Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 623

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 200022 times)

Oil Filter

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2205 on: December 13, 2022, 06:02:37 PM »

(AP) The U.S. is poised to approve sending a Patriot missile battery to Ukraine, finally agreeing to an urgent request from Ukrainian leaders desperate for more robust weapons to shoot down incoming Russian missiles...

The approval is likely to come later this week and could be announced as early as Thursday, said three officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision is not final and has not been made public. Two of the officials said the Patriot will come from Pentagon stocks and be moved from another country overseas.   

This is good news.  Not only in terms of strategic defense of Ukraine but for all of Europe - a humanitarian crisis in Ukraine from the infrastructure bombing means more resulting migrant population crisis in Europe. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: December 13, 2022, 06:47:53 PM »

(AP) The U.S. is poised to approve sending a Patriot missile battery to Ukraine, finally agreeing to an urgent request from Ukrainian leaders desperate for more robust weapons to shoot down incoming Russian missiles...

The approval is likely to come later this week and could be announced as early as Thursday, said three officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision is not final and has not been made public. Two of the officials said the Patriot will come from Pentagon stocks and be moved from another country overseas.   

This is good news. 

Only if you condone throwing good money after bad.

If Biden and his cheering section led by you and the clickbait main Street media are determined to keep asking Americans to pay for an endless and unwinnable war you should at least be honest about the man who is getting all this money.
Zelensky is a tyrant who has sold out his own country, ended free speech and religion , to sustain an uncontrollable ego.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 06:52:47 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: December 13, 2022, 09:13:09 PM »

Is that how wingers are projecting their massive sellout to trump and his Muslim ban bullshit?

Good thing you dumb fucks are not in charge.

Patriots are a good start.

Ukraine needs the tools to crush Russians as they freeze in their trenches or work at their railheads and airfields.

Have them kettled or back to their borders before the thaw.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 09:15:40 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: December 14, 2022, 07:52:00 AM »

So Bankman Fried can not testify ( under oath) to Maxine and the gang since the Biden DOJ brought down the hammer of the law.

The dems wallowed in his fraudulent largesse but we will never know the details.

How convenient, er, predictable.
LOL. I guess you do not follow the news.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: December 14, 2022, 10:25:29 AM »

https://apnews.com/article/science-animals-stockholm-sweden-chimpanzees-e59d3ec9f9cad6959d9b9de571fede2b

You're a tropical animal, and you are a hundred miles north of Stockholm in December, and you want to escape a heated enclosure.  Clearly things are not so great for you.

Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

Oil Filter

• View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: December 14, 2022, 04:47:48 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/13/iran-execute-protesters-repression/

Revolution in the air. 

Some are mathematicians, some are carpenter's wives...

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: December 14, 2022, 05:14:48 PM »

This is good news. 

Only if you condone throwing good money after bad.

If Biden and his cheering section led by you and the clickbait main Street media are determined to keep asking Americans to pay for an endless and unwinnable war you should at least be honest about the man who is getting all this money.
Zelensky is a tyrant who has sold out his own country, ended free speech and religion , to sustain an uncontrollable ego.

Sure thing, Sergei!
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: December 14, 2022, 07:06:52 PM »

I saw a report of the top travel destinations on the news; Paris, France, was number one, while Rome, Italy, was number five, and New York City came in at number ten.

Anaheim was not even on the list. Right now we are spending four billion dollars to make Anaheim nicer, and we will spend more, and soon Anaheim will be a top tourist destination.

Also, Las Vegas, Nevada, needs to be a top tourist destination, and we need to have a high speed train connecting Las Vegas with Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: December 14, 2022, 08:11:35 PM »

Fullerton College

5 hours

The Cultural Services of the French Embassy awarded the Fullerton College French Club second place in the "France on Campus Awards" for the 2023 Fullerton College French Film Festival, which is set to take place March 27-29, 2023.

The award celebrates American student organizations that produce creative projects that introduce new audiences to French culture.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: December 15, 2022, 11:31:44 AM »

Paris?
Not like it used to be.
In the early 1960s, in high school, I had a pen friend in Paris.
She was pretty and had 2 poodles.
She would correct my French and I would correct her English.
I continued to correspond with her until age 20.
No expression of love was ever conveyed.
Can't really be dating miss-mrs bambu and be writing letters to another woman...especially when you're playing "last-chance romance".
That was the time to visit Paris...before it became what it is today.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: December 15, 2022, 12:17:16 PM »

You also get no love in Antwerp, Milan, or D
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: December 15, 2022, 04:15:11 PM »

I have been to Paris, but only to the airport on my way to and from the Cannes film festival. Everyone in Paris was well dressed, and it was like they all went to charm school. The people in Paris were all polite and well mannered. And Cannes was great, I enjoyed my time in Cannes, the food was great, the people were great, I love Cannes. Someday I will go to France and just spend some time in Paris, I will go spend a month in Paris eventually.

And there is Bernard Verley, and Renaud Verley, so my last name is already famous in France. There have been French movie stars with my last name.

For me as a teen there was the movie "Weird Science" with Kelly Le Brock, and she was my idea as a teen of French American women, Kelly Le Brock is a babe in that movie.

I spent 6 weeks in Rome, and that was awesome, I tried to get a job at Cinecitta, I love Rome. Europe is great.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: December 15, 2022, 05:36:12 PM »

I hope Fullerton Community College shows some films from Bernard Verley at their film festival, and Renaud Verley, there have been Verleys in France who have been making movies for a long time, and I think Bernard Verley dated Brigitte Bardot.

I might go to their French Film Festival at the community college, we will see, I would enjoy it.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: December 15, 2022, 09:17:36 PM »

Of note, the French are welcome to open a movie and television studio here in Anaheim anytime they want, Anaheim has a lot of trained talent and the French are welcome to open a studio here whenever they want, the French are welcome here.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: December 15, 2022, 10:02:25 PM »

I've read several stories reporting that the "the French" are looking to open studios in Battle Mountain, Nevada.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 623