Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 558

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117301 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #6375 on: November 11, 2023, 10:38:11 PM »

My abortive website could never in a thousand years have been this entertaining.

And container ships go to Newark Bay, not NY Harbor.  But keep dodging those kayaks, Bambi!
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: November 12, 2023, 01:11:39 AM »

---House votes to censure Rep. Tlaib over her Israel-Hamas rhetoric in a stunning rebuke.---

Big fan of hamas and Sleepy Joe. From a family of 14.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: November 12, 2023, 02:17:43 AM »

Women like her make wannabe dictators tremble and hide under their desks. We should be sending more folks like Representative Tlaib to congress.

With Tory republicans getting uglier and stupider by the day, we will.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: November 12, 2023, 03:24:29 AM »

Hezbollah Martyrs Day today.
Go woke, go broke.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: November 12, 2023, 09:32:59 AM »

I guess her brood came in with Clinton. Transformed the midwest and now the entire country. Back to the dark ages with xenophobia and violence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: November 12, 2023, 10:36:12 AM »

I guess her brood came in with Clinton. Transformed the midwest and now the entire country. Back to the dark ages with xenophobia and violence.
Your kind has epitomized xenophobia and violence in this country for 400 years.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: November 12, 2023, 11:42:28 AM »

Here ya go luee! Should give you the warm and fuzzies

I wonder what happened to bankshot who use to freak out whenever I called Trump and company a bunch of fucking Nazis.

He plans to scour the country for unauthorized immigrants and deport people by the millions per year.

To help speed mass deportations, Mr. Trump is preparing an enormous expansion of a form of removal that does not require due process hearings. To help Immigration and Customs Enforcement carry out sweeping raids, he plans to reassign other federal agents and deputize local police officers and National Guard soldiers voluntarily contributed by Republican-run states.

To ease the strain on ICE detention facilities, Mr. Trump wants to build huge camps to detain people while their cases are processed and they await deportation flights. And to get around any refusal by Congress to appropriate the necessary funds, Mr. Trump would redirect money in the military budget, as he did in his first term to spend more on a border wall than Congress had authorized.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/11/us/politics/trump-2025-immigration-agenda.html?unlocked_article_code=1.90w.vp8T.wSzau6drFkcw&smid=url-share

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: November 12, 2023, 11:49:40 AM »

Trump already had Luees vote. This news makes all the little bristles in his Hitler mustache stand up

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: November 12, 2023, 01:12:37 PM »

Representative Tlaib has been censured by a vote of democrats and republicans for her comments supporting hamas do you disagree?

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: November 12, 2023, 01:29:37 PM »

Representative Tlaib has been censured by a vote of democrats and republicans for her comments supporting hamas do you disagree?

Read her actual comments and think for yourself on whether censure was deserved or not.  The comments are pro Palestinian state, not anti Israel (only anti Bibi-style war crimes and oppression).  Just one example is the tweet where she makes clear what is meant by from river to sea -

From the river to the sea is an aspirational call for freedom, human rights, and peaceful coexistence, not death, destruction, or hate. 

Look at original source not distortions by opponents looking to capitalize politically. 

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: November 12, 2023, 01:48:10 PM »

https://globalnews.ca/news/1173152/awkward-photo-of-german-chancellor-angela-merkels-hitler-moustache-goes-viral/

Fac's moustache mention made me think of this.  There are several similar photo illusions with Nigel Farage, a RW British MP.  The best one, which I couldn't find, involved an unfortunate nose shadow from studio lighting right overhead Jacob Rees-Mogg.   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:53:02 PM by Oilcan »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: November 12, 2023, 02:41:49 PM »

From the river to the sea is an aspirational call for freedom, human rights, and peaceful coexistence, not death, destruction, or hate. 

Look at original source not distortions by opponents looking to capitalize politically.

That is not the original source, it is the insulting version RashidaTailib uses to hide what it is and always has been, the elimination of Israel.

Hakeem Jeffries criticized the phrase as something which is widely understood as calling for the complete destruction of Israel

The White House official response

when it comes to the phrase from the river to the sea, it is divisive, it is hurtful, many find it hurtful and many find it antisemitic, adding that the White House categorically rejects applying  the term to the Israel/Hamas] conflict

On 9 November 2023, Harvard University president, Claudine Gay, condemned the phrase.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 03:08:32 PM by Espnthree »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: November 12, 2023, 02:56:24 PM »

That is not the original source, it is the insulting version Alice Tailib uses to hide what it is and always has been, the elimination of Israel.

Who is Alice Tlaib?  Is she related to US Congress member Rashida Tlaib?

In any case, I don't care if the White House, Harvard or the House Minority Leader think it is insulting.  I read Tlaib and understood her original words to mean the rights of Palestinians to a sovereign state on land that was theirs, and then stolen from them.  I take her intent as favoring longterm peace through justice and freedom for Palestinians, and in no way supporting the vicious violence of Hamas.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: November 12, 2023, 03:16:04 PM »

Today the message of Dr Charles Stanley made sense to me as a message to our nation, and about Matthew 25; 31-46.

And instead of spending money to build a fence between us and Mexico, the Christian way to behave would be to spend the money on schools for poor children, and hospitals in poor villages, and libraries for poor villages, etc. We can win allies, and we can tell them not to praise us but instead to thank God for blessing us so that we  may bless you.

We need to pass blessings onto Mexico, and we can win Mexico over for Christ.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 558