Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 580

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 122648 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2415 on: January 07, 2023, 09:22:59 PM »

Jimmy Hoffa was a criminal. The Union guy who deserves your celebration is Walter Reuther. Look him up.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: January 07, 2023, 10:09:57 PM »

Lech Walesa is a hero who proved that the Labor Movement is about good human rights, and not about communism.

Lech Walesa is a living hero. And Lech is always a man worthy of making movies about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lech_Walesa

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 10:14:11 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: January 07, 2023, 10:39:40 PM »

Las Vegas is full of new immigrants right now who all know who Lech Walesa is. The immigrants from Poland, and from Russia, and from Ukraine, etc, they all know about Lech Walesa. Now that they are in the USA they need to learn who Eugene V. Debs was.

Maybe Oliver Stone will make a movie about Eugene V. Debs.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: January 08, 2023, 01:50:29 AM »

Las Vegas is full of new immigrants right now who all know who Lech Walesa is. The immigrants from Poland, and from Russia, and from Ukraine, etc, they all know about Lech Walesa. Now that they are in the USA they need to learn who Eugene V. Debs was.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hopefully they'll all thrive, integrate and become Americans in their new homeland...Uncle Sam their new 'King'.
Comparison is the thief of joy.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: January 08, 2023, 03:36:33 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Hopefully they'll all thrive, integrate and become Americans in their new homeland...Uncle Sam their new 'King'.

There is no king in America but Jesus, the people in America have the power and we elect our representatives. Our politicians are public servants.

And yes, I hope they all integrate and thrive, and I hope they are proud to be Americans and that they see all of the good about America. And I hope they will help the homeless like my friends from the Philippines did, my friends from the Philippines spent their whole lives doing charity work here to help our homeless people. Instead of tearing down statues, they need to be serving the people and they need to be helping the homeless, etc. And they need to work and build great things. Like Carl Laemmle who came to America from Bavaria.

I was born out in the desert of Southern California, and I was always proud to be an American, and we had NASA out in the desert, and Edwards Air Force Base, and we had all of the best plane companies all making top secret planes, and we made the Space Shuttles, etc. And we had Hollywood close by and a lot of stars from Hollywood spent time in the desert. And Malibu is only an hour and half drive from Lancaster.

There are people now who call the desert a "ghetto" and they say bad things about the desert, but it is all bullshit. The desert was a great place to grow up. And people say bad things about Hollywood, but I have always been proud of Hollywood, I love movies, and I loved to be able to meet the stars here in California, and I am a writer, etc, and an actor, I love Hollywood. And I love Malibu. California is great. And I am grateful to live in Anaheim now. California is great.

And Vegas is one of the fastest growing places in the world, and it is easy to get a job in Vegas. I hope the new immigrants will love Las Vegas. And we need a high speed train between Anaheim and Las Vegas. I hope our new immigrants want to help to build high speed trains here, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 03:39:57 PM by FlyingVProd »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: January 08, 2023, 03:37:23 PM »

Jesus?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: January 08, 2023, 03:43:18 PM »

A very big celebrity in parts of the deserts of Southern California.

I heard he turned water into grape koolaid at a shotgun wedding near Lancaster. Oh yeah!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 03:47:01 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: January 08, 2023, 06:40:13 PM »

Jesus?

The majority of Americans are Christians...at this point in time.
Majority rules.
Jesus is still 'King' of America.

You'll have to wait until about 2070 for Christians in America not to be the majority.

My guess is that you might not like it when America eventually becomes a Muslim country...and the culture and systems change.
...or becomes part of communist China.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 06:48:08 PM by bambu. »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: January 08, 2023, 06:47:07 PM »

Rules what?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: January 08, 2023, 06:51:24 PM »

Rules what?

The landscape.
You know..."Guns and God"..."In God We Trust" [the God referred to being 'Jesus'].

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: January 08, 2023, 06:52:54 PM »

You know nothing about the United States.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: January 08, 2023, 08:04:07 PM »

RIP Russell Banks, who did know something about the United States.  Author of some fine novels, like The Sweet Hereafter and Continental Drift.  Born in one of my childhood homes, Newton, Massachusetts.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: January 08, 2023, 08:19:02 PM »

Books seemed ready made for movies. I liked Affliction.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: January 08, 2023, 08:33:29 PM »

Bravo to those who stand up for Free Speech

Kirsten Hening, former Virginia Tech soccer player who accused her coach of benching her because of her political opinions will reportedly receive at least $100,000 as part of an agreement to dismiss a federal lawsuit.
Hening refused to kneel during a reading of a  unity statement before a game against UVA on Sept. 12, 2020. She said her coach   verbally attacked her at halftime, claiming she was bitching  and moaning while putting his finger in her face.

Hening explained in her  lawsuit that while she supports social justice and believes that black lives matter, she  does not support BLM the organization,  citing its tactics and core tenets of its mission statement, including defunding the police.
The coach continued to berate Hening until he benched her and ultimately made things so intolerable that she felt she had no choice but to quit the team, according to the suit.

On Dec. 2, federal Judge Thomas Cullen denied a motion by the coach to dismiss the lawsuit, noting that Hening time on the field dropped off following the kneeling incident.

The three-day trial slated to start later this month was canceled last Tuesday in a court filing that noted the case had been settled.

On Jan. 4, the Coach released a statement on Twitter, saying in part, I am pleased the case against me has been closed and I am free to move forward clear of any wrong doing.It is unfortunate, but this ordeal was about a disappointment and disagreement about playing time. Today, we have clarity that this case lacked any standing, and without evidence, the truth has prevailed," said the Coach , ( who made no mention of the settlement.)

Hening Attorney Adam Mortara tweeted in reply to the coach statement:  If by clarity you mean you are paying my client six figures in a settlement then you then  you mean you are paying my client six figures then you are  right p, that it is pretty clear.
 Honestly, Coach, read the Court opinion.
You are paying.
Defendants do not pay in cases that have no standing.

As always,
TIME WOUNDS ALL HEELS!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 08:46:25 PM by Espnthree »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: January 08, 2023, 09:37:50 PM »

Another novel innovation in the world of pigsty inconsistency. Red proves again it takes severe brain damage to stay in the right wing.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 580