Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 669

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 243513 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #9795 on: August 21, 2024, 06:29:58 PM »

Rich and powerful men like Rick Caruso do not need to run for office to help people, Rick can help people right now with his money and power. Just like Paul Newman and Famous Amos did, and like how Richard Branson is helping people, etc.

Kamala wants to build housing for the homeless, and we have 175,000 homeless people in California alone. Rick Caruso can help to build housing, and can help to design awesome planned communities, etc.

I have helped people even when poor, when I worked for the Burbank YMCA at a summer camp as a teen, I cleaned toilets, and then I worked my way up to washing dishes, and eventually to running the water system and replacing the electrical system, etc. The camp was like a village in the mountains of Tehachapi. We taught kids from the city how to fish, and we had archery, and firearms training  and safety training with .22 rifles, etc, and we had horses that the children could ride through the mountains, etc. And there was a lake, and we had a giant swimming pool, etc. It was a nice camp. It is closed down now. They could use it for the homeless, and for the disabled and the addicts, etc.

And I washed dogs for my Grandmother to make her life easier as she worked as a Dog Groomer to pay the Rent and all of the expensive Bills, and to buy Food, etc. I ended up managing a dog kennel for the rich and famous for almost a decade. I think I took care of Audrey Hepburn's dog when she was a little old lady.

Anyhow, you do not need to be President to help the Poor, if you are rich and powerful then you can help the poor right now, this minute.

When I went to Mexico with Youth For Christ, to give the orphans money and gifts, etc, we did not need to run for public office in order to make it happen, I lived in a wealthy neighborhood and Youth For Christ had money to give away and to do foreign trips, etc.

If you are rich and powerful then you can help the poor right now. And with all of these Billionaires, you can send everyone in Kentucky to Community College for $1 Billion. You do not need to run for president to help the poor.

And Newman's Own Salad Dressing is the best, with money still going to charity long after the passing of Paul Newman.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:54:47 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: August 21, 2024, 06:38:33 PM »

One of the great benefits of kicking conservatives to the curb wherever they try to appear in politics is that is greatly limits who they can be douche bags to. Ideally they ultimately hold no seats and can only be douche bags to one another.

My 'Conservatives':

The Liberal Party of Australia is a centre-right political party in Australia. It is one of the two major parties in Australian politics, the other being the Australian Labor Party. The Liberal Party was founded in 1944 as the successor to the United Australia Party.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: August 21, 2024, 06:44:02 PM »

One of the great benefits of kicking conservatives to the curb wherever they try to appear in politics is that is greatly limits who they can be douche bags to. Ideally they ultimately hold no seats and can only be douche bags to one another.

My 'Conservatives', = 'centre-right liberals' if you like.

The Liberal Party of Australia.

It's the best way.
They're the best way.

https://www.liberal.org.au/

We believe;
In government that nurtures and encourages its citizens through incentive, rather than putting limits on people through the punishing disincentives of burdensome taxes and the stifling structures of Labor's corporate state and bureaucratic red tape.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 06:51:23 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: August 21, 2024, 06:55:22 PM »

We believe;
In equal opportunity for all Australians; and the encouragement and facilitation of wealth so that all may enjoy the highest possible standards of living, health, education and social justice.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: August 21, 2024, 07:03:04 PM »

I met a woman from England who moved to Lancaster, California, and she said that there was not any incentive to work in England, so she came to California. Ozzy lived in Beverly Hills. Rob Halford lives in Arizona, and I think Paul McCartney lives in Beverly Hills, etc. The people of England are all coming to California. And Elizabeth Taylor was from England, and Bob Hope, etc.

But, the USA had high taxes too, Roy Rogers was paying very high taxes, to the tune of like 90% on money over $200,000 which was horrible, so President Reagan lowered taxes, it is better now.

I agree that honest work must be rewarded, and I support Unions, and Labor Laws, etc.

We also need cheap Hostels for $15 per night for a bed and a shower, for the poor. If you are washing dishes for a living then you can at least afford a bed and shower at a cheap hostel.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: August 21, 2024, 07:12:06 PM »

We believe;
In equal opportunity for all Australians; and the encouragement and facilitation of wealth so that all may enjoy the highest possible standards of living, health, education and social justice.

Yes, rich people are always trying to convince people that the world will be better if we just let them get richer.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: August 21, 2024, 07:28:34 PM »

We believe;

Yes, rich people are always trying to convince people that the world will be better if we just let them get richer.
How do rich people who get richer not help everyone else?

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: August 21, 2024, 07:30:27 PM »

We believe;

How does that work?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: August 21, 2024, 07:38:39 PM »

We believe;

How does that work?
Great for the rich. Badly for everyone else.
A parrot bit me.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: August 21, 2024, 07:49:48 PM »

We believe;

How does that work?
Great for the rich. Badly for everyone else.
Why is that?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: August 21, 2024, 09:24:26 PM »

I have a Roman Newspaper with George W. Bush and Berlusconi on the Front Page, from 2003. Pope John Paul II was the Pope at that time. George W. Bush met with the Pope and with Berlusconi, and with the King of Spain who at that time was King Juan Carlos. That was a great time to be in Rome, I was there for 6 weeks. I stayed at a Hostel that was recommended by the Vatican, my roommates were Italian soldiers from Sicily and they all loved George W. Bush. Martin Scorsese had just been there at Cinecitta filming "The Gangs of New York" and the studio was good and busy at that time. Italy was nice, and Rome had zero crime, it was great. I wanted to stay, and it would be great to have a night club on Via Urbana or on Via Cavour, or in that area. And they have the Saint Louis College of Music there, along with Cinecitta, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: August 21, 2024, 10:50:16 PM »

We believe;

Ever been employed by a poor man?

My national anthem states;

"We've golden soil, and wealth for toil"

It's very true.
'Wealth' meaning "not poverty" ...for average Joe.

Most people live in a nice house/apartment, not a mansion as such...but nice.
Drive a nice car, have enough to eat, enough money to attend sporting events etc.

Things have gone a bit *crazy* since Covid.
Society will adjust.
Children are now living with their parents longer...as one example.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 10:57:23 PM by bambu. »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: August 21, 2024, 11:06:46 PM »

Right now we need people who help the homeless, etc, and to help the refugees, etc. While it would be great to create jobs for everyone, right now we just need to get the people off of the streets and into housing. We can build master planned communities as we help and house people, and we can bring in fun architects, etc. And we need Psychiatrists, and Doctors, and Nurses, and Teachers, and Pharmacists, etc. George W. Bush gave huge sums of money to Churches to help the homeless when he was president, and to Mental Health Associations, etc. I was once riding in a car with a guy who spent his life helping the homeless and as we drove past a homeless guy he said "There is another client" and the homeless people were his clients, his life was spent in service of the homeless people. So, for him his money came from helping the homeless, even though he was already rich. Mayor Bass is paying Social Workers $80,000 per year right now to help the homeless people. And Kamala wants to build housing for all of the homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: August 21, 2024, 11:17:23 PM »

A good toddler with a gun.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-critical-condition-after-shot-2-year/story?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dhfacebook&utm_content=app.dashhudson.com/abcnews/library/media/444537711&id=112995896

When I first bought a gun, at age 20 ... a semi auto German brand .22 cal rifle...to shoot rabbits, foxes and if necessary kangaroos on father-in-law's farm...can't be having pests eating all your crops and killing your animals...........the first thing he told/taught me was "guns are not toys".
He then taught me gun safety.
Obviously others have not been beneficiaries of such wisdom.
Handguns are even more dangerous weapons and as such need the ultimate in safety procedures...as wise people know.

The sooner smart guns take over the better.

Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 669