are nuke missiles, nuke subs, million rounds a minute machine guns.
When the millions of invasion troops start landing...the boxing kangaroo flagged subs would start firing nuke missiles into the invading country.

You are safe Bambu. Like I told you a million times, I had a roommate who was the daughter of a Chinese General, she loves Malibu, we are safe, they love us. I should have married her just for the sake of peace. We can have peace. We were just friends, I never dated her, we were just roommates, but she loves America. We are safe. And Blessed are the Peacemakers.

Send the Chinese food and import solar panels and put the solar panels on your roof-tops. Send the Chinese the premium beef from Australia and they will love you. Win them over with love, and they will send you solar panels.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: September 28, 2023, 01:32:06 AM »

President Biden needs to invite the top Chinese officials to come play Golf in Palm Springs, it is time, and it is best to talk over a nice game of Golf instead of worrying about some unknown enemy. The Chinese do not have to be some mysterious people hiding in the shadows, we need to invite them to our parties and get to know them. Love is the only way we can go with the Chinese. It is time for Biden to play Golf with the Chinese in Palm Springs.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: September 28, 2023, 02:50:12 AM »

Large statue of Marilyn.

It is a shit hole, but it would be a huge step up for you.

Thanks for that...but I live in one of the nicest places in Australia. A 'hidden gem' that I knew existed but only discovered it's true charm when we downsized and moved, found it by accident really.
Took a lot of hard work, a lot of suffering bullying and harassment in the workplace, a lot of holding my tongue and 'submitting' to keep a housing loan and pay off a home.
Now I'm reaping the rewards.

Palms Springs has a history, worth a look for tourists with plenty of time to tour America.
Reminds me a bit of the 'Route 66' tour drive. If I were those promoting Route 66 I'd make it more attractive...some of the places are not open all the time.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 03:14:54 AM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: September 28, 2023, 03:12:48 AM »

President Biden needs to invite the top Chinese officials to come play Golf in Palm Springs, it is time, and it is best to talk over a nice game of Golf instead of worrying about some unknown enemy. The Chinese do not have to be some mysterious people hiding in the shadows, we need to invite them to our parties and get to know them. Love is the only way we can go with the Chinese. It is time for Biden to play Golf with the Chinese in Palm Springs.

Salute,

Tony V.

True, Xi and his military might are shown on my tv every other day...in plain view, a military Australia would have not even the slightest chance of matching.
China not interested in playing golf, only interested in invading Taiwan, claiming the South China sea as its own, ... more interested in ruling the world by force, it seems.

'Australia announced Thursday a "major restructuring" of the army featuring a new long range capacity, as it adapts to China's growing military clout in the Asia Pacific region'.

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 610