Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 558

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117388 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6060 on: October 19, 2023, 10:51:23 PM »

Rep. Jared Moskowitz (D-FL) stated that the disgusting display of anti Israel, anti Zionism, and antisemitism from the international media around the world in taking Hamas word for it on the Gaza hospital blast caused riots and  noted that Hamas had their word believed, while Israel had to provide reams of evidence to be believed.
When Israel said it was not true, they had to show satellite imagery, they had to show trajectory of the bomb, they had to explain the crater size, they had to show all sorts of audio intelligence.
 So, look, this just shows how dangerous it is to be listening to a terrorist organization when they put out numbers, when they put out facts and figures, and they put out statements. And it is  a lesson for the media and elected officials that this is an active war zone, and we have to be careful before we take stuff and weaponize it, because look what it caused in the Arab world.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: October 20, 2023, 02:09:40 AM »

Here's another idea:
Hamas, Islamic Jihad release the hostages, leave Gaza and go live somewhere else...like Iran, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria etc.
You know, to save the lives of Palestinians in Gaza.

Australia would be good. There is no one important there who would be bothered at all.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: October 20, 2023, 01:17:03 PM »

"9 Palestinians dead and 20 injured"..... (in an IDF ground raid in Gaza targeting jihadist militants planning attacks on Israel)...screams the headline today.
"In a 3 hour gun battle" the report continues.

Excuse me!    3 hour gun battle?

Hardly "innocent Palestinian civilians"!

Report continues..."young men, seeing no future in occupation, burnt tires and threw rocks at Isreali troops".

Israelis are fighting now for their very existence...the majority of the world seemingly cheering for "free Palestine", and seemingly supporting the attacks on Israel as part of "the struggle" (sounds like the IRA and Northern Ireland).
Irish America seemed to lose its desire for funding and supporting the IRA, when it got a taste of what terrorism is like first hand on 9/11.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 01:20:21 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: October 20, 2023, 01:36:02 PM »

That would be since the Good Friday accords where the sides were able to sit down and work out a solution that included a cessation of hostilities. It had more to do with the accords than subsequent events.

You are a twisted fuck who likes to twist things till they are forever fucked, so no one expects you to do any better.

For every refugee in the Middle East one way tickets straight to Oz.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: October 20, 2023, 02:18:02 PM »

"9 Palestinians dead and 20 injured"..... (in an IDF ground raid in Gaza targeting jihadist militants planning attacks on Israel)...screams the headline today.

Getting invaded can turn you into a combatant pretty quickly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdPs5YXQTSw

Report continues..."young men, seeing no future in occupation, burnt tires and threw rocks at Isreali troops".

Israelis are fighting now for their very existence...the majority of the world seemingly cheering for "free Palestine", and seemingly supporting the attacks on Israel as part of "the struggle" (sounds like the IRA and Northern Ireland).
Actually, that is a good analogy on how being made into a refugee and second class citizen in your own land can echo down through time. And how to end it. Because...
Irish America seemed to lose its desire for funding and supporting the IRA, when it got a taste of what terrorism is like first hand on 9/11.
Your time line and attempted causal connection are utter bull shit.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: October 20, 2023, 03:57:33 PM »

Interesting how Israel doing "whatever is necessary" (see today's eye opening report from Amnesty International) to defend its interests is held to be above criticism. 

Perhaps history will come to look on Israel's treatment of Palestinians the way it now regards American treatment of tribal peoples.   There are some parallels.  Every atrocity by the native people pushed onto marginal lands and means of sustenance undermined is whipped up by media for maximum shock and outrage, while the brutal responses (often including wholesale slaughter) are glossed over with logistics and appeals to necessity.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: October 20, 2023, 04:09:43 PM »

Interesting how Israel doing "whatever is necessary" (see today's eye opening report from Amnesty International) to defend its interests is held to be above criticism. 
Israel is above criticism?
It killed 500 Palestinians according to the NewYork Times, Washington Post, the AP, MSNBC, and the entire democrat contingent to Congress.
Oh wait.
That was before any legitimate investigation after regurgitating Hamas propaganda.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: October 20, 2023, 04:47:25 PM »

Red loves this. He got his neocon drag out of his closet and everything.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: October 20, 2023, 04:54:11 PM »

Actually, that is a good analogy on how being made into a refugee and second class citizen in your own land can echo down through time. And how to end it. Because...

Their own land?

He who has the best weapons/army rules Palestine...it has ever been so.
This time around it's not the current "Palestinians".

He who has the best weapons/army rules has always been, everywhere in the world.
Guns beat spears.

Strategically situated between three continents, the region of Palestine (also known as the Land of Israel and the Holy Land) has a tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. Palestine is the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity, and has been controlled by many kingdoms and powers, including Ancient Egypt, Ancient Israel and Judah, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great and his successors, the Hasmoneans, the Roman Empire, several Muslim caliphates, and the crusaders.
In modern times, the area was ruled by the Ottoman Empire, then the British Empire and since 1948 it has been divided into Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 04:57:18 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: October 20, 2023, 05:41:14 PM »

Their own land?

He who has the best weapons/army rules has always been, everywhere in the world.
Guns beat spears.
What, precisely, is your problem with Hamas, then? They are using the weapons at their disposal, after all.

Strategically situated between three continents, the region of Palestine (also known as the Land of Israel and the Holy Land) has a tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. Palestine is the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity, and has been controlled by many kingdoms and powers, including Ancient Egypt, Ancient Israel and Judah, the Persian Empire, Alexander the Great and his successors, the Hasmoneans, the Roman Empire, several Muslim caliphates, and the crusaders.
In modern times, the area was ruled by the Ottoman Empire, then the British Empire and since 1948 it has been divided into Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.
I am sure you needed the history lesson.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: October 20, 2023, 05:48:03 PM »

Seems the AUKUS pact is dead in the water, so to speak.  'Albo' is going to America. "Mr 'Albo' goes to Washington".

Looks like 'no nukes for bambu' is coming true.

Such a pity Australia is not nuke-armed, bristling with the latest weapons of all kinds, and willing to use them when its citizens are harmed...might have some chance of getting Hamas to release the Aussie hostages/hostages of Aussie relatives then.

Mmm, maybe a Sydney mosque being allowed to commemorate today the deaths of three Hezbollah fighters killed by the Israeli army in recent days, 'honour jihadists'[DTele] might help.
Maybe not.

Anything goes in Australia today, basically....for some people anyway.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 06:17:51 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: October 20, 2023, 06:09:01 PM »

Their own land?

Guns beat spears.
What, precisely, is your problem with Hamas, then? They are using the weapons at their disposal, after all.

Hamas, a terrorist organisation, who would kill me in an instant given the chance, likely cook me alive in a bread oven, can and will, do whatever it likes.
You have a problem with Israel's reply to its barbaric attacks on Jews in Israel, I don't.

I needed the exact history, I'm a long way from the Middle East...always have been.
A long way from anywhere really.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 06:20:17 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: October 20, 2023, 06:19:32 PM »

Their own land?

Guns beat spears.

Hamas, a terrorist organisation, who would kill me in an instant given the chance, likely cook me alive in a bread oven, can and will, do whatever it likes.
You have a problem with Israel's reply to its barbaric attacks on Jews in Israel, I don't.

I needed the exact history, I'm a long way from the Middle East.
You did not get one yet.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: October 20, 2023, 07:01:27 PM »

Their own land?

Guns beat spears.

I needed the exact history, I'm a long way from the Middle East.
You did not get one yet.

Close enough.
Maybe the Zionist militias thought Palestine was being taken over by Muslims.
Maybe they just wanted somewhere safe for the Holocaust surviving Jews to live.
Who knows.

I know one thing...in the here and now, all invading Israel and massacring Jews is going to get you is exactly what there is today.
Even someone with only 1/4 of their brain working should know that.

If the Palestinians today thought their Arab friends in nations near and far would take them in as refugees, seems they were sorely mistaken.
Hamas has caused all their problems...they keep electing Hamas to rule them...bad choice.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 08:16:58 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: October 20, 2023, 08:02:45 PM »

Israel is above criticism?
It killed 500 Palestinians according to the NewYork Times, Washington Post, the AP, MSNBC, and the entire democrat contingent to Congress.

Liar.  I read AP and WaPo.  Both reported the explosion, and that Hamas claimed it was an Israeli attack, and that it was being investigated.  Period. 

And somewhat irrelevant to the Amnesty International report that I link here....

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/10/damning-evidence-of-war-crimes-as-israeli-attacks-wipe-out-entire-families-in-gaza/

which you probably don't want to face, because it would spoil your righteous cheerleading for Israel.

Oh wait.
That was before any legitimate investigation after regurgitating Hamas propaganda.

Both the sources I mentioned indicated that Israeli attack was a Hamas claim, and by no means certain. 

Maybe you should take a break from your own propaganda feeds and listen to some Neil Young.  He was a brilliant old soul in his twenties. 

« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 08:05:46 PM by Oilcan »
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 558