Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243782 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9660 on: August 09, 2024, 04:31:46 AM »

Well there you go.
One Palestinian state...not a 'two state solution'.
'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free'...the protesters chant.

I take it 'one Palestinian state' means no Jewish people allowed in said state.
Don't think the Jewish people will like that much, or at all.

Looks like Israel will have to call for 'one Jewish state' to balance the scales.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: August 09, 2024, 02:35:12 PM »

Bambu, my Father died when I was 9 years old, and I was raised by a single mother, I had a couple of wealthy step dads, but mostly we were poor, and I was skinny, and I often went hungry, I washed dogs for my Grandmother who was a Dog Groomer to help to buy food, and to help to pay the bills, etc, at 10 years old. I have went hungry, I have went homeless, I have slept on the streets, etc. I have tried to work, and study, and learn to make myself valuable, and I learned to be tough.

Life can be hard.

I need to find a good smart wife.

I support food for the poor.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: August 09, 2024, 02:36:28 PM »

Newsom wants to make being homeless a crime, I have been trying to tell all of these people how to help the homeless, and I even had dinner with the Mayor of Laguna Beach to help to teach her how to help the homeless at a formal dinner to discuss homelessness. I know how to help people.

California can have HOSTELS like in Rome, Italy, where people can take a shower and where they can sleep in a bed for $15 per night. Rome does not have homeless people all over because they can get a bed and a shower for $15.

Also we can have Sober Living Homes for $450 per month, and the Mental Health Associations and Social Workers can have VOUCHERS to give to the homeless people so that they can move into a Sober Living Home.

California can give people TAX BREAKS to operate HOSTELS and SOBER LIVING HOMES in order to inspire entrepreneurs to help the homeless people.

And we need more Psychiatrists, and Doctors, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: August 09, 2024, 03:41:01 PM »

Bambu, my Father died when I was 9 years old, and I was raised by a single mother, I had a couple of wealthy step dads, but mostly we were poor, and I was skinny, and I often went hungry, I washed dogs for my Grandmother who was a Dog Groomer to help to buy food, and to help to pay the bills, etc, at 10 years old. I have went hungry, I have went homeless, I have slept on the streets, etc. I have tried to work, and study, and learn to make myself valuable, and I learned to be tough.

Life can be hard.

I need to find a good smart wife.

I support food for the poor.

Salute,

Tony V.

You're a good man, Tony.

That dumpster full of perfectly good donuts (well perfectly good before put in it), was totally ridiculous.
If only companies would think before tossing away unused 'safe to eat' food.

Someone should explain things to state govts, Kentucky in particular, that they have a duty to ensure that residents of their states are not hungry, particularly the children.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: August 09, 2024, 04:16:48 PM »

Having suffered makes me empathetic for those who are suffering, and it makes me want to solve the problems, and ease the suffering.

And when I get rich I will help the poor and the orphans and the widows, etc.

On the issue of helping the poor, Education is the great equalizer, so with that in mind, we have people in poor villages who are walking for hours each day to carry water, so if we have the Peace Corps come in and build a Water System then those people can use the time that otherwise would have been spent to get water to study and learn instead. Instead of carrying water, the water can be piped, and they can spend that time reading books from a library and going to classes, etc. We can elevate the world. And they can study "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, and they can study "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers, etc.

Yes, the food needs to be sent to the poor people, I support that. The Olive Garden restaurant donates food for the poor. And Homeboy Industries can help to train chefs, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: August 09, 2024, 08:49:13 PM »

I hate the mentality of the people who say that the drug addicts and alcoholics need to hit rock bottom before they seek help and who use that to justify leaving all people homeless on the street, it is all bullshit, we cannot have homeless drug addicts all over our sidewalks, and many of the homeless people are orphans and abused women, etc. We need to have cheap hostels where people can get a cheap shower and a bed for $15 and they can party all they want, it is their own choice if they want to be clean and sober or not.

For the people who want to be clean and sober, then they can have Sober Living Homes where they can all be clean and sober and they can go to N/A meetings together, etc.

We need to have cheap hostels, and cheap sober living homes, for the homeless, and we can give tax breaks to the entrepreneurs in order to get them to help the homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: August 09, 2024, 10:20:51 PM »

I hate the mentality of the people who say that the drug addicts and alcoholics need to hit rock bottom before they seek help and who use that to justify leaving all people homeless on the street, it is all bullshit, we cannot have homeless drug addicts all over our sidewalks, and many of the homeless people are orphans and abused women, etc. We need to have cheap hostels where people can get a cheap shower and a bed for $15 and they can party all they want, it is their own choice if they want to be clean and sober or not.

For the people who want to be clean and sober, then they can have Sober Living Homes where they can all be clean and sober and they can go to N/A meetings together, etc.

We need to have cheap hostels, and cheap sober living homes, for the homeless, and we can give tax breaks to the entrepreneurs in order to get them to help the homeless.

Salute,

Tony V.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: August 09, 2024, 10:22:46 PM »

If someone "no visible means of support"...ie; living on the sidewalk in squalor, homeless, foodless, etc...the state govt, with help from the federal govt if needed, should be taking that person into care.
Not into a mental hospital [because what goes on in some of them is cruel and inhumane...clearly documented over time].
Into a facility where...let's call it "rehab", for want of a better term.
If abusing substances, assisted to get off them.
The movie '28 Days' starring Sandra Bullock is instructive.

Roof over their head, food, bed, shower, toiletries [no blade razors], medical treatment, etc.
Even if it has to be in tent cities.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: August 09, 2024, 10:47:59 PM »

Sophia Loren, Roy Rogers, and Lee Iacocca, all said that it is a blessing to be born poor because then you appreciate everything and are grateful.

And my dearly departed friend Lisa, who was very wealthy, she was rich from the Banana Industry in the Philippines, etc, she bought expensive houses in Anaheim, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, and Lake Forest, etc, and she filled the houses full of beds, and then she filled the houses full of homeless people, and then she cooked wonderful meals for the people in her houses, she built an out-door kitchen at one of her houses and cooked rib eye steaks and stuff for the people in her houses, she fed the people very well.

People can buy nice expensive houses with swimming pools, etc, and they can fill the houses full of bunk-beds and then they can rent out the beds for $15 per night per bed, etc. The Governments need to cooperate and help the good people as they work to help the homeless.

Lisa paid $1.2 Million dollars for a 12 bedroom house and then put 2 beds in each room, so she had 24 people living in the house, and then she cooked for them, etc, and if you charged them $450 per month, then that is over $10 thousand per month income for the house, and she had 10 houses, so she could have been making $100 thousand per month from doing charity work. You can have a hotel full of bunk beds, etc. Entrepreneurs can make money while helping the homeless, especially if they are allowed to operate tax free.

Plus we have Mental Health Associations, and Wellness Centers, and Health Care, etc. And in Laguna Beach there is the Leisure World retirement home, etc, and there could be other really nice and fun retirement homes.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: August 10, 2024, 10:59:39 PM »

The California High-Speed Rail Authority has named its new CEO to oversee the next phase of the projects development, and officials say he has worked on high-speed rail projects in France and in Spain.

https://trib.al/prrnGzm

---------

We need to hire more people in order to speed up the process of building our high speed trains.

Also, on the issue of child care, we need to give all businesses tax breaks if they provide child care for their workers. Of note, Universal Studios provides child care for their workers and is rated as a top place to work by Mothers. Universal is owned by Comcast of Pennsylvania, and creates jobs in California, and in Florida, etc, and they provide child care for their workers.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: August 11, 2024, 12:49:45 AM »

Well there you go.
One Palestinian state...not a 'two state solution'.
'From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free'...the protesters chant.

I take it 'one Palestinian state' means no Jewish people allowed in said state.
Don't think the Jewish people will like that much, or at all.

Looks like Israel will have to call for 'one Jewish state' to balance the scales.

In 2018, the Chinese government declared that there are over 44 million Christians (38 million Protestants & 6 million Catholics) in China. On the other hand, some international Christian organizations estimate that there are tens of millions more, who choose not to publicly identify as such.

-----

We need to win China over for Christ, and India, etc. We need to send Youth For Christ, and the YMCA, and the Catholic Church, etc, to China to win China over for Christ.

I had the daughter of a Chinese General as a roommate in Malibu, the Chinese love Malibu, and Muzi of China attended Harvard and so did Natalie Portman who is a Jew, they both studied Psychology at Harvard, they should work together to help to make the world a better place.

And India has an economy that is growing at 10% right now, and they can expand trade with Africa, etc.

The Peace Corps can help with Water Systems, etc, and everyone needs to study "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, and "On Becoming a Person" by Carl Rogers.

Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries can teach the world on the issue of gangs and drugs and crime.

And I like the new President of Mexico, I think she is going to do a fantastic job. In 20 years all of the Americans will want to retire to live in Mexico, and Acapulco will be amazing, etc.

The Pope is doing a great job, and Giorgia Meloni of Italy is awesome.

A new movie is being made right now about Queen Farah Pahlavi of Iran, the film might start a movement. And Mahlagha Jaberi is fighting for improved rights for the women of Iran.

The Basques can help with the fire prevention by having herds of sheep, goats, and cattle, to graze on the vegetation, and they can make Ice Cream, and Filet Mignon, etc, and cheese, etc.

And we need to hook the refugees at the Southern Border up with the Labor Unions to get jobs, and we need to make everyone legal, etc.

Also for the refugees, there is the Kiwanis Village in Victoria, British Columbia, the refugees will be safe with Kiwanis International in the forest of Canada.

Louisiana is teaching the children the 10 Commandments and that is cool, and we need to teach them the Golden Rule as well. And the Colombians are welcome in New Orleans, etc, and Shakira and Sofia Vergara can open restaurants in New Orleans, etc.

Zelenskyy needs to come to the Russian Tea Room in New York City to ask for help. The Russians in New York City are very powerful.

Peace.

And we need to support the Christians in Egypt, etc, and in Lebanon, etc.

Abu Dhabi and Dubai are rich now, and are hiring refugees as essential workers, etc.

We can support agriculture in Afghanistan and in Iraq, etc.

And Bogota, Colombia, can expand in the Entertainment Industry for Latin America, as well as the Fashion Industry, and Music, etc, and the Culinary Arts, etc. And Bogota can expand trade with New Orleans, etc.

And California and Australia can expand trade and cooperation.

Kentucky is doing great, and Mexico and the South West can send fruits and vegetables and meat, etc, to Kentucky, etc. And Kentucky can work on Education and Literacy, etc. Kentucky has a $1 Billion surplus. Lots of good things can happen in Kentucky.

And the San Miguel Corporation from the Philippines is welcome to do Business in Hollywood, California, etc, and can sell beer at all of our Baseball Stadiums all over the USA, etc. And they can produce movies and television shows in Hollywood, etc. And they can open Hostels in California, etc.

And Boeing needs a new leader who is Jewish American, and Boeing can help to protect Israel. We worked together to build Iron Dome, and we can work on other stuff together to defend Israel and to defend the USA.

Lots of good stuff can happen.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 12:53:58 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: August 11, 2024, 07:18:34 AM »

Bye Paris...hello LA.

"LA Olympics will be car-free...everyone will be travelling by public transport.
LA will be borrowing 3,000 buses from all over America."

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: August 11, 2024, 10:56:44 AM »

Bye Paris...hello LA.

"LA Olympics will be car-free...everyone will be travelling by public transport.
If you have ever been to LA you would understand how much sense that makes.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: August 11, 2024, 05:00:09 PM »

Bye Paris...hello LA.

We need to build more subways in Los Angeles, and the high speed trains will be great whenever they get built, and Richard Branson is building a high speed train between Las Vegas and Southern California that he hopes will be completed before the Olympic Games in Los Angeles. We also need to improve security on the public transportation.

And the Homeless people and the refugees from our Southern Border can help to get Los Angeles ready for the Olympics, they can be hired to do Public Landscaping, and to lay cobblestones, and to put a fresh coat of paint on Los Angeles, etc, and they can put statues in the parks, etc, and they can make water fountains, etc.

Lancaster is building a new museum for aerospace and defense, it would be great if the new museum could be completed before the Olympics.

Mayor Bass is working hard, hopefully the Olympics in Los Angeles will be great.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: August 11, 2024, 06:03:10 PM »

Bye Paris...hello LA.

I've never been there in person, but have driven thru there via Youtube, watched it in docos, read about it,

Sydney Olympics in 2000 did basically the same thing...forget about trying to use a car.
When the state govt built the Olympic Stadium in Homebush suburb they built a train line to it.
Also special bus terminals.
It worked well.
LA of course is on a much larger scale...but public transport only will work well there too.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 669