Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 559

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117555 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #1711 on: October 19, 2022, 11:12:12 AM »

Would it even matter if Ralph ran over her foot?  Pretty common event where someone is badgering someone through the car window and they get some toes squished by ignoring the drivers warning of  I am leaving now!

heh...

Sad.

In Amity and other like communities - maybe its in fact common.  Let's elect more of these fine citizens with such background.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 19, 2022, 11:13:44 AM »

They like to swing hammers too, I hear.

Cowards.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #1713 on: October 19, 2022, 11:16:39 AM »

Considering Warnocks opponent allegedly pointed a gun at his ex wife and repeatedly threatened to kill her it would be surprising if running over her foot while backing out moved the needle all that much.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 19, 2022, 01:21:13 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/19/politics/tampa-police-body-cam-video-voter-fraud-arrest-florida-desantis/index.html

It looks like the violation of law was on the part of the state, for failing to tell the local voting registrars who was not able to legally vote.

A whopping 20 people were arrested, Gov. DeSantis announced proudly.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: October 19, 2022, 03:23:13 PM »

Protecting the children...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/arizona-gop-candidate-arrested-allegedly-masturbating-truck_n_635007e2e4b03e8038da457f
"In a Facebook post from May, Kaufman said he wanted 'our children protected [from] the progressive left.'"

So I assume he was right handed.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1717 on: October 19, 2022, 03:33:26 PM »

Protecting the children...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/arizona-gop-candidate-arrested-allegedly-masturbating-truck_n_635007e2e4b03e8038da457f
"In a Facebook post from May, Kaufman said he wanted 'our children protected [from] the progressive left.'"

So I assume he was right handed.

😎

He was just relieving stress.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 04:20:39 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 19, 2022, 06:16:10 PM »

https://www.reuters.com/legal/judge-says-trump-knowingly-pressed-inaccurate-voter-fraud-claims-court-2022-10-19/

A California federal judge on Wednesday said then-U.S. President Donald Trump had signed a sworn statement asserting that voter fraud numbers included in a 2020 election lawsuit were accurate, despite being told the numbers were not correct.

This is the first time a judge has declared that Trump broke federal law.

In addition, the Eastman emails are being passed along, as a result.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 19, 2022, 06:19:26 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/10/19/2130001/-Rep-Katie-Porter-pulls-out-white-board-to-show-how-current-inflation-is-simply-corporate-greed

Nationalize the lot of them and sell them off to any Union that wants to manage them for a dollar a corporation.

That is maximizing return on investor value for each and every tax payer underwriting these crooks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1721 on: October 20, 2022, 12:27:35 AM »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1722 on: October 20, 2022, 12:38:55 AM »

Trump has his nuts in a vise and a tit in the wringer...

So attack black women as racist for giving their opinion of the world as seen through their eyes and aim the mob toward MSNBC.

https://twitter.com/esqueer_/status/1582928370035138560?s=21

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: October 20, 2022, 09:14:32 AM »

Liz Truss or a head of lettuce?

Which will wilt first?

Truss wins!
45 days in office, the shortest PM term since the Duke of Wellington in the 1830s. The current UK economy is what happens when you let conservatives run your country for a dozen years.

Edit: after seeing Truss called the shortest serving PM in British history I looked a bit beyond looking at a Wikipedia list. It appears the Iron Dukes second PM stint was as a place holder for three weeks while the person appointed returned from abroad. That person was Robert Peel who was the PM when the potato famine hit, which has always kind of amused me.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 09:24:48 AM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 20, 2022, 10:46:16 AM »

Liz Truss or a head of lettuce?

Which will wilt first?

Truss wins!
45 days in office, the shortest PM term since the Duke of Wellington in the 1830s. The current UK economy is what happens when you let conservatives run your country for a dozen years.

Edit: after seeing Truss called the shortest serving PM in British history I looked a bit beyond looking at a Wikipedia list. It appears the Iron Dukes second PM stint was as a place holder for three weeks while the person appointed returned from abroad. That person was Robert Peel who was the PM when the potato famine hit, which has always kind of amused me.

Do not think the People of Ireland found it amusing.  See Charles Trevelyan.
No, the famine was not only a heartbreaking tragedy exacerbated by Britains bigoted and hateful response that not only made mass starvation inevitable but drove families from their land. But Robert PEEL. POTATO famine. POTATO. PEEL. I am easily amused.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 559