Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 621

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 199528 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9150 on: June 21, 2024, 09:20:48 PM »

SCOTUS decision today likely guarantees a Hunter jail sentence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: June 21, 2024, 09:33:54 PM »

Is that the one where domestically violent republicans lost the right to bear arms?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: June 21, 2024, 10:08:22 PM »

Reggie Jackson speaking truth

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/21/nx-s1-5015223/baseball-reggie-jackson-racism-candid-tv

I am shocked, shocked I tell you that racism existed in the USA !
Kudos to the white teammates that stuck by Reggie so he went in to become a 14 time all star , World Series star, Mister October, and 31 year member of the Hall of Fame.
Those achievements demonstrate his dedication to meritocracy in his profession.  Something Larry you obviously care little about.
"Racism Over, White Person Declares"

Just like John Roberts
SAY what?

dick
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: June 22, 2024, 10:00:19 AM »

SkyNews scroll thru:

"UN is concerned about increasing tensions between Israel and Hezbollah".
#####

Simple solution...tell Hezbollah to stop firing rockets / missiles into Israel.
and
Tell Lebanon to stop hosting Hezbollah terrorists.

I agree. It is like telling criminals that if they cannot do the time, then do not do the crime. And people need to learn that real life is not like a movie, and real life has consequences. Also of note is that the real Veterans who experienced war are the most peaceful people who hate war, and they support the United Nations, etc. And the CIA, etc, and Israel can do better to surgically remove the bad guys instead of having all of the collateral damage, creating martyrs and sending millions of people into homelessness as refugees is not helping anyone. It is best just to remove the bad guys instead of just bombing everyone.

And we need to support the Christians in Lebanon, they need Christian peaceful hippies in Lebanon, growing cotton, etc, and making cheese, etc, fishing and canning the fish, etc.

Zelenskyy needs to come to New York City to the Russian Tea Room and he needs to ask the Russians in New York for help, and we need to elevate our allies.

On the issue of Kentucky, they are building a new movie and television studio in Kentucky, they need to show the best in humanity, and television shows about young doctors and scientists, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: June 22, 2024, 12:06:45 PM »

And breaking up marriages where the immigrant husband has a tattoo that bureaucrats decide is suspicious. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: June 22, 2024, 12:13:46 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/06/21/degrowth-climate/

WaPo continues its Murdochian metamorphosis.  Flexing the power of the free market, thousands of subscribers (including me) are pushing the unsubscribe button.  In this article, it's not the opinion so much as the distorted facts used to buttress the opinion.  Degrowth is not the enemy of innovation or better distribution of resources.
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: June 22, 2024, 02:06:36 PM »

WaPo continues its Murdochian metamorphosis.  Flexing the power of the free market, thousands of subscribers (including me) are pushing the unsubscribe button.  In this article, it's not the opinion so much as the distorted facts used to buttress the opinion.  Degrowth is not the enemy of innovation or better distribution of resources.
Barton rebrands but is still as stupid as ever.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 03:12:28 PM by jmmengel »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: June 22, 2024, 03:13:55 PM »

[/quote
Barton rebrands but is still as stupid as ever.
DickVitale ragging people for having multiple ids will never not be hilarious.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: June 22, 2024, 05:44:30 PM »

Hilarious and sad.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: June 22, 2024, 07:45:22 PM »

WaPo continues its Murdochian metamorphosis.

Can you blame the Post for wanting to get back to profitability?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: June 22, 2024, 08:10:57 PM »

Lying to rubes and mental invalids without even a nod to credibility can be profitable unless republicans get back in power and take the rest of their money away with the giveaways they have planned to benefit their billionaire overlords. You are milked mostly dry right now as befits the most ignorant hayseed in the fucked cracker factory.

Richard P. Feynman

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: June 23, 2024, 09:59:59 AM »

Lying to rubes and mental invalids without even a nod to credibility can be profitable

Yep, and what is worse than lying is omitting and/or cherry picking facts in staff editorials.  When people depend on journalists to get the whole story, chopping parts off to fit your agenda is unethical.  Even the mental valids can be deceived.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: June 23, 2024, 11:55:56 AM »

Lying to rubes and mental invalids without even a nod to credibility can be profitable

Yep, and what is worse than lying is omitting and/or cherry picking facts in staff editorials.  When people depend on journalists to get the whole story, chopping parts off to fit your agenda is unethical.  Even the mental valids can be deceived.
Do you know the purpose of an editorial?
You stupid, stupid man.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: June 23, 2024, 01:01:05 PM »

Red means to say he is still deeply threatened by anything that enhances or supports freedom in society.   

Honest editorials are near the top of his list.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: June 23, 2024, 03:47:24 PM »

I liked Fox News 25 years ago, but now it is horrible. The last time I watched Fox News they had some young half naked woman screaming her point of view at me, it was horrible, and I love young half naked women, I just do not like them to scream at me. I much prefer to watch mature adults discuss the news on PBS, or even KTLA Channel 5 Local News, and then I get my news on the web, and from you guys, etc. And here is an idea for Fox News, have the young half naked women quietly ask wise old people for their opinions, etc, and then we can learn from the wise old people while we look at the half naked women doing the interviews.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 621