Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 559

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117629 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #840 on: August 12, 2022, 12:09:37 AM »

Yes the speed with which initial flight to moon walking happened was *ridiculous*.
Pity nuclear weapons and portable launching sites on trucks hadn't been invented by the good guys before 1939.
Germany and Japan could've been nuked and stopped before they slaughtered millions.

l

I am sure there were things that could have been done earlier to stop WW II, and that is why we have the United Nations, and the CIA now. We can know what is happening, and we can act sooner, and we can take our issues to the United Nations, etc. We can also remove the bad guys when the problems are small and we can hopefully prevent the big problems from happening.

One recent issue, is the issue of Russia, and Russia invading the Ukraine, I would have prevented the crisis by having built a good relationship with Russia after the Berlin Wall came down and after the people got their freedom, after November 9th, 1989. Then at that time the Russians had a big concert in Moscow with Pantera and other American bands. I would have built up a relationship with Russia, and I would have been having American concerts all over Russia all of the time. And I would produce plays, and movies, and television shows, in Russia, along with having American rock concerts in Russia. I would be involved with all of the entertainment industry in Russia. I would teach the Russians how to love Americans and the West. You stay engaged, you know the intelligence, and you deal with problems early when the problems are still small.

Salute,

Tony V.

Now, Russia (and China) basically rule the UN and the world.
Last week China was hurling more insults at Australia...then all of a sudden the rhetoric changed.
Maybe they ran out of coal.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 12:18:01 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 12, 2022, 12:20:45 AM »

Yes the speed with which initial flight to moon walking happened was *ridiculous*.
Pity nuclear weapons and portable launching sites on trucks hadn't been invented by the good guys before 1939.
Germany and Japan could've been nuked and stopped before they slaughtered millions.

l

I am sure there were things that could have been done earlier to stop WW II, and that is why we have the United Nations, and the CIA now. We can know what is happening, and we can act sooner, and we can take our issues to the United Nations, etc. We can also remove the bad guys when the problems are small and we can hopefully prevent the big problems from happening.

One recent issue, is the issue of Russia, and Russia invading the Ukraine, I would have prevented the crisis by having built a good relationship with Russia after the Berlin Wall came down and after the people got their freedom, after November 9th, 1989. Then at that time the Russians had a big concert in Moscow with Pantera and other American bands. I would have built up a relationship with Russia, and I would have been having American concerts all over Russia all of the time. And I would produce plays, and movies, and television shows, in Russia, along with having American rock concerts in Russia. I would be involved with all of the entertainment industry in Russia. I would teach the Russians how to love Americans and the West. You stay engaged, you know the intelligence, and you deal with problems early when the problems are still small.

Salute,

Tony V.

Ah, but the entertainment, the movies, and music, and television shows, can come from Hollywood. And they are all reading books written by Americans, if they are available to them.

The Russians all loved Pantera, who were a bunch of musicians from Texas, the Russians loved Texas Rock and Roll when Pantera played in Moscow.

They even had McDonald's restaurants in Russia, we were making progress. We should have worked harder to build a better relationship with Russia. They love our music, they love our movies, they love our food, we need to be engaged with the good people in Russia.

And look at what wonderful progress we have made in Colombia. The President of Colombia attended Harvard, and Colombia is doing great, they have growth way higher than their neighbors, all because we stayed engaged and we kept helping the good people in Colombia.

After we remove Putin and get peace again in Russia, we need to stay better engaged next time, and we need to be involved with their entertainment industry and we need to make sure that we have a positive relationship with the Russians in the future. And we can send the Catholics to win all of the Russians over for Christianity.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 12, 2022, 12:51:11 AM »

Bambu, Disney made a movie named "The Black Widow," the heroes of the movie are a family of Russian spies, with the Russians as the heroes of the movie. We need to do more movies with the Russians as the heroes.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Widow_(film) Or this link... https://tinyurl.com/ywrnnp97

We can improve relations with Russia via Hollywood. And we can teach the Russians to love Americans, they already love McDonald's, and they loved Pantera, we need to look for ways that we can improve our relationship with Russia after we remove Putin and after Russia gets a good new government.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 01:04:32 AM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 12, 2022, 01:37:18 AM »

It is the tax cheats more than politicians, though tax cheats have their own politicians, that stop good big things from getting done.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 12, 2022, 03:32:32 AM »

The voters voted in support of high speed trains in California, we need to see results, we need for the government to put more workers on the high speed train projects and to get our high speed trains built faster, we need to have a sense of urgency when building our high speed trains.

We also need to have a sense of urgency when we help our homeless people and our mentally ill and our foster children, and our abused women, etc. 

We need for the high speed trains to get built, and we need for the homeless people to get help and to get into housing.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 12, 2022, 07:53:44 AM »

If we changed to a popular vote nation would national elections be taken out of states' hands?  What would the oversight entail?

National elections mean national electi9ns.

Not according to the current Constitution.

Yes. That's the point of the whole discussion.

Don't tell me. Tell the DC wheezer.

Geez, you pick stupid fights when there was no conflict with Larry.

The conflict is with Ward. Larry's on the same side of this debate that you are.

GFY, Nanny..

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 12, 2022, 10:21:42 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/08/12/florida-state-attorney-desantis-fired-me/

https://archive.ph/M0hct

Andrew Warren, on the threat DeSantis poses to democracy. 

I wish Nikki Fried and Charlie Crist well in the Dem primary next week.  May the best opponent to DeSantis win.  Fried is young, with fresh ideas.  Crist is a former GOP guy, who has changed his mind on several issues and now changed.parties.  I can't tell if Florida dems and indies will trust him, but he has been governor before and seems to know how to pitch bipartisanship. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 12, 2022, 10:34:02 AM »

More water falls on Sydney than on London.
Is any of it saved?
Not really.
The dam's catchment area is out in the mountains.
Does every home in Sydney basin have a water tank attached?
No.
The rainwater just flows into the harbour/rivers/ocean.
No 1 radio host tried to get something done...to no avail.

Incompetence frequently has that end result.

Alienating people also makes it harder to get them to work with you.

It's the politicians, not enough could/can see the need.

Did former #1 Radio Host join the fray or just sit on the sidelines and kibbitz?

Did he run for office? Did he serve a major party as one of their advisors?

Or did he sit in his radio booth and just safely run his radio sshow?

And given how wrong he was about the climate, why would anybody trust his acumen, anyway. (And don't tell us he was right all along. He was wrong when he said the climate wasn't changing in a way that was bad for humanity. And wrong when he said humans couldn't have had an impact to start with. And finally wrong when he said there was nothing we could do about it now.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 12, 2022, 12:00:47 PM »

I wish Nikki Fried and Charlie Crist well in the Dem primary next week.  May the best opponent to DeSantis win.  Fried is young, with fresh ideas.  Crist is a former GOP guy, who has changed his mind on several issues and now changed parties.  I can't tell if Florida dems and indies will trust him, but he has been governor before and seems to know how to pitch bipartisanship.

Burgeoning Florida chuckles.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 12, 2022, 01:32:57 PM »

l

Salute,

Tony V.

Last week China was hurling more insults at Australia...then all of a sudden the rhetoric changed.
Maybe they ran out of coal.

They were hurling insults!

Oh, you poor Australians. You suffer terribly.

We'll tell the Ukrainians how much you are suffering. And the Uyghurs, too. Maybe the two groups can send you aid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 12, 2022, 03:36:09 PM »

One third of our population here in California are foreign born immigrants, and it is up to us to teach them what it means to be an American, and what it means to be a Californian.

California is a beautiful state where people from all of the other states come when they need opportunities, such as during the Great Depression when my family first came to California.

We have the ocean, and wonderful beaches. We have vineyards, and the whole state of California is a garden that has been referred to in movies as "Eden" in "East of Eden." California is blessed with beautiful weather, and lots of sunshine, and great beaches, and lots of farms and ranches.

California leads the world in entertainment, and we have had great bands such as the Beach Boys who tell people what California is all about. And Aaron Spelling made television shows such as "Melrose Place" and "Beverly Hills 90210" about the California lifestyle.

We get to teach our immigrants what California is all about.

Our enemies want our state to be about drugs, and crime, and gangs, and homelessness, and they want to point their fingers and say how bad California is. There are a lot of people who hate California, because they are jealous. We need to make California about all of the good things, in spite of the people who hate us. ( And instead of building prisons we need to build colleges. )

We need to bring back the "Beach Blanket Bingo" movies, and music like the Beach Boys, and we need to have great producers like Aaron Spelling, and great filmmakers like Frank Capra.

There is the American Dream, and there is the California Dream.

All great things are dreams incarnated, someone had to dream it, and then people could make it happen. We need to have big dreams on what California is and on what California can become.

When I travel around the world the people all ask about Hollywood, people love Hollywood, and we need to take pride in Hollywood and we need to clean Hollywood up. Hollywood is a dream factory, we need to clean Hollywood up.

California is great, and as people come here from all over the world for opportunities then we need to teach them the good things about California, and we want for them to have good lives here for them and their families.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:41:54 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 12, 2022, 04:10:37 PM »

So... Frankie Avalon can save California? Who knew?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 12, 2022, 08:24:38 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62528689

Salman Rushdie is not doing well, after the attack.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 12, 2022, 09:27:10 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 13, 2022, 12:25:43 AM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62528689

Salman Rushdie is not doing well, after the attack.

Exactly what happens when security is not absolute.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 559