Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243608 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9735 on: August 18, 2024, 01:53:55 PM »

Thanks Bambu.

Bronfman is trying to buy Paramount, he used to own Universal, and he owns Seagrams.

And there is a lot of power in owning a movie studio, just like a newspaper has power, etc.

One way to avoid being brainwashed is to know how brainwashing works, so when you see it happening then you know what is going on. And there used to be a lot of cults, and people who are educated can avoid falling into a cult. And also, an education can give people the tools to spot and avert a race riot, etc. And we can write all of those tools into movie and television scripts, and people can learn as they watch movies and television shows. And we can write it into our poetry, etc. People can also learn from history, so we can make movies and television shows about history. And even Shakespeare has lessons to teach. And if we can change how people think and feel, then we can change how they behave.

And with this new movie about Queen Farah Pahlavi, it can change the world, movies have a lot of power.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: August 18, 2024, 09:39:11 PM »

Thanks Bambu.

Bronfman is trying to buy Paramount, he used to own Universal, and he owns Seagrams.

And there is a lot of power in owning a movie studio, just like a newspaper has power, etc.

One way to avoid being brainwashed is to know how brainwashing works, so when you see it happening then you know what is going on. And there used to be a lot of cults, and people who are educated can avoid falling into a cult. And also, an education can give people the tools to spot and avert a race riot, etc. And we can write all of those tools into movie and television scripts, and people can learn as they watch movies and television shows. And we can write it into our poetry, etc. People can also learn from history, so we can make movies and television shows about history. And even Shakespeare has lessons to teach. And if we can change how people think and feel, then we can change how they behave.

And with this new movie about Queen Farah Pahlavi, it can change the world, movies have a lot of power.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony,
Brainwashing is allegedly *everywhere* today.
Schools/teachers in my world are being accused by some media outlets, and talkback radio callers.
From "climate change" to politics...the "Indigenous Voice To Parliament" referendum last year as but one example...kids coming home from school and telling their parents, grandparents to vote " Yes".

Anything kids and adults can learn to do to avoid being brainwashed is a very good idea.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: August 18, 2024, 10:45:35 PM »

The weird have gone pro.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: August 19, 2024, 08:16:41 AM »

Thanks Bambu.

Salute,

Tony V.

Tony,
Brainwashing is allegedly *everywhere* today.
In your case, a light rinse is sufficient.
Schools/teachers in my world are being accused by some media outlets, and talkback radio callers.
From "climate change" to politics...the "Indigenous Voice To Parliament" referendum last year as but one example...kids coming home from school and telling their parents, grandparents to vote " Yes".
Well, that is how truly stupid people react to learning other people do not share their point of view. But what they think of as brainwashing is usually people just getting additional knowledge and seeing additional points of views.

Anything kids and adults can learn to do to avoid being brainwashed is a very good idea.
And of course truly atupid people like you never think of themselves as being brainwashed. They just go on line and regurgitate opinions and ideas from their number 1 radio host, and from "some media outlets, and to acknowledge radio callers".
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: August 19, 2024, 09:08:12 AM »

LOL.
Commonsense seems not very common in the leftist world downunder.
Anyone wifh even a quarter of their brain working would know that schools/teachers should be keeping students in class and not taking or allowing them to go to climate protests worked up into a frenzy and crying in the streets because they believe there's no future.

Should be teaching kids the 3 'r's
. reading
. riting
. rithmetic
 and not politics and stupid "renewables only NOW" nonsense.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: August 19, 2024, 09:16:30 AM »

Maybe encouraging thought beyond the 3 rs would allow children to avoid growing up bitter, angry, reactionary and judgmental.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: August 19, 2024, 09:42:18 AM »

Maybe encouraging thought beyond the 3 rs would allow children to avoid growing up bitter, angry, reactionary and judgmental.

One little 12 year old girl was seen on tv news report from the protest sobbing uncontrollably, to the point of who knows what damage to her mind.

"More than 29.5% of NSW school students are now below the national average."
No great surprise.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: August 19, 2024, 10:55:26 AM »

A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: August 19, 2024, 10:58:35 AM »

One little 12 year old girl was seen on tv news report from the protest sobbing uncontrollably, to the point of who knows what damage to her mind.
That is a common sense reaction to the state of the world we are leaving her.
"More than 29.5% of NSW school students are now below the national average."
No great surprise.
What is no great surprise is that you suck at math. Think about those numbers for a bit, because it looks like the NSW schools are doing GREAT.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 11:01:00 AM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: August 19, 2024, 11:35:29 AM »

Will Jussie Smollett be speaking at the DNC to thank Kamala for past support?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: August 19, 2024, 12:02:36 PM »

How come Red never talks about Trump's support of Nick Fuentes?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: August 19, 2024, 12:26:32 PM »

Will Jussie Smollett be speaking at the DNC to thank Kamala for past support?
So RedDick is it morally better to be taken in by a false claim of a crime, or to publicly call for the execution of innocent people? NYC counsel members Yusef Salaam wants to know.
A parrot bit me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: August 19, 2024, 12:28:00 PM »

Remember though:  Red is sitting this election out.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: August 19, 2024, 12:42:32 PM »

Remember though:  Red is sitting this election out.
LOL!
Only the top of the ticket. Neither choice is acceptable to me.
Why does this confuse you?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: August 19, 2024, 12:45:19 PM »

It's confusing because you support Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 669