Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 559

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117640 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7140 on: January 16, 2024, 09:31:26 PM »

California is going to fund medical insurance for the immigrants regardless of status.

Health care is a right for all humans, and I support health care for everyone.

Of note, I recommend opening Free Clinics like the one on Beverly Blvd by the Beverly Center, where the doctors all volunteer their time, and where the funds come from charity, etc. We need to open community free clinics wherever we can, there is a huge demand for such a service.

https://www.sabancommunityclinic.org/locations/beverly-health-center

I also support Mental Health Associations such as the one in Santa Ana, and I support Wellness Centers such as the one in Orange.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: January 16, 2024, 11:55:12 PM »

FAC, OC:  Your defense of a guy who praises monarchy and Royalty and then
whines about Nepotism keeping him jobless is quite touching.
Tony has been trying out this script of his for years.  I have refrained from
any critique for too long.  He wants to write his self-pity and nonsense on Elba,
that is his choice.  Back on ignore he goes, as soon as I give him a whiff of the grapes of Truth.

1) Hollywood is about make-believe, not reality.

There are many movies made in Hollywood that are about true stories/events.

Maybe you'd like to post in this forum your practical solutions for helping the vast number of homeless people in America improve their lives, have enough to eat, and stop having to live and die in squalor on the streets.

Movies based on real life people almost never refrain from embellishing the storyline for box-office effects.  Those that do not are called documentaries.
Hollywood produces junk and special effects fantasies.

Once again, you make statements based on lies you choose to believe.
There have always been homeless people in America, that is a fact.
I saw a stat that 1 in 8 Americans have been homeless at one time, even if only for a week or month.  It is also widely known that something like a third of all Americans have less than a $1000 in savings.
How could those two facts be true in the wealthiest country in the world?
I will give you a hint: the top 1% of people have 40% of the wealth.

The GOP policy for the homeless is now they got what they deserve. Period.
The US is in decline and saps like you are going to have to defend yourselves completely on your own.  Hope you like Chinese food.

When I see a starving homeless person on the street, believe me I buy them a  meal, as do many good, decent Americans.

When China has taken over the rest of the world, it will come for America...and America won't stand a chance. America/ns will be enslaved, or the world will end in nuclear war.
America needs to form a solid Coalition Of US Aligned Nations...COUSAN.
50 nations, 100 nations, 150 nations...as many as possible, to stand against the China-Russia-North Korea-Iran etc Alliance.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: January 17, 2024, 12:06:25 PM »

Bambu proves once again that world looks very different to those looking up at it from inside the bottom of a toilet bowl than it does to the rest of us.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: January 17, 2024, 01:44:58 PM »

Bambu proves once again that world looks very different to those looking up at it from inside the bottom of a toilet bowl than it does to the rest of us.

Indeed.
There are two men...

One...the American man, armed with small and big guns with which to defend himself, his family, and his home.
His country armed to the max with the biggest and best conventional and nuclear weapons known to mankind.

Two...the Australian man,  totally unarmed...not allowed weapons of any kind with which to defend himself, his family, and his home.
His country basically unarmed...few ships, smallish air force, dwindling number of troops in army.
No nuclear weapons.
No hope, relying totally on the generosity of others for its security.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: January 17, 2024, 01:56:23 PM »

If you were found with a firearm, Bambu, you would likely be beaten upside the head with it.

Likely Mrs. Bambu would be near or at the head of the queue.

You have not stumbled across the movie Airplane on YouTube, or perhaps a clip, have you?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: January 17, 2024, 03:14:13 PM »

Blessed are the Peacemakers.

I really did have a roommate in Malibu who was the daughter of a Chinese General, it was not Hollywood fantasy, and we made peace, and we became good friends while we lived in the same house. We can have peace with China. China wants trade, and peace. Keep the Chinese busy with honest Business, and everything will be cool. I would also like to see Labor Unions happen in China that are independent of their government which can lead to more wealth for the good honest workers in China and unions can help to grow the Middle Class in China. Meanwhile, Sunkist is selling products to China from farmers here in California, etc, and China is buying more products from the USA everyday. We can have peace and trade with China.

In Russia, we have the artists and dancers on our team, there was Stanislavsky, and Anton Chekhov, and Michael Chekhov, etc. And New York is full of Russian descendants and they have the Russian Tea Room at Central Park in New York. We need for the good people to rise and to take charge of Russia. We cannot allow ignorant thugs and bullies to control the planet. We need for wise old peaceful leaders to lead. We need to find people in Russia who we can support, and we need to overthrow Putin and replace him with the good people in Russia. Putin needs to be locked in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

We need to always be spending money on the Peace Corps, and blessed are the Peace Makers.

For Iran, there is Mahlagha Jaberi who wants to help lead change and an improvement in Human Rights in Iran. And Farah Pahlavi lives in France, France is a powerful force in Iran. And we have one million Persians living in Los Angeles, with 40% of the children in the schools of Beverly Hills being Persians from Iran. We need to work for peace and improved human rights with Iran. And they are rich from Oil, etc, the oil prices are high and they are making money from oil. If we removed the sanctions on Iran then they would be wealthy quickly because of the oil.

There is also the issue of Cuba, now would be a good time to push for freedom and good human rights in Cuba, and we need to remove the sanctions on Cuba so they can make money and rise.

Lots of good things are happening in Mexico, and in Colombia, etc, we are making progress, and we can send representatives from Homeboy Industries in Los Angeles to El Salvador to teach them how to handle their gang  situation, etc, and we can send representatives from Boy's Town to El Salvador to teach them how to help the orphans, etc.

Meanwhile Pope Francis is a great man of peace.

And Mayor Bass is doing all that she can to help the homeless in Los Angeles, and they need to build cheap hostels and cheap Sober Living Homes, etc.

Also, Governor Newsom is making sure that every person in California has health care, regardless of immigration status. We also need to build more Free Clinics for Medical Care, like the Free Clinic on Beverly Blvd by the Beverly Center.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 03:18:12 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: January 17, 2024, 03:37:06 PM »

Tony, do you know somewhere good I could go eat with my dog in your neck of the woods? I

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: January 17, 2024, 03:46:50 PM »

Tony, do you know somewhere good I could go eat with my dog in your neck of the woods? I

Huntington Beach has a very nice hotel where Dogs are welcome, and the food is fantastic, and they also have a Dog Beach in Huntington where you can take your Dog on the Beach. The prices are kind of high, but the quality is fantastic. 

In Anaheim there is a Dog Park at La Palma Park, which is right by the original Carl's Jr, it is a good spot to buy Hamburgers from Carl's Jr and to eat in the Park. And the prices are cheap with this option.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: January 17, 2024, 03:55:25 PM »

Blessed are the Peacemakers.

Salute,

Tony V.
Well, obviously it is not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: January 17, 2024, 06:48:16 PM »

Christina Pascucci wants to have involuntary intervention for the mentally ill, and I warned her of a few concerns...

One is that innocent people can be locked in a mental hospital simply because they do not go along with the rich and powerful people, as was shown in the movie "Changeling" which stars Angelina Jolie and which was made by Clint Eastwood, that movie was based on a true story.

Also, they put harmless good people in with the worst of the worst. They were putting guys from Patton State Hospital for the Criminally Insane in with the harmless people, and they put criminals fresh out of prison in with the harmless people who simply had a nervous breakdown from being homeless, etc. They need to separate people, they need to stop putting the good honest peaceful people in with the criminally insane. And I told her about how bad the Sylmar Mental Hospital was and it is probably still bad.

I also told her to talk with Geraldo Rivera, Geraldo got famous from reporting on how bad our mental hospitals were at that time, Christina Pascucci needs to talk with Geraldo Rivera about the mental hospitals.

And some people need to be treated in a nice garden environment instead of a prison type environment. There needs to be places where the good peaceful people can get help without being locked in with the criminals, etc.

It is a slippery slope once they approve of locking people in mental hospitals against their will.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 06:50:28 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: January 17, 2024, 07:18:54 PM »

Huntington Beach has a very nice hotel where Dogs are welcome, and the food is fantastic, and they also have a Dog Beach in Huntington where you can take your Dog on the Beach. The prices are kind of high, but the quality is fantastic. 

In Anaheim there is a Dog Park at La Palma Park, which is right by the original Carl's Jr, it is a good spot to buy Hamburgers from Carl's Jr and to eat in the Park. And the prices are cheap with this option.

Salute,

Tony V.

I think I would rather grab something from El Pollo Fino than from Carls.

Richard P. Feynman

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: January 18, 2024, 11:14:21 AM »

Interesting case for the discredited High Court:

Chevron Deference: The Supreme Court heard arguments in a case over a fishing regulation that could overturn a key precedent on the power of federal agencies, a long-sought goal of the conservative legal movement.

Another move to dismantle the so-called deep state: fed regulatory power.

When statues are ambiguous (poorly written by Congress) whose interpretations should be followed? The agencies or the courts?

Solution:  Elect Congress members who can write and read UNAMBIGUOUSLY!

Big business wins 6-3. Chevron 1984 is out.
Good Riddance.
The Constitution wins again.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: January 18, 2024, 11:37:58 AM »

Chevron Deference: The Supreme Court heard arguments in a case over a fishing regulation that could overturn a key precedent on the power of federal agencies, a long-sought goal of the conservative legal movement.

When statues are ambiguous (poorly written by Congress) whose interpretations should be followed? The agencies or the courts?

Good Riddance.

Hahahahahahaha!

Whew

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: January 18, 2024, 11:47:07 AM »

Good Riddance.
Stare decisis no longer exists, at least to the extent to which it conflicts with the right wing political goals of an activist Supreme Court. If that is the eventual ruling.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: January 18, 2024, 12:46:39 PM »

Good Riddance.

FIFY
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 559