Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 674

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 248627 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #4890 on: August 03, 2023, 11:13:28 PM »

There is a book by Will Durant named "Caesar and Christ" where Will Durant argues that Rome and Israel were the two most powerful forces on laying the foundation for modern civilization. And since Rome was built on the foundation provided by Athens, then the Greeks would be in the game as well.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: August 04, 2023, 12:28:18 AM »

I send messages on Facebook to Pope Francis at the Vatican News page, and I send messages to Vice President Harris, and to whoever I can help with an idea at the time. I send messages to Mayor Bass of Los Angeles telling her ideas on how to help the homeless. I sent an idea to NASA asking for NASA to help to make the Police Department Helicopters quieter so as not to disturb residents while they sleep at night. I send ideas to whoever I think I can help.

Some of these people on Facebook such as Mahlagha Jaberi, and Marli Buccola, and others, are influencers. I do not think that I am an influencer, but sometimes I have some good ideas, and I am good at rhetoric, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: August 04, 2023, 07:50:33 AM »

It is important to dress up nice and to go spend a Saturday night celebrating life with the rich people, even if you are not rich. My Mother was a hair dresser with her own beauty shop and a couple of houses that she rented out, and my Father worked for the Los Angeles County Road Department, and my Mother always made my Father take her out to someplace nice to eat on a Saturday night, and they would go dancing, and they would go out to see movies, and they would always get out and have fun on the Saturday nights. My Mother always fit in well with the rich people, and she did the hair for all of the rich ladies, and every Saturday night my Mother and Father went out to celebrate life with the well to do people in the community.

And then years later for instance, my Mother and her then husband spent the day having cocktails with Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft at the Pieces of Eight in Marina Del Rey, that is a great thing about California is that so many great people have lived here over the years, and it is nice.

There is no reason for the rich and poor to be separate, you have to be able to dress up and walk with Kings, while at the same time you need to keep the common touch.

I need to be able to take a date to the best restaurants without worry, that is the way my Mother raised me, I can go have cocktails and sushi with the rich people and not have any problems.

Salute,

Tony V.

Some women today go on dates with men just to get "free dinners".
Me, I'd be taking any first date "for coffee", at a coffee shop/cafe.
That way if there's not a second date you're only out a few bucks not a hundred.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: August 04, 2023, 08:42:49 AM »

It is important to dress up nice and to go spend a Saturday night celebrating life with the rich people, even if you are not rich. My Mother was a hair dresser with her own beauty shop and a couple of houses that she rented out, and my Father worked for the Los Angeles County Road Department, and my Mother always made my Father take her out to someplace nice to eat on a Saturday night, and they would go dancing, and they would go out to see movies, and they would always get out and have fun on the Saturday nights. My Mother always fit in well with the rich people, and she did the hair for all of the rich ladies, and every Saturday night my Mother and Father went out to celebrate life with the well to do people in the community.

And then years later for instance, my Mother and her then husband spent the day having cocktails with Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft at the Pieces of Eight in Marina Del Rey, that is a great thing about California is that so many great people have lived here over the years, and it is nice.

There is no reason for the rich and poor to be separate, you have to be able to dress up and walk with Kings, while at the same time you need to keep the common touch.

I need to be able to take a date to the best restaurants without worry, that is the way my Mother raised me, I can go have cocktails and sushi with the rich people and not have any problems.

Salute,

Tony V.

Some women today go on dates with men just to get "free dinners".
Me, I'd be taking any first date "for coffee", at a coffee shop/cafe.
That way if there's not a second date
You could have stopped there.
you're only out a few bucks not a hundred.
You cheap misogynistic bastard.
A parrot bit me.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: August 04, 2023, 09:09:16 AM »

The last of the romantics.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: August 04, 2023, 10:31:50 AM »

🤣

I thought of this xkcd cartoon when Trump was blathering about his free speech rights this week.

https://xkcd.com/1357/
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: August 04, 2023, 06:02:56 PM »

He is leaving

Leaving

On that midnight train to Georgia

To find a dark hole

And be locked inside

Leaving on that midnight train to Georgia

Georgia

To live his life in that world

While I go free in mine

One charge

One vote

And the jury will decide

Guilty

RICO

Is what the jury will decide
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 06:06:20 PM by facilitatorn »
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: August 04, 2023, 06:54:32 PM »

Project Angel Food in Hollywood just received donations to double their space and triple their service to the community. In this crazy economy the good people in Hollywood donated fifty million dollars to Project Angel Food for the expansion.

https://www.angelfood.org/our-stories/project-angel-food-to-double-size-of-current-facilities-adding-new-building-and-tripling-meal-production-capacity-by-2027

There are a lot of good people in Hollywood, and I am sure that if they knew that I was out there homeless and hungry in Hollywood that there are good people such as Jamie Lee Curtis who care about the homeless who would have built homeless shelters and places to feed the homeless in Hollywood.

As people donate to help the poor in Hollywood, then people need to invest in opening Hostels where people can take a shower and where they can sleep in a bed for $15 per night. And there can be Sober Living Homes where people can rent a bed to live in a home for $500 per month.

I also support Food Without Borders which feeds the homeless people anywhere and everywhere. I support free sandwiches and bottles of water for the homeless on the streets of Hollywood.

I also support having Wellness Centers where people can get help, and I support having Mental Health Associations, etc.

I also support Children of the Night which helps the homeless teens on the streets of Hollywood.

Meanwhile, thanks to Jamie Lee Curtis, she is doing a good job at helping the needy in Hollywood.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:06:09 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: August 04, 2023, 07:35:04 PM »

Coffee is a good first date, but it is nice to dress up and to go someplace nice to eat with a person who you enjoy their company. And that is part of the joy of life. And falling in love, that is the stuff of life.

One romantic place is the Odyssey Restaurant in Granada Hills, California, they have wonderful food and the restaurant is on the top of a hill overlooking the valley. The Odyssey Restaurant is a great place to take a date.

Then there is The Sunset Restaurant in Malibu, right on the sand, it used to be named "Monroe's" after Marilyn Monroe. You can watch the sun set over the ocean while you eat. It was the best restaurant in Malibu when I lived there.

Here in Anaheim there is the Anaheim White House Restaurant, which has the best food in Anaheim, and Chef Bruno does charity work to feed the hungry children of Orange County. It is the place to go for filet mignon, escargot, frog legs, caviar, and all of the stuff on your bucket list to try, he has a lot of stuff on his menu that I want to try. And it is right down the street. If I had a steady girlfriend or a wife we could go there often.

And we have sushi restaurants all over where people can get sushi. For cheaper stuff we have Mexican food, and Italian food.

For a dream date we have Club 33 at Disneyland, which has a 5 star restaurant, it is very exclusive and it would impress a date if I took her there. But Club 33 is Very exclusive. If I get lucky I would love to take a date to Club 33.

And then I want to find a good woman who wants to travel with me, and we can go see New York City, etc, and Paris, France, and Monaco, etc.

One of my favorite songs is "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce, and that is how life is, I wish I could save my time for when I am in love, to give my time to people I love. And it all starts with the first cup of coffee at a coffee shop.

We will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 07:38:57 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: August 04, 2023, 08:54:51 PM »

It would be rude to ask a poster to define support as it is used in recent posts.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: August 04, 2023, 09:07:27 PM »

One can support by favoring an activity or organization, and can contribute as they are able and as they see fit.

One can also contribute abilities and gifts from God, such as the ability to write, act, sing, dance, etc, and Jamie Lee Curtis is able to contribute because of who her family was, and because of her acting career, and from being a good citizen here in Hollywood.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: August 04, 2023, 09:12:46 PM »

Too rude to warrant a straight answer it seems.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: August 04, 2023, 09:17:01 PM »

One of my heroes was Cesar Chavez, who said that the best use of an education is to help other people. Cesar Chavez never made any money, and he died poor, but he has streets named after him, and he will be remembered forever.

Another hero was Henry David Thoreau who sat by a pond and wrote philosophy about peace and human rights, Thoreau will be remembered forever, and he influenced many great people.

I also love the poetry of Maya Angelou and other poets, and I love the old Abolitionist poetry, and the poetry from the Harlem Renaissance.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 09:20:44 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: August 05, 2023, 12:58:01 AM »

The state of Florida is still killing human beings in its chamber of death. It's not the only US state doing it.
Talk about living in no-idea land.
Not even "dumb, drunk, racist and backward" bambuworld still kills human beings in death chambers.
We also no longer allow school teachers to hit students anymore.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:31:05 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: August 05, 2023, 01:56:39 AM »

The state of Florida is still killing human beings in its chamber of death. It's not the only US state doing it.
Talk about living in no-idea land.
Not even "dumb, drunk, racist and backward" bambuworld still kills human beings in death chambers.
We also no longer allow school teachers to hit students anymore.

Watch Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" starring Robert Blake. It is a great movie. The cinematography is fantastic.

I agree, let them rot in prison until they die of old age. And feed them bad food. No luxury, no joy in life, only punishment in jail until they die. And they can have a Bible and a priest.

California does not allow the death penalty. I do not think that we have had the death penalty since Jerry Brown. I think death row has been shut down.

And I think that Australia is very civilized, like Olivia Newton John. I think of beautiful blonde women when I think of Australia. And like Margot Robbie.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 674