Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 558

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117297 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6285 on: November 06, 2023, 09:54:40 AM »

Saw video on Sky News of a Hamas leader and Sheik/Ayatollah type guy promising, well, horror.
Guess who's next on the hit list of the Ayatollah type guy's horror [maybe a global Muslim world?].
Spain!  He angrily said Spain is on Islamic land.

Well, it was Islamic land, far more recently than Israel was Jewish land when Israel was.created.

Has it ever occurred to you that your major news source cherry picks stories to frighten you into sharing their politics?

Yes.
But, the ranting Hamas leader, and the ranting Sheik/Ayatollah type guy, shown in the tapes...were real.
They are real.
No doubt. You can find someone saying pretty much any barbaric, stupid and bloodthirsty thing you want on Youtube. I guarantee you I could find some Jewish claric calling for Israel to kill most of the Palestinian population in the West Bank and Gaza and forcibly deport the rest. The use of that sort of propaganda lies not in inventing stories but getting weak minded idiots like you to believe they represent in this case Islam at large and are a threat. They do not and they are not but Sky has you pissing your pants in fear.
Their words real.
Spain is next on their list, after they've finished with Israel and the Jews.

Then, when they've finished with Spain, and it's an Islamic state...who then in the "First they came" scenario will be next?   Australia?...me?
Me roasted to death in their bread oven?
NO thank you!
I need Israel and its allies to kill Hamas, Hezbollah, and the rest of the Islamic terrorists in the world, stone dead. [Islamic terrorists blew up NYC 9/11, Islamic terrorists are real, not some myth to be ignored.]
Dead terrorists do not kill anyone", a lady in the old NYT forums told me so...and I believe her.
Someone from this forum used to note that killing your enemy tends to just make more of them. Try believing that.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: November 06, 2023, 01:55:39 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12711071/MP-sex-prostitute-Tory-MPs-cheered-on.html

The world over, conservative politicians are all the same. All entitlement, no character
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: November 06, 2023, 03:47:02 PM »

Someone from this forum used to note that killing your enemy tends to just make more of them.

I've noted that many times but I would guess you refer to Bo.  Who had that as a tagline.

Over ten thousand today, about 40% children.  Indicates Israeli talk about trying to minimize collateral damage is empty words.  Pretty much blanket bombing and hope you hit a Hamas pocket.  I'm starting to think Bibi let border security go slack purposely - tempt Hamas to attack and provide an excuse for war, use that war to distract from his legal woes and public disapproval.  Wag the dog.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: November 06, 2023, 07:02:23 PM »

We need to be careful who we allow to make our entertainment for the USA and who owns our movie and television studios. If you can change how people think and feel, then you can change how they behave; movies, television shows, music, poetry, books, etc, all have the power to change how people think and feel, and thus they have the power to change how people behave.

We cannot allow the enemies of America to create our entertainment, or they will teach people to have nothing but disdain for the founders of America, and nothing but disdain for the pioneers, and nothing but disdain for the cowboys, etc.

The entertainment that people consume effects society.

And for instance, the streets of Hollywood are full of homeless people now, which is not the case in Rome, Italy. Rome has hostels where people can take a shower and where they can sleep in a bed for $15 per night, so people do not need to be homeless in Rome, and we can do the same thing in Los Angeles as we can have cheap hostels here where people can shower and sleep for $15 per night. So, the culture in Rome is different, and maybe we could prosper by making movies and television shows in Rome.

The original Americans had entertainment that showed the characteristics that Americans wanted from our people, such as bravery, honesty, beauty, etc. But, now we have assholes making movies where the villains are the good guys, such as the Joker, and other bad movies like that. We cannot make movies that glorify evil, or that is the society that you will foster. We need to glorify the behavior we desire. And when you do bad things, then there are bad consequences and it needs to be the same way in the movies.

You guys should let me own Universal Studios, and I will make the movies and television shows, and we can keep Spielberg and Ron Howard and Rob Zombie. We could make movies and television shows here in California, as well as at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. And I would also hire Oliver Stone.

We had the Space Shuttle Program that brought over $100 Billion to the Antelope Valley here in California, as well as to Cape Canaveral in Florida, and we can bring money to our areas with Universal Studios. And we can buy and operate Universal Studios in California and in Florida for less than the Shuttle Program cost.

We need for good Americans to own and run our movie studios, and I could do it. And I just get depressed when I see the bad stuff they are producing now.

Maybe I can find a rich woman to buy Universal Studios, and then we can help her to run the studios. Sometimes you can do great things if you do not care who gets the credit.

We will see what happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: November 06, 2023, 07:44:21 PM »

Someone from this forum used to note that killing your enemy tends to just make more of them.

I've noted that many times but I would guess you refer to Bo.  Who had that as a tagline.

Over ten thousand today, about 40% children.  Indicates Israeli talk about trying to minimize collateral damage is empty words. 

I dont remember  Oilcan expressing similar criticism when Obama used the same words.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: November 06, 2023, 08:04:38 PM »

When parts of the Skylab fell on Balladonia town South Australia state, bambuworld...the town issued NASA with a $400 fine for littering".  :)

President Jimmy Carter rang the roadhouse to apologise for the crashing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 08:08:58 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: November 06, 2023, 09:41:39 PM »

Saw video on Sky News of a Hamas leader and Sheik/Ayatollah type guy promising, well, horror.
Guess who's next on the hit list of the Ayatollah type guy's horror [maybe a global Muslim world?].

Well, it was Islamic land, far more recently than Israel was Jewish land when Israel was.created.

Has it ever occurred to you that your major news source cherry picks stories to frighten you into sharing their politics?
It occurs to most of us you are totally ignorant of the history of Israel.
Hardly surprising.
The only way "most of us" makes sense is if you are Tyler Durden.

I am familiar with the history of Israel. And unlike you, Palestine and the Ottoman Empire.
No you are not  or you would not have made such a stupid post.
I see you made a quick google search.
Yeah, just because you needed to do a Google search to learn the Ottoman Empire was not the second largest footstool emporium in the tri state area does not mean anyone else had to.
Obviously the Ottoman Empire is a mystery to you.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: November 06, 2023, 11:15:29 PM »

Euclid was born in 323 AD and he sat on an island in Greece and studied and wrote books, and when Columbus sailed in 1492 he used information that he learned from studying the work of Euclid, and then when the United States sent men to the Moon we used information from studying Euclid.

If you ever think that it is worthless to study and to write, then one simply must learn about Euclid. The pen is mighty.

Another great man from America who sat by a pond and thought about philosophy and wrote was Henry David Thoreau, and Henry changed the world, lots of great men studied the work of Thoreau, including Gandhi.

Sometimes I think it would be great to just go live on an island in Greece and study and drink wine and write, like Euclid, and Aristotle, and Aristophanes, and Sophocles, etc. I could have a beautiful young muse to keep me company. They do not have drive by shootings on an island in Greece, I doubt Greece has gang violence. I could just grow old peacefully.

Anyhow, you can change the world by studying and writing, and by just pondering the mysteries of life. Euclid was a cool guy.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: November 07, 2023, 01:10:57 AM »

Dave Mustaine is great, and he wrote and recorded a song "Peace sells, but who's buying?" And he is right. Everyone makes money from war, but the great men of peace like Pope Francis are poor men.

But, wise men appreciate times of peace and prosperity with times of plenty. When we have have peace, and prosperity, and plentiful products in our stores, then those are good times.

In Rome one of the greats was Augustus and he led Rome during a great time of peace and prosperity so he was considered a great leader, the wise men recognized the ability to make peace and prosperity as being good qualities in a leader, instead of just being a warrior like Napoleon.

People make trillions from defense projects, but sadly not as much is spent on the Peace Corps. No one is investing in peace.

In Colombia they used to have child soldiers 30 years ago, but then Shakira and others donated schools in Colombia, and the children were made to go to school instead of working or being child soldiers. With the peace in Colombia we have expanded trade, including buying coffee from Colombia, etc, and so everyone is benefiting from the peace and trade and prosperity.

Building schools, and increasing trade, etc, are ways that we can benefit from peace and prosperity. And the children can go to school, instead of being child soldiers.

Dave Mustaine is a genius, and he is right that a lot of people make money from war, but the wise men will appreciate the times of peace and prosperity.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: November 07, 2023, 01:50:22 AM »

Older Jewish man beaten to DEATH...allegedly by a Palestinian protestor....in America!
What's Joe gonna DO about the hatred of Jews in America NOW!
Anything?
or Nothing?

If I were a Jewish person in America today I'd be rushing out at express pace now and buying guns, and plenty of ammo!
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: November 07, 2023, 05:17:07 AM »

US has announced that one of its most secretive assets ...of the Four Horsemen of Tomahawkalypse...USS Florida...has arrived in the Persian Gulf.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: November 07, 2023, 10:02:48 AM »

It occurs to most of us you are totally ignorant of the history of Israel.
Hardly surprising.
The only way "most of us" makes sense is if you are Tyler Durden.

I am familiar with the history of Israel. And unlike you, Palestine and the Ottoman Empire.
No you are not  or you would not have made such a stupid post.
I see you made a quick google search.
Yeah, just because you needed to do a Google search to learn the Ottoman Empire was not the second largest footstool emporium in the tri state area does not mean anyone else had to.
Obviously the Ottoman Empire is a mystery to you.
This from someone who thinks Suleiman the Magnificent is a WWF villain.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: November 07, 2023, 10:03:52 AM »

Over ten thousand today, about 40% children.  Indicates Israeli talk about trying to minimize collateral damage is empty words. 

I dont remember  Oilcan expressing similar criticism when Obama used the same words.
Non sequitur! 15 - love!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: November 07, 2023, 11:09:52 AM »

Older Jewish man beaten to DEATH...allegedly by a Palestinian protestor....in America!
What's Joe gonna DO about the hatred of Jews in America NOW!
Anything?
or Nothing?
The Biden Administration had been making combatting antisemitic violence a policy point from before 10/7 and continues to do so.

If I were a Jewish person in America today I'd be rushing out at express pace now and buying guns, and plenty of ammo!
Yeah, but there have been brutal attacks on Palestinians in the US too. What if both groups "rush[] out at express pace now and buying guns, and plenty of ammo!" Then what?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: November 07, 2023, 11:10:38 AM »

US has announced that one of its most secretive assets ...of the Four Horsemen of Tomahawkalypse...USS Florida...has arrived in the Persian Gulf.
We clearly suck at keeping secrets.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 558