Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 596

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 135779 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7920 on: March 20, 2024, 05:37:15 PM »

Governor Katie Hobbs is still young, and she seems to be doing a great job in Arizona, with Phoenix being the fastest growing city in the USA according to Siri; maybe Katie Hobbs can consider becoming a future President of the United States.

Salute,

Tony V.
Phoenix being the fastest growing city in the US is a monument to the arrogance of mankind. I live here. I love it. But it is a stupid, stupid place to put a major city.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: March 20, 2024, 07:37:46 PM »

Here is my opinion on the rise of White Christian Nationalism in comparison to what my Mom observed of the America First movement in 1930s Long Island

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2022/09/22/then-and-now-mom-in-america/

I really was moved by this article and the spirit of community action in your family.  I may want to go back and read this again in future.  Consider yourself bookmarked, Larry!  🙂

Thanks! I appreciate that.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: March 21, 2024, 11:28:00 AM »

Phoenix being the fastest growing city in the US is a monument to the arrogance of mankind. I live here. I love it. But it is a stupid, stupid place to put a major city.

I've heard one draw, besides the you don't shovel sunshine, is that a house is cheaper in multiple ways - no basement, cheaper land, less humidity-proofing, no NG lines, insulation/HVAC deals with a 20-30 deg. differential in summer instead of a 50-70 deg differential in winter, roofs last longer, trusses not needing to handle snow load, etc.  I would guess newcomers were not thinking about the water problems so much.  Or the insanely hot days getting even hotter and what happens when the AC goes on the fritz and you are waiting three weeks for the swamped repair crews to get to you. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 11:30:18 AM by Oilcan »
Why sleep at home when you can sleep in Congress?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: March 21, 2024, 12:01:25 PM »

Roads last longer, too, without the constant freezing and thawing and salt. And being a new city the roads are in a neat grid of evenly space N/S and E/W four lane roads. And the a/c repair only took ten days, which we spent in a quaint pet friendly Bed and Breakfast. Well, a Best Western, but I insist those are B&Bs.

Actually, the reason it took 10 days is the fan blade it needed was in Tucson and would not be in Phoenix for a week. "Is it... walking here?" was not as appreciated as I had hoped.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: March 21, 2024, 07:28:17 PM »

Shouldn't be very long before Texas and California leave the Union, annex Arizona and New Mexico and form a new country, the Sunbelt Republic or other possible names.
All detailed on Youtube.

Access to deep sea water at both ends, great GDP, incomes $70,000pa for all, 300,000 troops, official languages English and Spanish...or Spanish, with English running a long second.

Well, Americans were warned what would happen if massive immigration both legal and illegal was allowed to happen, and Cinco de Mayo allowed to grow from a trickle to a flood...with American flag shirts on students banned.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: March 21, 2024, 07:42:29 PM »

Shouldn't be very long before Texas and California leave the Union, annex Arizona and New Mexico and form a new country, the Sunbelt Republic or other possible names.
All detailed on Youtube.

Access to deep sea water at both ends, great GDP, incomes $70,000pa for all, 300,000 troops, official languages English and Spanish...or Spanish, with English running a long second.

Well, Americans were warned what would happen if massive immigration both legal and illegal was allowed to happen, and Cinco de Mayo allowed to grow from a trickle to a flood...with American flag shirts on students banned.
If you are incapable of watching without filtering out the obvious bull shit, just stop watching YouTube.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: March 21, 2024, 10:47:18 PM »

All detailed on Youtube.

Lord a mighty! What is that smell?

It is the BULLSHIT you posted.
"There you go givin a fuck when it's not your turn to give a fuck"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: March 22, 2024, 03:14:13 AM »

World Water Day today.

African man with hat and chalk board says:

"Drink more water".

"Drink lots of water."

"Drink lots of water and you'll be too busy peeing to worry about other people's opinions." 🙂
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 06:32:29 PM by bambu. »

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: March 22, 2024, 09:35:13 AM »

Taking the piss (in the British sense) is all you do here.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: March 22, 2024, 04:15:47 PM »

Actually, the reason it took 10 days is the fan blade it needed was in Tucson and would not be in Phoenix for a week. "Is it... walking here?" was not as appreciated as I had hoped.

I am always pleasantly startled when I get a laugh from a customer service person.   

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: March 22, 2024, 05:47:13 PM »

Governor Katie Hobbs is still young, and she seems to be doing a great job in Arizona, with Phoenix being the fastest growing city in the USA according to Siri; maybe Katie Hobbs can consider becoming a future President of the United States.

Salute,

Tony V.

Maybe it just happened, from wild west days in 'Arizona territory', grew large.
Fastest growing city in America, it must be popular for reasons.
2 hrs West, in the desert, van lifers love it, they are featured in a video.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: March 22, 2024, 05:55:42 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Maybe it just happened, from wild west days in 'Arizona territory', grew large.
Fastest growing city in America, it must be popular for reasons.
2 hrs West, in the desert, van lifers love it, they are featured in a video.
Of course there are reasons for its growth. But that does not make putting 5 million people 9n a place with little water is smart.

Quartsite is the tbird largest city in Arizona, one month a year.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: March 23, 2024, 04:24:29 PM »

Mahlagha Jaberi is in Washington DC this weekend with Farah Pahlavi and others as they work for improved human rights for the women of Iran.

Lots of people from California are retiring to Arizona, and Lisa Brando lives in Arizona, and it is a great state for solar power. We just need to solve the water issues. We can put people to work building more dams and aqueducts, etc.

And Bambu, I read about the new submarines, and they are $3 Billion each, the submarines are very expensive. We can sell you B-21 Raiders for $750 million each, and the B-2 Stealth Bombers that we sent to protect you cost $2 Billion each. We can build you a new aircraft carrier for $500 million and we can sell you F-22s and F-35s to put on your aircraft carrier, and the F-16s are cheap. And we can send you some modified and updated and upgraded F-104 Starfighters as INTERCEPTORS, we need to vector the thrust to help them to steer better and to pull out of uncontrolled spins, but once updated then nothing can outrun an F-104 Starfighter. And we need to send you the equipment to jam and crash enemy drones, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 04:30:09 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: March 23, 2024, 06:46:24 PM »

All detailed on Youtube.

If you are incapable of watching without filtering out the obvious bull shit, just stop watching YouTube.

The people planning it are serious, obviously.
Gotta take notice of serious people planning mutiny, especially in the US where every state is basically an individual country.
They likely don't see it as mutiny, but rather as 'doing the best for them', which seems to be every person's motto today.
Certainly is the motto of team bambu.

If California and Texas decided to do it, including annexing Arizona and New Mexico, who would be stopping them?
Another civil war?   or just let them have their way?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: March 23, 2024, 07:49:35 PM »

All detailed on Youtube.

The people planning it are serious, obviously.
Gotta take notice of serious people planning mutiny, especially in the US where every state is basically an individual country.
They likely don't see it as mutiny, but rather as 'doing the best for them', which seems to be every person's motto today.
Certainly is the motto of team bambu.

If California and Texas decided to do it, including annexing Arizona and New Mexico, who would be stopping them?
Another civil war?   or just let them have their way?

The United States is united, we may fight among ourselves but in the end we are united.

And California has Arnold who is a good peaceful citizen, and Texas has George W. Bush, Arizona has Katie Hobbs, etc, we have good peaceful people who all love America and who want for us to remain united.

I saw a picture of Maria Shriver with her Brothers, they all look like Kennedys to me, maybe there is a future leader in the Shriver family.

The biggest threat to America right now is Donald Trump, he is a scumbag.

And Biden is doing a great job, but he is getting too old, we need younger people.

We also need to work harder with the United Nations to stop Putin, and to lock Putin in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. We need to go in and arrest Putin just like we did with Noriega. And we need to have allies who we can put in charge of Russia after we remove Putin, we have allies in the Russian Space Program, and in the Arts, etc, we need to find allies who can run Russia after we remove Putin. And we need for China to be our friend and ally and teammate for world peace and to stop Putin.

We need peace and world trade.

And California can benefit from sending ships full of goods to Australia, Trader Joe's, and Northgate Markets, can send goods to Australia and can open stores in Australia. And Mexico can benefit from selling goods to Australia. And Colombia can sell coffee to Australia, etc.

And lots of money is being invested in Mexico, Mexico is going to be great for the tourists, etc. And people from Minnesota can retire to live on a nice beach in Mexico, etc.

We need peace and world trade. And we need schools and libraries, and we need to educate our people, and everyone needs to read "Animal Farm" by George Orwell, etc.

And the Christians need to obey Matthew 25; 31-46 and we need to help the orphans and we need to help the homeless, and we need to feed the hungry, etc.

Also, Canada is a good place to send refugees, the forest of Victoria, Canada, is a great place to send refugees, and Kiwanis has a village in Victoria, Canada. 

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 07:51:58 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 596