Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 622

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 199603 times)

Oil Filter

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5250 on: August 27, 2023, 08:16:02 PM »

Enjoyed scrolling through your recent work, some nice jabs there.  There was one with Tim Scott where he was labeled as running for vice president .  LoL.  I think he's also running for a theocracy, so we will no doubt see some amusing antics as he woos the evangelical bloc. 
Peoples minds are changed through observation and not through argument.    - Will Rogers

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: August 27, 2023, 11:49:55 PM »

Black people in Jacksonville need to enact segregation.
Form the BPA...Black Peoples Army.
They need to arm the members of said army with handguns and AR 15s...and train such soldiers to the max.
Special uniforms, weapons and dogs.
Secure fence erected around the Black folks community.
Checkpoints, Black soldiers of the BPA enforcing the new rules.
...so the Black ladies I saw on my tv will be able to go to the convenience store in peace.

Bambu, it took hard work and a civil war and then marches and riots to get us to the point where we are today on the issue of equality and good human rights. Martin Luther King Jr and others marched and worked to get the Equal Opportunity Act of 1964, and the Fair Housing Act of 1968. And we had to desegregate our schools, brave Black youth had to go to White schools. We worked hard to have equality in the United States, and we need to all be equal, Asians, Blacks, Latinos, Europeans, Arabs, Jews, Italians, etc, we need to all be equal.

By the way, two of my heroes from the Entertainment Industry were great men who helped the poor, there was Kirk Douglas who was great and who attended the same acting school that I attended, the AADA, and Kirk Douglas got rich and then he spent his life giving money to charity. Then there was also Paul Newman, who started Newman's Own spaghetti sauce and salad dressing, etc, all for charity, the company is still making money for charity. The purpose of making money is to spend it, and to give it away, money is not meant to be hoarded, and life is short, it is best to spend the money and to give money away to help others. And I support the program at Pepperdine to teach social entrepreneurs how to become successful so that they can help the poor and the needy.

We need to all be equal, and we need to love and help our neighbors.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: August 28, 2023, 12:19:16 AM »

I am not sure Bambu believes he is human, Tony. I do not think he cares.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: August 28, 2023, 01:12:56 AM »

From the poem "Freedom's Plow."

A long time ago,
An enslaved people heading toward freedom
Made up a song:
Keep Your Hand On The Plow! Hold On!
The plow plowed a new furrow
Across the field of history.
Into that furrow the freedom seed was dropped.
From that seed a tree grew, is growing, will ever grow.
That tree is for everybody,
For all America, for all the world.
May its branches spread and shelter grow
Until all races and all peoples know its shade.
KEEP YOUR HAND ON THE PLOW! HOLD ON!

By Langston Hughes

--------

America is for all people.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: August 28, 2023, 03:03:41 AM »

I support people having security guards at businesses, and door men, etc, to help with security, and the department stores need to hire more security guards, etc, and we need more security for the schools, etc. I also support having safe gated communities, etc.

I also support helping the homeless, and helping people, so they are not desperate, and I support helping people who have mental illness, etc, so that they do not become criminals.

California has allocated more money for Mental Health, as well as to help the homeless, and that is important, and that will help to reduce crime.

-------

The Governor proposes a $4.7 billion general obligation bond for the March 2024 ballot to construct or rehabilitate up to 10,000 behavioral health beds in residential settings and housing units for veterans and other individuals experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Aug 17, 2023

---------

More money is going to be spent to get the homeless people into housing. Housing is a big issue now. Housing and Mental Health Care are vital today to help our homeless people.

https://capitolweekly.net/newsom-takes-another-swing-at-getting-mentally-ill-homeless-off-the-streets/

I may not agree with Newsom on everything, but I agree that we need to do more to help the homeless and the mentally ill.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 04:06:40 AM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: August 28, 2023, 03:49:06 AM »

I think Bambu cares, and some of his ideas are great, and we often agree on issues, but he needs to understand how hard we have had to work in America to have equality, and we do not want to go back to the bad old days, we need to continue to move ahead in good ways.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: August 28, 2023, 06:31:25 AM »

Artificial Intelligence people are not human but look like destroying our civilization as they take over.
So happy I had most of my life before they came along.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: August 28, 2023, 06:49:52 AM »

I think Bambu cares, and some of his ideas are great, and we often agree on issues, but he needs to understand how hard we have had to work in America to have equality, and we do not want to go back to the bad old days, we need to continue to move ahead in good ways.

Salute,

Tony V.

One can have equality, ....and also voluntary segregation...separation from White, Nazi-loving, racist, Black people-hating, mentally ill mass killers who obtain guns legally.
Young Black man was a victim, they haven't told his little daughter who loved him dearly yet that he was killed.
Black people there are distraught, beside themselves with depression that they're hated so much, and can't even go to the convenience store without being murdered.
Time for them to build physical barriers and arm themselves.
My "BPA, Black Peoples Army, weaponised to the max, securing the Black community there from harm...is a great idea. Basically the only idea that will work.
What's in place there now didn't work, time for change.
"Peace, love, and harmony" doesn't work...unless backed up with absolute security.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 06:53:02 AM by bambu. »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: August 28, 2023, 11:14:45 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

One can have equality, ....and also voluntary segregation...separation from White, Nazi-loving, racist, Black people-hating, mentally ill mass killers who obtain guns legally.
Young Black man was a victim, they haven't told his little daughter who loved him dearly yet that he was killed.
Black people there are distraught, beside themselves with depression that they're hated so much, and can't even go to the convenience store without being murdered.
My "BPA, Black Peoples Army, weaponised to the max, securing the Black community there from harm...is a great idea. Basically the only idea that will work.
"Peace, love, and harmony" doesn't work...unless backed up with absolute security.
First, what the actual FUCK?

Second, it is a pretty common trope for people, let's say uncomfortable with the presence of minorities to argue separation is for the benefit of minorities.

Third, you are a frightening little fascist in the literal sense of the word.

And lastly, clearly your problem with AI is the I part.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: August 28, 2023, 01:45:56 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Second, it is a pretty common trope for people, let's say uncomfortable with the presence of minorities to argue separation is for the benefit of minorities.

And your suggestion/solution to keep the Black community there safe so the White, Nazi-loving, armed killers don't get them again, and the Black ladies can shop at the convenience store etc in safety...is what exactly?
Practical solution, not airy-fairy 'intellectual' BS...."get the guns" etc.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 01:50:37 PM by bambu. »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: August 28, 2023, 02:32:50 PM »

You should be able to make yourself a gun out of handy household items, Bambu. There must be something on YouTube about it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: August 28, 2023, 02:44:16 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes Peace and Love does work.

And a Nazi Low Rider criminal racist gang member killed my Catholic Italian-American friend Joey Jojolla. The answer was to capture the criminal and to send him before a judge where he could be convicted and sent to prison for the rest of his life. We did not start a gang war, we let the law do its job, and we let the racist bad guy go to prison.

In the USA we are a nation of laws, and all men are created equal, we can have peace and love, and if you break the law then you pay the price. The bad guys go to prison. That is how we segregate the bad guys, we send them to their own private prison where all of the bad guys are. We break society up into the good people and the bad people and the bad people go to prison where they belong. If you commit a crime then you pay the price, and we need justice for all.

All men are created equal, with equal rights, and if you break the law then you pay the price, that is the way it works in the USA.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: August 28, 2023, 03:20:23 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

And your suggestion/solution to keep the Black community there safe so the White, Nazi-loving, armed killers don't get them again, and the Black ladies can shop at the convenience store etc in safety...is what exactly?
Practical solution, not airy-fairy 'intellectual' BS...."get the guns" etc.
Combating and ending racism in all its manifestations. Which is why people like RedDick and luee pretending that racism does not exist and that pointing out racism is the real problem are themselves the real problem.

And the solution is never, ever a fascist police state, as much as you orgasm over the possibility. And especially not one that fawns over vigilantism.

- William of Baskerville

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: August 28, 2023, 03:31:48 PM »

Yeach, there is a Constitutional right to mistake your hate for religious doctrine.
Hate.?
You may want to read the case history.
If there was any hate it was directed at the Catholic Couple in the form of discrimination in violation of the first amendment.
Pope Says 'Backward' American Conservatives Have Replaced Faith With Ideology
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pope-francis-backward-conservatives-catholic-church_n_64ecd06de4b05b9ed9edb5cf

- William of Baskerville

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: August 28, 2023, 04:12:54 PM »

If the Japanese can own movie studios in Hollywood, then the Chinese should be able to open a movie studio in Hollywood too, and the Italians, and others.

When I worked for Universal it was owned by a giant Japanese corporation, and they paid everyone minimum wage, it sucked. It was a great job, I loved my job, but I was starving and I could not afford to rent an apartment and buy food, etc, I had to live with my Mom and starve. That was my personal experience from working for the Japanese, I will never work for the Japanese again.

I would rather work for the Chinese, or the Filipinos, than the Japanese.

And that is why everyone in the Entertainment Industry is on strike, the studios are owned by giant Japanese corporations and they are not treating people fair. Sony is not treating people fair. And when I worked at Universal I was not treated fair, I was an adult with a college degree and years of work experience and management experience and experience working with the public, etc, and Universal paid me the bare minimum wage while I starved. You cannot survive in California on minimum wage. That is why all of the workers are on strike.

I had a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a Chinese General, and she loved me. I have always gotten along well with the Chinese. I do not agree with communism, but I love the Chinese people.

And the people from the Philippines are great, my dearly departed friend Lisa from the Philippines was my wealthiest friend, and she spent her whole life helping the homeless, she was great. It would be great if the people from the Philippines owned a movie studio here in Hollywood.

The workers are all on strike because they have been working for heartless foreign corporations, and I understand, I starved when I worked at Universal, I would have went on strike too, people need to strike to get fair pay, the only way to get fair pay from heartless foreign corporations is with Labor Unions and Labor Laws.

I went to Italy and tried to get a job at the movie studio in Rome, I would love to make movies with the Italians, and I love Italy, I would have stayed there if I could have gotten a job.

Anyhow, I understand why the workers are on strike. I am growing old poor and alone even though I worked and studied hard, and it is not fair, and so the workers need to strike to make things fair. I fully support good Labor Unions and Labor Laws. And if the Japanese do not like it then they can go back to Japan.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 04:43:40 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 622