Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 558

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 117337 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7995 on: March 27, 2024, 11:59:04 AM »

The next premeditated, cold-blooded killing of a human being in a death chamber in America is on April 4th 2024.

Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: March 27, 2024, 12:09:46 PM »

https://wapo.st/3xbrhsy

(free link, from subscriber)

Please, everyone, welcome the Joker to the Gotham news team!

By Alexandra Petri
Ronna is gone.
Far be it for the MSNBC crowd to tolerate freedom of speech.

Proven liar who won't retract lies after facts are checked...is not compatible with journalism.  Think of any journalist who has earned your trust and reflect on what it was that earned that trust.  Disqualification for a job is not a first amendment issue here - this was about incompetence.

Journalists need to be as divorced from reality, repugnant, racist, homophobic and illiterate as Red to earn his trust.

Those are the ones he cuts and pastes from willy nilly without attribution.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: March 27, 2024, 03:52:00 PM »

Baltimore...'the worst run city in America' according to Youtube.
'Tied with 4 others as having the worst violent crime rate in the nation' - Fox Baltimore
Charming.
People are leaving the city, 'it now has its lowest population in 100 years'.
One view is that the city has become 'cars central', the city catering for cars first.
Another is that people are leaving because of all the violent crime.
One lady (who happend to be Black) interviewed said "your home can be robbed twice in the same day".

Is this bridge crash just one more horror to befall Baltimore?

I'm currently walking thru 'The Drug Infested Slums of Baltimore'.
I haven't been walking long, but what I've seen so far is purely horrid.

No one loves Baltimore than one of my contemporary heroes, David Simon, who would undoubtedly refer to you accurately as a basement-dwelling shitsquib responds to those taking advantage of the tragedy to post the most stupid shit possible.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/david-simon-marjorie-taylor-greene-baltimore-bridge-1235868804/

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: March 27, 2024, 04:27:29 PM »

I understand as a man born in California how hard it is to see people bash your beloved home, as Jim Carrey constantly bashes Hollywood, the fucking asshole came to Hollywood and got rich and then all that he does is bash Hollywood and say how bad it is, instead of using his wealth and fame to help to make Hollywood better and to improve Hollywood. And I love California so much that I joined Kiwanis International and volunteered for free to help to make Anaheim better. If I could help to make California, and the USA, better, then I would do it.

And the same with Baltimore, for the people who love Baltimore then they hate to see people bash Baltimore, and I hope they care enough about Baltimore to volunteer for free to work to make Baltimore better, there is Kiwanis International, and they can also ask for help from Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries, and Boy's Town from Omaha can also help in Baltimore. There are people who will help in Baltimore for free.

I love California, and when I see homeless and mentally ill people all over the streets it makes my heart hurt. I am sure the same is true for the people who love Baltimore. And Kiwanis will help for free, and Homeboy Industries, and Boy's Town.

And the USA needs to train teachers, and we need to build libraries, and more schools, etc, and we need to improve education and job training for our people, etc. And we need good after school programs for the youth, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: March 27, 2024, 05:33:08 PM »

'Tied with 4 others as having the worst violent crime rate in the nation' - Fox Baltimore
Charming.
One view is that the city has become 'cars central', the city catering for cars first.
One lady (who happend to be Black) interviewed said "your home can be robbed twice in the same day".

No one loves Baltimore than one of my contemporary heroes, David Simon, who would undoubtedly refer to you accurately as a basement-dwelling shitsquib responds to those taking advantage of the tragedy to post the most stupid shit possible.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/david-simon-marjorie-taylor-greene-baltimore-bridge-1235868804/

Given what happened in NYC, Ms Greene is quite right to ask the question about the crash possibly being a terror attack...thus ensuring a complete, thorough, in depth, no stone left unturned, everything made public, nothing 'hidden' investigation ... is done.
Wouldn't want anything being covered up, because the ship is registered in Asia, etc...so as not to offend anyone, would we.

If Mr Simon loves Baltimore so much he should want it to be the best it can be.
He should visit the horrid slums and use his profile to enact serious change.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 05:40:38 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: March 27, 2024, 05:57:37 PM »

I understand as a man born in California how hard it is to see people bash your beloved home, as Jim Carrey constantly bashes Hollywood, the fucking asshole came to Hollywood and got rich and then all that he does is bash Hollywood and say how bad it is, instead of using his wealth and fame to help to make Hollywood better and to improve Hollywood. And I love California so much that I joined Kiwanis International and volunteered for free to help to make Anaheim better. If I could help to make California, and the USA, better, then I would do it.

And the same with Baltimore, for the people who love Baltimore then they hate to see people bash Baltimore, and I hope they care enough about Baltimore to volunteer for free to work to make Baltimore better, there is Kiwanis International, and they can also ask for help from Father Boyle and Homeboy Industries, and Boy's Town from Omaha can also help in Baltimore. There are people who will help in Baltimore for free.

I love California, and when I see homeless and mentally ill people all over the streets it makes my heart hurt. I am sure the same is true for the people who love Baltimore. And Kiwanis will help for free, and Homeboy Industries, and Boy's Town.

And the USA needs to train teachers, and we need to build libraries, and more schools, etc, and we need to improve education and job training for our people, etc. And we need good after school programs for the youth, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Two guys in the 'Walk thru the drug slums of Baltimore' Youtube video are trying to make things better, but they need help from City Hall, the cops, state and federal govts.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: March 27, 2024, 06:45:13 PM »

from my D Telegraph today:

"The company responsible for the cargo vessel that brought down a US bridge had previously been blasted by Australia, it's been revealed, as two victims were recovered and another two named.

Ships owned by the company had previously been blasted by Australian authorities for "serious and shameful" mistreatment of crew members".
The violations were deemed so serious by the Australian Maritime Safety authority that the Western Callao - owned by Singapore-based company Grace Ocean Private - was banned from Australian ports for six months in 2021.

The Dali, another Grace Ocean vessel, slammed into................

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 06:47:00 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: March 27, 2024, 07:33:00 PM »

Charming.

Given what happened in NYC, Ms Greene is quite right to ask the question about the crash possibly being a terror attack...thus ensuring a complete, thorough, in depth, no stone left unturned, everything made public, nothing 'hidden' investigation ... is done.
Wouldn't want anything being covered up, because the ship is registered in Asia, etc...so as not to offend anyone, would we.

He should visit the horrid slums and use his profile to enact serious change

The ship sent out a

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: March 27, 2024, 08:11:07 PM »

Charming.

The ship sent out a

It did.
No harm in considering all possibilities though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 11:00:07 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: March 27, 2024, 10:51:44 PM »

Charming.

The ship sent out a

It did.
No arm in considering all possibilities though.

Why not wait for the investigation?

Google David Simon

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: March 27, 2024, 11:02:43 PM »

Charming.

The ship sent out a

It did.

Google David Simon

Best to hit em [the investigators] with the 'terrorism' angle before they start looking into everything.
Nothing can be assumed.
"Assumption is the mother of all f-ups" - Under Siege 2

I googled Mr Simon...he seems to be an angry senior citizen...called Ms Greene 'submoronic'.
Not very nice, where were his manners. Respect!
He doesn't know whether or not the crash was intentional...ahem 9/11, initially they thought the first jet had problems and was just of course when it crashed into the tower....turned out to be terrorism.

Mr Simon should've said; "Anything is possible, but I'm of the belief that it was just an accident. The investigation will establish the cause.

"You complete submoronic pratfall of a human being.' What a rude man.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 03:45:06 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: March 27, 2024, 11:57:19 PM »

If nothing can be assumed, best not to hit the investigators with the terrorism angle before they start looking into everything.

In actual investigations looking precedes choosing angles.

You would know this if you had not chosen to rely on propaganda outlets instead of reasonable sources of news and probably if you had been less frequently dropped on your head.

Do be more careful in future.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: March 28, 2024, 03:31:55 AM »

Best to throw "terrorism", "inside job" etc onto the table first...lets it be known what people are thinking, accusing.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: March 28, 2024, 03:53:30 AM »

If nothing can be assumed, best not to hit the investigators with the terrorism angle before they start looking into everything.

In actual investigations looking precedes choosing angles.

You would know this if you had not chosen to rely on propaganda outlets instead of reasonable sources of news and probably if you had been less frequently dropped on your head.

Do be more careful in future.

Investigations...baaah.
They tried to blame Sully for landing the plane on the Hudson and not reaching an airport.
He proved them wrong.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: March 28, 2024, 06:29:05 AM »

Charming.

The ship sent out a

It did.

Google David Simon

Best to hit em [the investigators] with the 'terrorism' angle before they start looking into everything.
Nothing can be assumed.
"Assumption is the mother of all f-ups" - Under Siege 2

I googled Mr Simon...he seems to be an angry senior citizen...called Ms Greene 'submoronic'.
Not very nice, where were his manners. Respect!
He doesn't know whether or not the crash was intentional...ahem 9/11, initially they thought the first jet had problems and was just of course when it crashed into the tower....turned out to be terrorism.

Mr Simon should've said; "Anything is possible, but I'm of the belief that it was just an accident. The investigation will establish the cause.

"You complete submoronic pratfall of a human being.' What a rude man.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is a sub moronic twit. She is threatening the House Speaker for working with the Democrats to,pass funding to keep the government running. She is a human hand grenade. A terrible legislator.

If you had done more than a cursory search on David Simon you would have seen very few people know more about or love Baltimore.

Pull the covers over your head and suck your thumb.

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 558