Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 559

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117605 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2580 on: January 28, 2023, 03:43:14 PM »

The slow and horrific beating to death of Tyre Nichols clearly demonstrates that some cops, no matter their color, will "bash the tripe out of you"/ "do you in", with batons, fists, boots etc, when you're unarmed and helpless.
It's not all cops, most cops seem to be good, honest and true, protecting and serving the best they can "24/7/365".
Heaven help you if you meet up with the other kind though.

It is the culturof law enforcement. The US. vs THEM.

Maybe, but most cops are not like that. They might get a bit rough ("reasonable force") when arresting offenders, but they don't bash them senseless or to death...or do they in America as a general 'rule'/occurrence/culture?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 03:44:59 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 28, 2023, 03:52:12 PM »

The community residency requirement, if that is made standard, could help with the problem.  It's both the culture and the difficulty of filtering out crypto-sociopaths or just standard bullies who want to pass along what Dad did to them.

In America, are parents still allowed to discipline their children with beatings/bashings?
Beatings with leather belts, canes, lumps of wood, garden hoses, fists etc?

Do American schools discipline students with corporal punishment, belting them with canes etc?
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 28, 2023, 04:14:34 PM »

I do not understand the culture of violence, and I do not understand why someone would want to beat someone to death. I have seen people with bad tempers, and I do not like to be around those kind of people. Violent people with bad tempers suck.

I do not like the violence when the cops do it, and I do not like violence period.

I have seen movies where all that they do is fight for 2 hours, and I hate those kind of movies. I find no joy in watching people fight. I like Boxing, and I have a friend who owns a gym for professional Boxers, but Boxing is a sport and the Boxers are athletes with a lot of dedication, these young people really train hard to Box. But, when it comes to movies, I want a story, and I want love, and beautiful women, etc. My movies and poetry are all about love.

And for the police, they are supposed to be out there to Serve and Protect. The children are taught to look up to Police and to look up to Fire Fighters, and they need to be men of respect and honor.

I almost moved to Memphis, I rode a Greyhound bus across the country from Nevada to Florida, and then back from Florida to Nevada, and the buses zig zagged across the nation and so I was able to see a lot of the USA, and I loved Memphis, I ate lunch at a McDonald's in Memphis and the people were very nice, I liked Memphis. And then the book "The Firm" is set in Memphis, the book is better than the movie which starred Tom Cruise. Memphis is a cool place. Memphis is one of my favorite cities in the USA. It is sad that the cops committed this crime in Memphis.

And yes Bambu, people are allowed to spank their kids in the USA, but in Psychology class in college they teach people not to spank the kids. So the poor uneducated people beat their kids, but the educated people are more civilized. But, the sad thing when baby-sitting kids who are used to being spanked, then you need to spank them. But, like with my Father before he died, he never beat me, he would talk with me, and he would teach me to understand, and I would cry if I disappointed him, I loved him and I wanted him to be proud of me and so I never wanted to disappoint him. My Dad never had to beat me.

One thing too that I noticed, is that there are ignorant evil people and that is all that they have is being tough and violent, without that then they have nothing. So, if the little guy has a gun then that big violent asshole has no power over him. Guns stop bullies. It does not matter how big or evil the bad guy is if the good guy has a gun. The same with women who live alone, they are safe if they have a gun, the bad guy has no power over a gun. All of the rich single women in Beverly Hills have guns, you can bet on it.

Anyhow, I hate bullies, and I hate violence, and I hate that these cops beat this young man to death in Memphis. Memphis needs to clean house on their whole police department and they need to retrain and educate their force. And we need for the cops to be a good part of the community instead of being bullies and murderers.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 04:20:54 PM by FlyingVProd »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: January 28, 2023, 05:03:19 PM »

The community residency requirement, if that is made standard, could help with the problem.  It's both the culture and the difficulty of filtering out crypto-sociopaths or just standard bullies who want to pass along what Dad did to them.

In America, are parents still allowed to discipline their children with beatings/bashings?

Not a matter of allowed.  Child abuse still happens because the law cannot be everywhere.  It is not legal, but it happens.  Not every situation of abuse is detected by an alert schoolteacher or social worker or caring relative.  And family members may not contact police because of fears of retribution or being "Stockholm syndromed" by a dominant parent.  So many social ills start with broken homes and lack of a supporting community to turn to.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: January 28, 2023, 06:01:52 PM »

Not a matter of allowed.  Child abuse still happens because the law cannot be everywhere.  It is not legal, but it happens.  Not every situation of abuse is detected by an alert schoolteacher or social worker or caring relative.  And family members may not contact police because of fears of retribution or being "Stockholm syndromed" by a dominant parent.  So many social ills start with broken homes and lack of a supporting community to turn to.

Thanks.

Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 28, 2023, 06:39:00 PM »

One thing too that I noticed, is that there are ignorant evil people and that is all that they have is being tough and violent, without that then they have nothing. So, if the little guy has a gun then that big violent asshole has no power over him. Guns stop bullies. It does not matter how big or evil the bad guy is if the good guy has a gun. The same with women who live alone, they are safe if they have a gun, the bad guy has no power over a gun. All of the rich single women in Beverly Hills have guns, you can bet on it.

Salute,

Tony V.

Indeed.
I totally agree.

Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 28, 2023, 09:48:47 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-police-chief-issues-warning-criminals-homeowner-shoots-burglars-most-people-armed

Yes, people have had enough of their homes being invaded...and had enough of their loved ones being bashed, raped, and murdered.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 29, 2023, 01:47:08 AM »

Nothing is insurable in Florida, not your house, not even your life.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 29, 2023, 02:54:30 PM »

For the children in America it is important to pay attention to violence in our public schools. We need to keep it safe for our children, and we need to end the culture of violence.

My favorite school growing up was a Christian school that I attended for a short time, we made model rockets and launched them, and we made paper airplanes, it was in the 5th Grade, it was a great school with zero fights.

At the public schools I always had to fight against the bullies, especially in Oregon where they hated Californians, but I never had to fight at the Christian school.

We need for the children in the public schools to have the same safe conditions as the Christian schools, and we need for the children in the public schools to be taught empathy for others and peace and they need to have brotherhood with their fellow students. And the poor people need to be taught good manners and good behavior just like the rich people are taught.

Salute,

Tony V.

Oiled

• View Profile

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: January 29, 2023, 04:00:09 PM »

In the schools here in California a lot of school teachers are actors and actresses. One of my high school teachers was an actor who was friends with Ricardo Montalban, and with Michael Landon, and he taught the class how to behave at Hollywood parties when meeting the rich and famous people, he told us to be good listeners, and said that the stars will always love you if you are a good listener. He used to come teach the class as different characters, one day he would be Mark Twain, and another time he would be Edgar Allan Poe, etc. He brought a camera to class and he let us do stuff in front of the camera to get some experience being in front of the camera. It was the first time that I seriously considered having a life in show business.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 29, 2023, 08:42:34 PM »

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z34az8/missing-tiny-deadly-radioactive-capsule-spurs-nationwide-search-in-australia

Stay in the basement, Bambu.

We don't have basements, as a general *rule*.
That nuke capsule "fell off the back of a truck", supposedly...the transporter said it was in a crate that was securely tied down, so who knows.
The said capsule is about 1/2inch square or the like.
A lot harder to lose nuke missiles. Hopefully they'll be arriving soon.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: January 30, 2023, 01:38:36 PM »

At mach 12, one hopes.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: January 30, 2023, 01:40:17 PM »

Could not resist.

Meanwhile, Wednesday has passed.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/30/1152472309/lisa-loring-wednesday-addams

Another doll decapitated by drugs.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 559