Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 200882 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9330 on: June 28, 2024, 06:00:10 PM »

Trump will never understand what America is all about. And building a wall, Trump is lost. Trump does not represent America.

There is more to life than meets the eye, and some things money cannot buy. Here is a story for you about how you have to look a little under the surface to see the magic of America.

When I first moved into this apartment complex in 2006, the Bus Driver told me that this was her favorite stop. Out of all of her stops all over Orange County then this stop here in Anaheim was her favorite. It was because of the American Dream and Esperanza helping the refugees, and we had a million refugee children, and those children were poor, but they were loved, and the little girls had bows in their hair, etc. These kids were star material, these kids had great personalities. They were so poor that they had shopping carts as toys, but they were happy.

Of course we are 5 miles from Disneyland, so this was by no means a ghetto, but the people here were all refugees who were coming here for the American Dream. It was all new immigrants here in 2006 when I first moved in. Now we have gentrification and rich people, but in 2006 it was all refugees. And still this was the favorite bus stop for the Bus Driver. There was something special here, and my time here was not wasted. And I have grown with life.

We will see what God has planned.

But meanwhile, Trump will never understand what America is about. George W. Bush went to Mexico, and traveled all over Latin America, W understands what America is about, and Jeb Bush met his wife while helping to build an orphanage in Mexico, Jeb understands.

And Reagan understood when he made all of our immigrants legal so that they could join Labor Unions, and so that they could call the police in the case of an emergency, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9331 on: June 28, 2024, 06:06:23 PM »

Constitutional issues

What were the constitutional issues in Snyder?  They were interpreting a statute in US Code 18, but with reference to what part of the Constitution?
Article Two

Article II?  Presidential powers?  Sorry, I don't see the connection to Snyder v US.  It is comforting to have a constitutional scholar who can explain that for us!
Article One, my typo.
But I suspect you did not need me to tell you.
Well, maybe you did.
That Constitutional provision is not relevant to a question of statutory interpretation either.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
You can not defend your answer.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9332 on: June 28, 2024, 06:22:14 PM »

Constitutional issues

What were the constitutional issues in Snyder?  They were interpreting a statute in US Code 18, but with reference to what part of the Constitution?
Article Two

Article II?  Presidential powers?  Sorry, I don't see the connection to Snyder v US.  It is comforting to have a constitutional scholar who can explain that for us!
Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.
That Constitutional provision is not relevant to a question of statutory interpretation either.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course I can.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9333 on: June 28, 2024, 06:40:25 PM »

Sky News:
"Ben Roberts-Smith to receive King's Medal."

Great news, Australia's most decorated war hero recognised for his bravery.
A punch in the face for the 'war crimes' brigade.

F the Taliban and West-hating terrorists!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9334 on: June 28, 2024, 08:15:57 PM »

Constitutional issues

Article Two

Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course I can.
Then defend it

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9335 on: June 28, 2024, 10:11:27 PM »

Constitutional issues

Article Two

Article One, my typo.
Well, maybe you did.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course it is.
LOL. No it is not.
Of course I can.
Then defend it
I already have.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9336 on: June 28, 2024, 11:18:18 PM »

Sky News:

F ignorant regressive reactionary bigots who do not understand what the West is and why it is worth keeping.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: June 29, 2024, 07:53:21 PM »

Sky News:

F ignorant regressive reactionary bigots who do not understand what the West is and why it is worth keeping.

My message for today:

"Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war
With the Cross of Jesus going on before."

#####

Indeed.
Time to take the 'Christian' West back from the grip of those who would turn it into something else.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9338 on: June 29, 2024, 07:59:23 PM »

You catch fire within fifty feet of a church, mate. Jesus is sending you down. No amount of Hail Marys will save your ass and good works are completely beyond you.

Find a religion whos teachings you can follow. Maybe sone cannibal cult on a remote island somewhere. Oh, wait. You already watch Sky news.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9339 on: June 29, 2024, 08:18:36 PM »

Have the barbaric, torture-murdering Hamas terrorists released the hostages yet?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9340 on: June 29, 2024, 09:14:21 PM »

Have their Likud backers stepped down?

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9341 on: June 29, 2024, 09:37:45 PM »

In order to raise money to help the homeless people of San Francisco then the Navy could give old retired Aircraft Carriers to people to make into GAMBLING SHIPS to raise money to help the homeless, the money can be used to build Santorini, Greece, style housing in Battle Mountain, Nevada, with Libraries, and with swimming pools and with tennis courts, etc, for the homeless, and they can raise pigs to sell Pork to San Francisco, etc, and they can make cheese, etc, the whole operation could be funded by Gambling Ships off of the coast of San Francisco. The rich people of the Bay Area can take their Yachts out to the Gambling Ships to gamble, and the money that is raised can help the homeless people, they can have farms in Battle Mountain and they can raise pigs and they can make cheese, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9342 on: June 29, 2024, 09:47:59 PM »

Sky News:

My message for today:

"Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war
With the Cross of Jesus going on before."

#####

Indeed.
Time to take the 'Christian' West back from the grip of those who would turn it into something else.

The Pope is in the G-7 now.

Also "The Chosen" has been a huge success, and "The Jesus Revolution" was successful, so more Christian movies will be made, Beverly Holloway does the casting here in Hollywood.

Plus Mel Gibson is going to produce another movie about Jesus.

We need to train new preachers, including at the Evangelical Schools in Oregon, we need to give free school to people to become Preachers, including preachers for television like Dr Charles Stanley and Robert Schuller. And we need to support the Christians in Lebanon, etc, and we need to support Christian farms in Lebanon, etc, and fishing, and canning, etc.

We also have Giorgia Meloni who can help, and she is a good Christian, and we have the King of Spain, etc. And we need France on our team. Etc.

Cinecitta can also make Bible movies, etc, and they are also building a new film and television studio in Kentucky, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9343 on: June 30, 2024, 12:38:20 AM »

So Comcast from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, owns Universal Studios now, and the CEO of Universal is Ronald Meyer; I sent them a few great ideas just to see how they respond, sometimes they get mad because of unsolicited ideas. And like with Julie Hutchinson, I spent a day with her on my Birthday one year at a workshop in Beverly Hills, and we did a scene together from "A Life Less Ordinary" where she was my willing kidnap victim, she loved me, but then I could never speak with her again after that, they would not accept my calls, etc. I sent her some stuff in the mail, but no response.

It is hard to make connections in the Entertainment Industry, and especially with so many mentally ill people, etc, and I have my own issues including poverty. It would be a miracle if Comcast likes my post on Facebook, we will see what they do, maybe they will like it. Maybe Ronald Meyer hangs out in Malibu or something, who knows? Spielberg lives in Santa Monica.

Anyhow, I sent a post to Comcast on Facebook, we will see if they delete it, or if they like it, or if they just ignore it.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 12:39:59 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9344 on: June 30, 2024, 01:07:30 AM »

The long-planned effort to build a high-speed rail system between San Francisco and L.A. has reached a major milestone with the approval of the final environmental impact report on the line's stretch between Palmdale and Burbank.

---------

They should start building the section between Palmdale and Burbank right now, might as well go all the way to LA Union Station.

And we have the new high speed train being built between Vegas and Southern California, we need to connect that with Los Angeles, etc, and Anaheim, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 621 622 [623] 624