Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 674

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 248550 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6915 on: December 21, 2023, 10:48:14 AM »

On the Colorado decision, SCOTUS will need to consider this ruling which was penned by none other than Neil Gorsuch back in 2012 when he was a circuit judge on the appellate bench of the Tenth District. This ruling was cited by the Colorado Supreme Court in their ruling this week.

https://www.newsweek.com/neil-gorsuch-could-strike-death-knell-donald-trump-1853993
Nothing Gorsuch wrote in the Hassan case would be contrary to his voting to overturn the Colorado decision.
Trump is eligible under the Constitution to run.
Hassan was not.

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: December 21, 2023, 12:12:07 PM »

...a states legitimate interest in protecting the integrity and practical functioning of the political process permits it to exclude from the ballot candidates who are constitutionally prohibited from assuming office....

- Neil Gorsuch

His words.  There is a reason the Colorado court quoted him. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: December 21, 2023, 12:37:36 PM »

...a states legitimate interest in protecting the integrity and practical functioning of the political process permits it to exclude from the ballot candidates who are constitutionally prohibited from assuming office....

- Neil Gorsuch

How so?
Hassan was barred from running by the Constitution.
Trump is not.
permits it to exclude from the ballot candidates who are constitutionally prohibited from assuming office....

Yes Gorsuch said Colorado was constitutionally correct in banning Hassan.
The same cannot be said of Trump.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: December 21, 2023, 01:08:42 PM »

The same has been said of trump by multiple courts. That is why he will not be appearing on the ballot in Colorado and some of the fifteen other states in the process of erasing that shit stain from electoral politics.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: December 21, 2023, 03:48:32 PM »

There is no such thing as an illegal human being, or an unwanted child, this Holiday Season we need for the Christians to show some love for the people who need the love. We need to help the orphans and the immigrants, and the homeless. My prayers are for the people who feel unwanted this Christmas, and I hope we can become a better nation next year.

We need to make our immigrants legal to bring them out of the shadows so they can call the police in the case of an emergency, and so that they can join labor unions, and we need to let them know they matter and that we all matter in America. We need to make our immigrants legal like Reagan did, and we need to write a new immigration law which includes a Good Neighbor Policy.

And some of my favorite stars are the ones who feed the homeless during the Holidays, like Dick Van Dyke, Don Johnson, and Morgan Fairchild, there are a few stars who feed the homeless every Holiday season, may God bless them. And that is what I should be doing, I should go help to cook for the homeless this Christmas.

( And Universal Studios has given free gifts and a ticket to the park to some of the poor children in Los Angeles every year for the last 18 years on my Birthday in November, and I support that kind of stuff. )

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: December 21, 2023, 03:59:45 PM »

Daily Telegraph
Today...

Hamas leader thanks Australia in viral video

After getting the endorsement of China, Australia  has received praise from Hamas in an unverified video --- prompting a clarification from the government.

The Albanese government has once again condemned Hamas for its attack on Israelis after the terror group appeared to praise Australia's position on the conflict.

A spokesman for Foreign Minister Penny Wong said "there can be no role for Hamas in the future governance of Gaza and Gaza must not be used as a future platform for terrorism" after an unverified video featuring Hamas deputy Ghazi Hamad was circulated on social media.

In the video being shared to X, formerly Twitter, Mr Hamad appeared to thank Australia, Canada and New Zealand, saying the countries had taken the "right" steps towards "isolating the fascist Israeli government".

#####

Well there you go.
Talk about misguided.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 04:01:49 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: December 21, 2023, 04:25:46 PM »

It's not like Australia, Canada, and New Zealand haven't been joining the US in patrolling the seas to keep trade routes open, etc.

Their HMAS, HMCS, and HMNZ [His Majesty's Ships] have only just returned to their home ports from the task group patrolling in the Indian Ocean, South China Sea etc.

The task group completed multiple activities with partner nations including Canada, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Maybe the Red Sea war against Houthi terror at this time has to be fought by NATO countries joining the US.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: December 21, 2023, 05:32:20 PM »

The Saudis need to condemn the terrorism in the Red Sea, and we sent the Saudis some beautiful F-16 Fighting Falcons, and also the Saudis are into Golf now, etc, and they have Abu Dhabi and Dubai, they want peace now and money and trade.

Egypt also wants peace and trade, and they want to sell us cotton and they want tourism.

And money talks, and we are rich. The most important color is the color green when it comes to business and trade, the color of money is the only color that matters.

There are also the issues of food, shelter, education, water, etc.

And we need to fully fund the Peace Corps, and we need to support Kiwanis International, etc. And the Catholic Church can help, etc, and Pope Francis is a good Pope. And we have UNICEF and the United Nations, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 05:34:24 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: December 21, 2023, 06:45:54 PM »

It is important to teach the young people with parenting classes and we need to teach them healthy conflict resolution skills, etc. And what we teach people in school, and in jail, shows on the streets.

One time I was poor and I was living in a bad motel where lots of criminals and drug addicts and prostitutes lived, in Pasadena, California, and a man started screaming at his wife, and a domestic violence situation was unfolding, but there was a guy there who just got out of jail, and he studied healthy conflict resolution skills when he was in jail, they had a program in the jail to teach the prisoners, so this former prisoner used his new skills to prevent the domestic violence situation from happening. It turned out that what the situation was that they needed diapers for the baby but the wife spent money on cigarettes, so the husband was upset because they did not have diapers for the baby. The former prisoner diagnosed the problem, and then he went to the store and he bought diapers for the baby, and the whole situation was resolved by the new skills that a former prisoner was taught.

When we teach the students, and when we teach the prisoners, then you can see the results on the streets.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: December 21, 2023, 07:21:32 PM »

- Neil Gorsuch

How so?
Hassan was barred from running by the Constitution.
Trump is not.
permits it to exclude from the ballot candidates who are constitutionally prohibited from assuming office....

Yes Gorsuch said Colorado was constitutionally correct in banning Hassan.
The same cannot be said of Trump.

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States,shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: December 21, 2023, 09:47:49 PM »

Someone needs to plan the Oscar Parties, Elton John retired, and Norby Walters no longer does Night of 100 Stars, we need for people to plan new parties in Hollywood on Oscar Night for the stars.

I recommend having a party at the Park Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, with an outdoor party and outdoor bar at MacArthur Park, and they can have the best chefs, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and other local bands can play, the stars can all party and eat and dance and then they can sleep in the rooms at the Park Plaza Hotel.

The Cedar Street Theatre in Lancaster can help to plan and throw the party, just ask them. And the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce might be able to help. And maybe Mayor Bass can help. Certainly people can step forward to plan and throw the Oscar Parties here in Hollywood on Oscar Night.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: December 21, 2023, 10:58:43 PM »

It is important to teach the young people with parenting classes and we need to teach them healthy conflict resolution skills, etc. And what we teach people in school, and in jail, shows on the streets.

One time I was poor and I was living in a bad motel where lots of criminals and drug addicts and prostitutes lived, in Pasadena, California, and a man started screaming at his wife, and a domestic violence situation was unfolding, but there was a guy there who just got out of jail, and he studied healthy conflict resolution skills when he was in jail, they had a program in the jail to teach the prisoners, so this former prisoner used his new skills to prevent the domestic violence situation from happening. It turned out that what the situation was that they needed diapers for the baby but the wife spent money on cigarettes, so the husband was upset because they did not have diapers for the baby. The former prisoner diagnosed the problem, and then he went to the store and he bought diapers for the baby, and the whole situation was resolved by the new skills that a former prisoner was taught.

When we teach the students, and when we teach the prisoners, then you can see the results on the streets.

Salute,

Tony V.

Starting with:

"One punch can kill".

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: December 21, 2023, 11:46:01 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Starting with:

"One punch can kill".

Yes, and recently on the train a guy started a fight and he punched another man, and the man pulled out a knife and he stabbed and killed the man who punched him, and no charges were filed because it was self defense. If you punch someone, then they can pull out a knife and stab and kill you and no charges will be filed, it is all self defense. So, when someone punches someone, they need to be aware that they can be stabbed and killed legally for punching someone.

I want to have a beautiful wife who carries a gun in her purse, like my Grandmother used to do when I was a child, I was always safe because Grandma had a gun in her purse.

And I want to be able to ride in the back of a Rolls Royce like Zsa Zsa Gabor instead of riding the trains.

Trump has a plane with his name on it, some people get very wealthy in the USA and they have protection and good lives.

It is hard to be poor in the USA, and that is why we all work and study so hard to achieve success. And I am a good man, I just need a good woman to help me. I used to work for Suzanne Pleshette and it would be great to have a good girlfriend and future wife who is cool like Suzanne Pleshette was, and there is Shakira and she is single right now, I would love to date Shakira. Shakira and I could help to plan an Oscar party at the Park Plaza Hotel and at MacArthur Park on Oscar Night, with the help of the Cedar Street Theatre, and with the help of Mayor Bass, and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. And I want a woman who wants to write and produce movies and televisions shows, and who might be interested in owning Universal Studios, and maybe buying Playboy and revamping the magazine and bringing back the Playboy Channel. We will see what happens. I am a good man, and God will send me a helper, he will send me a wife, I am sure of it.

And yes, we need to teach our children to be ladies and gentlemen, they cannot just go around punching each other, and in the Entertainment Industry if you punch Spielberg then that is it and your career is over, one punch to Spielberg and you will never work again. You cannot just go around punching people.

On the issue of healthy conflict resolution skills, you can teach the subject to students for a whole semester, you can make a whole class out of it, along with teaching healthy communication, and good parenting skills, and relationship skills, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 11:53:15 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: December 22, 2023, 02:30:04 AM »

Youtube video:

"Candace Owens destroys woke audience with hard facts!"

#####

Go Candace!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: December 22, 2023, 09:40:21 AM »

Youtube video:

"Candace Owens destroys woke audience straw man with hard facts subjective opinions presented as if they were objective facts!"

#####

Go Candace!
FIFY. And I do not need to see the video to know that is accurate. "Candace Owens" was sufficient.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 674