Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 558

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117356 times)

jmmengel

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7515 on: February 09, 2024, 01:00:41 PM »

January 6, 2025. The Dems have retained the Senate and gained a majority in the House, but Trump has won. Kamala Harris with the Dems united behind her refuses to certify the electoral votes because one candidate is disqualified from office under Section 3...

Except Donald Trump would not be covered by Section 3.
He is if the SCOTUS rules he is. Only Jackson seemed receptive to that argument at the hearing, apparently.
Obviously you did not listen (or read )the questions from Jackson from yesterday.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/02/ketanji-brown-jackson-trump-supreme-court-ballot.html

What part of "Only Jackson seemed receptive..." is causing you difficulty?
Because she was not.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: February 09, 2024, 01:13:42 PM »

Australia to build a fleet of AI controlled 'Ghost Bat' killer drones.
Yo!
At last.
US to share drone technology so manufacture can begin as soon as possible.
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: February 09, 2024, 01:30:22 PM »

Anyway that leaves this possibility...

January 6, 2025. The Dems have retained the Senate and gained a majority in the House, but Trump has won. Kamala Harris with the Dems united behind her refuses to certify the electoral votes because one candidate is disqualified from office under Section 3...

There are many precedents for parts of the constitution being self-executing, right?  And section 3 has been interpreted as such.  So the House should need nothing more than a procedural resolution, something like this chamber cannot certify...

Which means, if I'm understanding the most volatile House races this year, that California could tip it towards such a vote. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: February 09, 2024, 02:03:20 PM »

There are many precedents for parts of the constitution being self-executing, right?  And section 3 has been interpreted as such.  So the House should need nothing more than a procedural resolution, something like this chamber cannot certify...

Well, no.

the 14th Amendment
Congressional power of enforcement
Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: February 09, 2024, 02:05:34 PM »

Las Vegas' Chicken Ranch Brothel has announced free sexual services for the winners of the upcoming Super Bowl. The offer, extended by sex workers Alice Little and Addison Gray, includes a range of amenities and services and is also open to the players' wives and girlfriends. 2 days ago

-------------

Vegas has more than Gambling, Vegas also has legal bordellos.

And in Battle Mountain, Nevada, they have the Calico Club Bordello.

The Super Bowl Weekend is going to be wild in Nevada.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: February 09, 2024, 02:06:26 PM »

Which means, if I'm understanding the most volatile House races this year, that California could tip it towards such a vote.
I think it more likely the Dems lost the Senate than gain the House. But it is fun to contemplate. I wonder what happens if Congress did disqualify Trump. Would the race go to the House? The House would be limited to the three people who have "the highest numbers" of electoral votes, which would be Joe Biden, no other eligible person having received any electoral votes. Since the elector votes for VP are counted separately the Repo VP candidate would become VP, which, you know, Biden better watch his back because I would not put it past that Stefanik bitch to smother him with a pillow, immediately becoming President and pardoning herself.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: February 09, 2024, 02:07:49 PM »

He is if the SCOTUS rules he is. Only Jackson seemed receptive to that argument at the hearing, apparently.
Obviously you did not listen (or read )the questions from Jackson from yesterday.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/02/ketanji-brown-jackson-trump-supreme-court-ballot.html

Because she was not.
Not receptive or not the only one? Because either way citing her questioning and only her questioning undercuts your "point".
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: February 09, 2024, 02:18:17 PM »

Because she was not.
Not receptive or not the only one? Because either way citing her questioning and only her questioning undercuts your "point".
Funny you cannot explain what you mean about her questioning.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: February 09, 2024, 02:39:34 PM »

Because she was not.
No need to. Everyone understood what I meant. Including you.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: February 09, 2024, 02:41:51 PM »

The Government is making money from Dams and from Hydro powered electric generators, the Government makes money from Hoover Dam from selling Electricity, and plus they sell water.

In Tacoma, Washington, they had a drought and so the Dam could not produce power because there was not enough water, so the Navy sent the Aircraft Carrier, The Lexington, to Tacoma to provide power for Washington. Washington had to pay the going rate for Electricity that they got from the Lexington, the Government made the same amount of money from the Lexington that they got from providing power with the Dam.

https://www.usni.org/magazines/naval-history-magazine/1990/september/carrier-lit-tacoma

Our Government is making money from the Dams, from electricity, and from water, plus they have Recreation on the Lakes which are created by the Dams, a lot of money is made from the Recreation on Lake Mead, etc.

The same way that Anaheim has a General Fund where some money from our Electric Company goes to be spent by the Citizens of Anaheim on City Projects, such as the ARTIC Train Station that we built in Anaheim with money from the General Fund from our Electric Company, and plus some money from the General Fund went to help the homeless here in Anaheim, etc, the USA can have a General Fund with money from selling water and electricity from our Dams such as Hoover Dam, etc, and some of the money can go to helping Homeless Veterans, etc, and for Education in Kentucky, etc, we can build Medical Schools in Kentucky and we can train Doctors right here in Kentucky, etc, and then the Doctors from Kentucky can help our Veterans and our Homeless people.

Salute,

Tony V.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: February 09, 2024, 02:42:35 PM »

Because she was not.
Lol.  Not even you understands what you meant. And you are certainly oblivious to the Jackson participation.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: February 09, 2024, 02:54:44 PM »

Because she was not.
Lol.  Not even you understands what you meant. And you are certainly oblivious to the Jackson participation.
Your inability, or perhaps unwillingness, to read plain English is well known.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: February 09, 2024, 03:13:49 PM »

I think it more likely the Dems lost the Senate than gain the House. But it is fun to contemplate. I wonder what happens if Congress did disqualify Trump. Would the race go to the House? The House would be limited to the three people who have "the highest numbers" of electoral votes, which would be Joe Biden, no other eligible person having received any electoral votes. Since the elector votes for VP are counted separately the Repo VP candidate would become VP, which, you know, Biden better watch his back because I would not put it past that Stefanik bitch to smother him with a pillow, immediately becoming President and pardoning herself.

Har! 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: February 09, 2024, 03:18:09 PM »

Because she was not.
Your inability, or perhaps unwillingness, to read plain English is well known.
I watched it.

jmmengel

• View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: February 09, 2024, 03:23:59 PM »

I think it more likely the Dems lost the Senate than gain the House. But it is fun to contemplate. I wonder what happens if Congress did disqualify Trump. Would the race go to the House?
Congress cannot disqualify, only Impeach.
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 558